VERY IMPORTANT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AMA is a great organization . I have been a member since 1981 , I will definitely write a letter concerning the regulations . One may say FAA , RC Airplanes ??? Well the whole Homeland Security deal and the technology that is available to put an unmanned airborne vehicle ( UAV - Drone ) in the air to carry out an act of terrorism is a real threat . Lots of regs might come down the pike as to where you can fly in terms of proximity to Govt. offices , power plants etc .
Just use the link Z. supplied to the AMA site, the letters are already prepared. Fill in you personal info, it will automatically load the appropiate representatives based on your zip code and hit submit to send them. I urge everyone to get on board with this, the last thing I want to see is Big Brother telling me how, when and where I can play with my toys!
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!! :angry: sent mine in the other day!! :)

WOW! THAT TOOK ABOUT 1 MINUTE

DAN
Thank you for sending me your comments. Listening to the views of the people I represent in the U.S. Senate is a critical part of my job. I do my best to provide every Ohioan with a prompt response. If you have an urgent matter, please feel free to call any of my offices in Ohio or Washington, DC.

If you have not done so already, please visit my Senate website (http://brown.senate.gov) for comprehensive information about my work in the Senate, as well as constituent services that my office provides and how to get connected with federal programs.

Or, you may be interested in receiving my e-Newsletters to stay connected with what's happening in Congress of importance to Ohio. Sign up for regular updates on the work I am doing in the Senate, and please select a few issues to get newsletter updates on specific topics as subjects arise. Sign-up here: http://brown.senate.gov/newsletter/landing

apparently they get some messages.

dan

Hi! I thought you would be interested in this campaign from the Academy of Model Aeronautics to protect model aviation.

http://amagov.modelaircraft.org/4077/
SENATOR BROWN OF OHIO REPLIED TODAY WITH THIS.

DAN

Subject: Reply from Senator Sherrod Brown

Dear Mr. Kramer:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me on S. 223, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act.

Air travel in the United States should be the safest and most efficient in the world. However, I share your concerns over unnecessary regulations on model airplanes. On February 17, 2011, the Senate approved S. 223 with the inclusion of an amendment that would remove model airplanes from FAA regulation of unmanned aircraft.

As this legislation continues to move through the legislative process, I will be sure to keep your comments in mind. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown

United States Senator

Here is the reply I received-

Dear Mr. Greene:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the possibility of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issuing regulations governing the use of model aircraft.

On February 17, I voted to pass S. 223, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act, which includes a provision protecting model aircraft from FAA regulation provided they are under 55 pounds and used exclusively for recreation or educational purposes. The bill is awaiting consideration in the House of Representatives. As the FAA works to integrate more unmanned aircraft into the National Airspace System, its primary focus will be on safety and security. However, reasonable accommodations can be made for those who wish to participate in a safe recreational activity.

Be assured that I will monitor this situation and keep your views in mind as Congress works on FAA reauthorization. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Senator Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.se...ews/ebriefs.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I got our boiler plate repies back from our congressman.

March 16, 2011

Mrs. Melissa Zuber

105 Timberview Drive

Huntsville, AL 35806-4020

Dear Mrs. Zuber:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views concerning the model airplane exclusion amendment to S. 223, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act of 2011. I welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, on February 17, 2011, the Senate adopted an amendment by Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma to S. 223 to deny the FAA the ability to regulate model airplanes. Specifically, this amendment would ensure that model aircraft flown for recreational, sport, competition, or academic purposes would not be subject to FAA regulation. Model aircraft weighing less than 55 pounds would also not be regulated by the FAA.

The House has not yet considered S. 223 or similar legislation. Please be assured I will keep your views in mind should legislation related to the FAA’s ability to regulate model airplanes come to the floor of the House for a vote.

Please feel free to contact me again in the future. You may wish to visit my website at http://brooks.house.gov/ for additional information about issues and legislation before Congress.

Sincerely,

Mo Brooks

Member of Congress

Back