Vegas wing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

I read on here that a lot of guys remove the wing claiming the boat runs better. Has anyone tried to adjust the wing to try and improve the handling of the boat? Seems to me thats what a wing is for.

I did TRY adjusting the wing on my 2 Vegas' with No Luck, had much better performance and handling with the drop in tail weight and tweaking the props. If you want a wing consider replacing it with one that is profiled more like a airplane wing, Flatter on top and convex on the bottom so air travels across the top faster than the bottom creating negative air pressure above the wing providing Lift.

I did TRY adjusting the wing on my 2 Vegas' with No Luck, had much better performance and handling with the drop in tail weight and tweaking the props. If you want a wing consider replacing it with one that is profiled more like a airplane wing, Flatter on top and convex on the bottom so air travels across the top faster than the bottom creating negative air pressure above the wing providing Lift.
Uhmmm, you got your top and your bottom surfaces mixed up there Adam. The wing you described would in theory draw the tail down. Best to leave the tail off and take advantage of the weight loss. IMO.

Uhmmm, you got your top and your bottom surfaces mixed up there Adam. The wing you described would in theory draw the tail down. Best to leave the tail off and take advantage of the weight loss. IMO.
Not legal in D14 wings must be on but can be reversed

Not legal in D14 wings must be on but can be reversed
Mike, do many of the competitors in D14 run the uprights reversed? What is the advantage to reversing? Seems like it would be difficult to put the cowling on with the wing more forward.

Just a couple, I won several races with my boat like that. If the wing creates any lift at all it would be forward the transom thus unloading the prop. My boat is the Version 1 If there is wind or rough water I will wax the competition. Even in smooth water it runs well. Old Aqua 18 much easier to keep in tune imho

The reversed rear wing is purely cosmetic.

I put it backwards just to make the boat look more like the forward swept circus circus boat. I think it turned out well with the stripes and the blue aquacraft sticker really pops on the orange.

If you take the rear wing off, yes it's less weight, but then your boat doesn't look right.

Latest posts

Back