Valdosta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Will,I don't know.

All of my equipment survived the SAWs so I'll get the motor parts ordered this week.

Doug
The Dremel is standing by!

After working my a$$ off I am looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the nice relaxing pace of the Lake Blackshear Grand Prix...

Lamar
WOW, The parts showed up yesterday!!! American RC rocks!!

Everything will be on it's way to you in tomorrows mail.

Thank you sir!!

Excited Gas Boat Rookie :D
I knew you had more than amps running through your blood Doug- Now IF we could only get Ron to try a sip :rolleyes:

Andy

I knew you had more than amps running through your blood Doug- Now IF we could only get Ron to try a sip :rolleyes:
Andy
I was tricked by the Atl. crew Andy. You know the drill, "man that's a great buy, if you don't get it I am". Lots of help and support, yeah, they knew exactly what they were doing. B)

I'll admit it, I'm hooked. :blink:

Doug

Andy
I was tricked by the Atl. crew Andy. You know the drill, "man that's a great buy, if you don't get it I am". Lots of help and support, yeah, they knew exactly what they were doing. B)

Doug

Thats only because it WAS a killer buy.... :p It even runs up front to boot!

acy8gn.jpg

You know you love running it, filling it back up and back out on the water in less then 5 minutes instead of waiting for batterys to charge :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy

Doug
Yep, been down that road- No regrets ;) At least you made it easier on yourself and went gas :p

You gotta start working on Ron with me- he surely doesn't know what he's missing, get that gas wheel in his hands ONE time- he's done ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you love running it, filling it back up and back out on the water in less then 5 minutes instead of waiting for batterys to charge :p
Yeah FE and Gas, the best of both worlds.

Andy, I can't see Ron with a gas boat, haven't you heard, he went Green. :D LOL

Yeah FE and Gas, the best of both worlds.

Andy, I can't see Ron with a gas boat, haven't you heard, he went Green. :D LOL
Andy,

IC takes skill... i'm a plug and play sorta guy :rolleyes:

Ron
Yeah but just think of the killer motor you could have for the price of ONE lipo set. Plug and play my eye , although I think I DID say that somewhere around here before didnt I ?? :rolleyes:

Andy

WOW, The parts showed up yesterday!!! American RC rocks!!Everything will be on it's way to you in tomorrows mail.

Thank you sir!!

Excited Gas Boat Rookie :D
Zac is Da' Man when it comes to replacement Zenoah parts!

The Dremel is ready and waiting!

L

I am very late to this but - fantastic

Excellent to see people who have put the effort into legal setups getting absolutely stunning results!

I am very late to this but - fantastic
Excellent to see people who have put the effort into legal setups getting absolutely stunning results!
Hi Andrew,

not trying to start crap here, just curious what you mean by 'Legal' setups?

Cheers

Kris

Only what it says.

There was a background discussion at one point about whether people might run boats which would be outside the rules, to see how they might do. There was concern it would mean the guys who ran regualtion classes would be overshadowed by results achieved by 'specials'. In the end it didn't happen.

The guys who set records not only ran the regulation classes but also their achievements were mighty and exciting to read about. I am always impressed by the way these guys come back again and again and tweak a little or a lot more out of their hulls.

...There was a background discussion at one point about whether people might run boats which would be outside the rules, to see how they might do. There was concern it would mean the guys who ran regualtion classes would be overshadowed by results achieved by 'specials'...
That did happen in LA last November, but not in Valdosta. I have mixed feelings about that, I suppose what really matters is the safety issue. If the event CD is comfortable with a boat that is a little outside the "legal" restrictions (37 volts nominal), then I guess a guy can run if he pays his fees. But if a guy shows up with a 84" R/C boat running 60 volts - should he be allowed to run too? Just where do you draw the line? That's what the national organization's rules are for.....or so I thought.

Jay

I agree, it is a coin with two sides.

I hope I am not treading on toes but JAGs went halfway round the world just to compete for glory on equal terms and are still out in front by a fair measure. I am sure others will achieve similar things. And then there are people who flip the whole paradigm and go to the other end of the spectrum of what can be done and run 4 cell and the Feigao rocket ship you built and make me wonder if that isnt the more startling performance.

I didnt mean to proselytise, and I am not having a shot at anyone (I loved that big mono of Mark's), so take this as just a response to you; As I sit here thinking it thru, my impression is at the heart of all friendly competition is the integrity of being willing to be measured on the same field as others. Perhaps that way everyone wins, and a few simply set records.

As I sit here thinking it thru, my impression is at the heart of all friendly competition is the integrity of being willing to be measured on the same field as others. Perhaps that way everyone wins, and a few simply set records.
Well said sir, B)

Doug :)

I honestly cannot see the point of setting a boat up that is not legal within the rules of whatever organization you plan to race under.

At Legg Lake we are a NAMBA group and you need NAMBA to even run there. Theoretically 10S is the max power you can run at our Lake.

I honestly cannot see the point of setting a boat up that is not legal within the rules of whatever organization you plan to race under.
I understand the safety arguements... but sometimes, it's just fun to see what is POSSIBLE...

There's no point in owning a car that can do over 70mph either... it's not legal to go faster than that..... but we all have or still do... ;)

But again, my point is that at Legg at least, we are stuck with the NAMBA max of 10S. That is if we want to stay within what insurance will cover.

I go the other way. I think it's cool to see how much performance you can squeeze out of something while working within the existing rules.

Too bad NAMBA or IMPBA does not have a truly "Open" class where you could do whatever you wanted to do.

Too bad NAMBA or IMPBA does not have a truly "Open" class where you could do whatever you wanted to do.
There are some folks out there that can't keep a setup together within the current class structure. I wonder how they'll do with unlimited power. :huh:

One could argue that we have unlimited power now. :)

Doug

But again, my point is that at Legg at least, we are stuck with the NAMBA max of 10S. That is if we want to stay within what insurance will cover...
Then why was Mark able to run 14S through the traps last November? And, he destroyed at least two 40-160s and a big BAM trying.

Speaking about a level playing field, the JAGS team has one huge advantage that we on this side of the pond do not possess - special custom-made ESCs that outperform anything 'we' can get. Does that make it an unfair competition? Absolutely not! BTW, only one serious attempt at besting their top record has been made in recent years, and Tim did a bang up job trying. But a team of four has an advantage over a team of one, especially that team......

Latest posts

Back