Velasco Hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Had the opportunity to see for the first time Henry Velasco Scale Boats run,,,, 3 of them to be exact...all of them made the final at this years Winter Nats....Very and i mean Very inpressed with the speed and handling of this hull... Mark Grim made the final but had to catch a plane ...Very smooth running hull...

Henry you have made one hell of a hull,,congradulations....

I'm currently building one of Henry's boats. Everyone who has looked at it was very impressed with the lay up. Several ran at the NAMBA nats and were quick. Thats when I ordered mine and got it a week later. Now thats service. Greg

I'm currently building one of Henry's boats. Everyone who has looked at it was very impressed with the lay up. Several ran at the NAMBA nats and were quick. Thats when I ordered mine and got it a week later. Now thats service. Greg
Thank you very much Mike and Gregg for the kind words

The changes I made in the new hull have worked out better than I thought they would -- Hurry up Gregg and get her done

Henry

Thank you very much Mike and Gregg for the kind words

The changes I made in the new hull have worked out better than I thought they would -- Hurry up Gregg and get her done

Henry
Henry,

The hull I ran in Orlando that Mike is referring to was Perry Walter's Mark N Pak that was originally owned by George Wittman. Don't know what you have changed in your new hull from the old hull but the old one sure wasn't a slouch by any means. It was fun to drive.

Thanks, Al Waters

Al,

The old style hull is what Mark & I set all 6 scale, sport-60, & sport-x records in2-lap & SAW..... AND THE NEW HULL IS BETTER!!!!!!

Don :) :)

Are there an pics around of Henrys hulls?

I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Henry; I've been working on it. I have all the hardware built or purchased and started putting things together. Looks like the paint will be the 75 Weisfield's and that will be in a vynil wrap. Kelly Groul got in to the graffics buisness and if this works out it may be the new way to do scale paint jobs without the paint. Keep you posted Greg

Henry; I've been working on it. I have all the hardware built or purchased and started putting things together. Looks like the paint will be the 75 Weisfield's and that will be in a vynil wrap. Kelly Groul got in to the graffics buisness and if this works out it may be the new way to do scale paint jobs without the paint. Keep you posted Greg
Greg,

I've been curious about getting a boat "painted" like that for quite a while now. Let me know how it goes!

-Jeff

Greg,

I've been curious about getting a boat "painted" like that for quite a while now. Let me know how it goes!

-Jeff
A guy in our club did a tunnel wrap looked awesome and held up good. Not sure how well it will stand up at the center section area to nitro and oil....Mike

I bet big Joe is smiling ear to ear knowing that he has a new hull of yours Henry..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry's boats are awesome! As soon as I get our new .67 1/8th scale engine ready

I'm gonna go Scale racing with my Velasko hull! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hooks camp just retired the old Charlie's Girl hull and will be waving the Charlie's Girl colors on a Velasco Hull. It will make it's debut in 3 weeks at the Grand Prix Classic this year. No matter if it's me or my dad driving... I can't remember a main event that the old girl didn't make it to. Henry's hull is sure to continue the streak.

Hey guys the vinyl wraps will work as long as you have the measurements of the hull pretty exact. When I was dong vehicle wraps we had a set of templates for all makes and models of passenger and commercial vehicles that we coould do the virtual wrap on the puter before we printed it up. I did one boat wrap for a full sized Champ Boat Tunnel and I always wanted to try it for a scale but there are a couple of issues to keep in mind. The inks are UV rated for 3 years uncoated. If you laminate it with a clear vinyl film it doubles the rating but doubles the thickness and makes it difficult to stretch over sharper corners. The automotive clearcoats we use will work just as well with UV but as tear and chemical resistant. The PPG and Sikkens clears flash at a point that is safer for the vinyl and won't wrinkle it.

BTW I have one of Henry's new hulls that is next on my list. Just gotta find time to get at it. Henry I may be calling you and Don for some set-up tips since this will be the first wingless pickle for me.

i have the wrap on my insane hydro aka mt gay rum theme and its on its second year so far excellent durability ,, they took the boat made everything fit and came out awesome...

That's the hot ticket for a wrap is if you can spare the boat for a while so the graphics guy can measure everything out. I did one on a full sized Champ Boat tunnel boat a couple of years back. It's not an issue on our boats but on the full sized boat since we had to do everything in 5' panels...we had to make sure the overlap seams were front to back of the boat since it went all the way down on the non-trips. If the seams went the other way the speed and force of the water would get under them and rip the vinyl wide open. The guy before me found that out the hard way.

Thanks for all the good advice on the wrap. I was kind of dredding a paint job for that boat. Most of the easy ones for that style of hull are already taken up here. There's just a few scale boats up in this neck of the woods.Greg

Back