Video Lynx - GoPro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does it weigh?
192g GoPro Hero3...

Yes it is a very interesting video how these boats run....
Thanks for the reply Craig... 192 grams is just a little bit less than 7 ounces for our measurement system. And, it looks kind of like a big package....

I have so many other things to 'think ' about right now, but this camera is only about 45mm in dia??? ... what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/Wearable-Sports-Action-Camcorder-Complete/dp/B00BOTLDJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369109784&sr=8-1&keywords=iON+Air+Pro+Plus+Camera

Thanks,

David

Pretty cool stuff Murph.

Did the camera have a noticeable effect on the handling?
Last few seconds of that vid shows just how much water is contacting the cav plate, even on the straights.
I was looking at that exact same thing
It's very interesting isn't it.

Also the wake that is left behind.. It's so different to what we see from the shore.
Just my thoughts,

nice video Craig. And the weather/water is beautiful.

Last couple of days I am in Holland due to my moms birthday, the weather sucks. Its 8 degrees (celsius) colder then normal.

Btw: is the cowl covered with carbon ( like carbon tape) ??

Haha Tim giving away my secrets....

Yes Ronald as per Tim's link, it's holding up very well... about to do the rest of the fleet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David,

The iON was on the list of camera's to take a look at, just couldn't find a store in Sydney to see one, so went with the GoPro only because it is so popular and a lot of my MX and Jetski buddies use them.. I also was not planning on running it on the Lynx, just something I did to test how the camera would work on a small boat and it was surprising good.

I'm actually looking to build up a floating camera platform to mount it to already have a gimble coming, etc it's also for mounting to a Quadcopter. Ultimate goal is to gather some footage to go with my photography and use it to promote the sport....

Hi David,

The iON was on the list of camera's to take a look at, just couldn't find a store in Sydney to see one, so went with the GoPro only because it is so popular and a lot of my MX and Jetski buddies use them.. I also was not planning on running it on the Lynx, just something I did to test how the camera would work on a small boat and it was surprising good.

I'm actually looking to build up a floating camera platform to mount it to already have a gimble coming, etc it's also for mounting to a Quadcopter. Ultimate goal is to gather some footage to go with my photography and use it to promote the sport....
Thanks Again for the feedback, Craig.

I will put the Ion air Pro on my list of things to try. It looks like a good option.

DJ

If I could hit like I would Lol.... Very nice Murph would've been cool to see other boats right on your tail crossing your wake with that rear view action shoot.

Craig....

sound is great and its good to see how little the steering is for tight turns. Amazing.

Thanks for showing

Latest posts

Back