Velasco hulls and compatible boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholashansen

I just had a couple questions regarding a few hulls and how they relate/work with the Henry Velasco hulls I see alot.

Could anyone provide a list of some sort of the boats that this hull makes generally, perhaps mostly in regards to potential cowling options? My apologies if this is rather a easily researched question, its just I feel like its a little broad for me to narrow down when searching. I tend to get some of the early hulls that lacked any wings mixed up with boats like the Blaster and early turbine Paks. For example, I have seen people use the Velasco hull to make boats that say, arent on Steve Gualtieris SG110H hull kit page on his website, as I inititally assumed they are the same hull in terms of the roster eligibility??

Can the velasco hulls indeed make the blue blaster by simply adding wings and using the correct cowling? same potentially goes for the 80 Pay n Pak?? Also, are these hulls still in production and if so, any info on where I could purchase one?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The easiest way to figure out if a hull will work for more than one boat would be to look at the Newton Marine site, http://www.newtonmarine.com

Many similar boats were lumped into one plan number that will build all of them, meaning Roger only needed to draw one frame and one layout sheet for several and just modify a master color sheet to fit the various paint jobs of the boats in question. As for what is available, someone else will have to answer that one

Isn't a gentleman by the name Brian... Baus or someone of the likes (my apologies on the spelling sir) the individual who was producing them?

Do you know if the 80 Atlas or Pak can be done with a Velasco hull?

I believe Henry sold/traded the molds to Brian Buass? (sp) Some hulls may need the fronts of the sponsons lengthened to meet dimensions on the scale roster, like the older Miss Squire Shop (piston).

Brian Buaas has the molds as well as several other 1/8 scale molds. He is on this forum. My 1/8 scale $ Bill was molded by Brian. It got a little beat up at the NW Scale Championships.

Lohring Miller

lo res $ Bill.jpg

John Borden also acquired the Steve Muck hulls of this style, among others. This is a pic of a 72 Notre Dame I finished over the winter. The hull is CF from John Borden. Note the Pickle fork depth on this had to be lengthened to fit the Master hull roster.

IMG_1544.JPG

At this point, I only have the Velasco 1/8 molds. Let me do a little research tonight and I'll get a list together of the MHR #'s it will build.

John Borden also acquired the Steve Muck hulls of this style, among others. This is a pic of a 72 Notre Dame I finished over the winter. The hull is CF from John Borden. Note the Pickle fork depth on this had to be lengthened to fit the Master hull roster.
dang that is sweet, and in that form, it looks like it could probably make the 1980 Pak, the one that doesnt have any spar/ram bar.

At this point, I only have the Velasco 1/8 molds. Let me do a little research tonight and I'll get a list together of the MHR #'s it will build.
Cool, thanks Brian! Could you possibly PM me with price info and such?

Here are the numbers from the NAMBA master hull roster that I know can be built from the Velasco hull (tip extension required=****)

7402****

7455****

It may build others.

Back