Valdosta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Read earlier on another board Chris Harris ran 111 mph (2 way avg) in P-Hydro at Blue Lake today .. VERY STRONG !!!! Great job Chris, tell Ron sorry bout Cap1 . :(

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to Chris this evening. That is really moving for that lake. He said the air brakes worked like a charm. Nothing like obsurdly fast P boats to get peoples attention.

Way to go Chris!!! Pretty cool that too entirely different designs are within a mph of each other.

Congrats to all the drivers, you guys earned it. I've heard lots of serious speeds were laid down. Can't wait to see the complete list.

Dittos on the congrats. It takes a lot of skill to drive boats at those speeds. Well done gents!! Doubly so due to the small lake.

Got word while at the Spring Nats that Doug Smock also reset the P-mono record at over 70mph. Wonder how his Q mono did

Got word while at the Spring Nats that Doug Smock also reset the P-mono record at over 70mph. Wonder how his Q mono did

Doug went home with the P, Q, and S mono records...

unoffical two pass averaged speeds...

P... 73 mph and change, Seaducer FE33 "Trap Shooter"

Q... 73 mph and change, Seaducer FE-38 "Trap Shooter II"

S... 74 mph and change, Seaducer FE38 "Ringer"

Capt'n Ron

From a post on RumRunner by Dan Chase:

Doug Smock took P, Q & S Mono records at 73mph, 77mph and 74mph IIRC Way to go Doug!
Smoking fast!!!

Oops, Ron beat me to it!! Talk about fast!!

In T mono Crowther/Green had a one way pass of 87mph before the boat split in half on the return run!
T mono Crowther/Green 78mph
Like I said, fast!!

Did the water ever calm down? When i heard about it he had just set the P record and said the water was a bit rough. He had the Q mono out testing a couple weeks ago and it was smoking fast... 77mph the average or fast pass?

[quote name 77mph the average or fast pass?

to my knowledge, the averaged speeds were [P, Q, and S mono] [73 mph, 73 mph, and 74 mph] the fast passes i'm not sure of...

he was "Smoke'n"

Ron

Did the water ever calm down? When i heard about it he had just set the P record and said the water was a bit rough. He had the Q mono out testing a couple weeks ago and it was smoking fast... 77mph the average or fast pass?
Thanks guys!!

Capt, I backed up 77mph with my Q boat LATE yesterday. The fast pass was 78 and some change. I wish you had been there to see it.

Seaducer Boats, Neu motors, and Shultze controls, gotta love em!!!

Many thanks to Glenn Quarles, Fuller's Fast Electrics, Rum Runner Racing and Team Flightpower USA!!!!!!!

Man what a ride!!!!

Doug :)

How did N-2 mono go?

I heard Bill Whitlock did awesome down there, took one of me records :D

Congrats Bill! I'd love to see the boat that did it.. must've been an awesome little hydro..

Looks like the books are still right where I want 'em..

I'm planning on Flint this May.. I was at RCX during valdosta

Blue lake is undeniably some of the best water in the country,

Heck I'm jazzed up for everyone who set records down there..

I can't WAIT to compete in IMPBA again..

I've got a couple of heartwarming projects..

I wish I could have made it, but RCX is the one time of year I get to see all my industry buddies..

Some if the best and fastest runs I've had were on that lake.. (not to discred our sacred Legg lake :D )

Read earlier on another board Chris Harris ran 111 mph (2 way avg) in P-Hydro at Blue Lake today .. VERY STRONG !!!! Great job Chris, tell Ron sorry bout Cap1 . :(
Andy
Andy,

with a fast pass of 87.108 mph our Seaducer T-Mono "Capital One" showed us we are on track in trying to match or better Mr. Crowther's 93 mph [1/16th mile] nitro mono mark...

and it sure doesn't hurt that Jerry has been a contributing member of our three year electric Seaducer project since day one at FE-I :)

but when ya crash em at 90 mph... stuff happens

with 18 very well prepared FE competitors in attendance and a bucket load of records falling, FE-IV was my most enjoyable time trials to date in this I.M.P.B.A. all electric series...

thanks to Glenn Quarles, Fuller's Fast Electrics, Rum Runner Racing, and Flight Power USA for a great four days at Blue Lake!

Ron

WAY TO GO DOUG!!!
Congrats on the records!!!

Lamar
Thank you sir!

Congratulations on the success of the Spring Nats.!!!

I wish I could have been there to help out but it sounds like you didn't need me. :( sniff sniff LOL :p

See you at the pond,

WAY TO GO DOUG!!!
Congrats on the records!!!

Lamar
Thank you sir!

Congratulations on the success of the Spring Nats.!!!

I wish I could have been there to help out but it sounds like you didn't need me. :( sniff sniff LOL :p

See you at the pond,

A race aint a race without the Smock camp! You gonna have the cat up and running for the cordele race next month?

Andy
Andy,

with a fast pass of 87.108 mph our Seaducer T-Mono "Capital One" showed us we are on track in trying to match or better Mr. Crowther's 93 mph [1/16th mile] nitro mono mark...

and it sure doesn't hurt that Jerry has been a contributing member of our three year electric Seaducer project since day one at FE-I :)

but when ya crash em at 90 mph... stuff happens

with 18 very well prepared FE competitors in attendance and a bucket load of records falling, FE-IV was my most enjoyable time trials to date in this I.M.P.B.A. all electric series...

thanks to Glenn Quarles, Fuller's Fast Electrics, Rum Runner Racing, and Flight Power USA for a great four days at Blue Lake!

Ron
Sorry I let ya down Ron, sounds like it was a TON of fun. You had better be back- NO MORE LITE LAY- UPS !!!! LOL .

Be good , and congrats- that was one fast F/E Mono- B) Your gonna make Jerry bust 100 just to stay ahead.....

87.108 ;) Bud, THATS hauling the mail for an F/E Mono- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It was almost worth the cost of a hull eh ??

Andy

A race aint a race without the Smock camp! You gonna have the cat up and running for the cordele race next month?
Thanks Will,

I don't know.

All of my equipment survived the SAWs so I'll get the motor parts ordered this week.

Doug

Thank you sir!Congratulations on the success of the Spring Nats.!!!

See you at the pond,

Thanks! It was a LOT of hard work, but the race came off beautifully. The Twin Shootout was absolutely AMAZING!!! It will be hard to top that finish!!!

Everyone in the club pitched in this year and it made a WORLD of difference. Next year we will make certain not to book two events on the same weekend. You have to experience the Spring Nats for yourself to truly understand it!!!

Again, congrats on the records!!!

Lamar

Thanks Will,I don't know.

All of my equipment survived the SAWs so I'll get the motor parts ordered this week.

Doug
The Dremel is standing by!

After working my a$$ off I am looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the nice relaxing pace of the Lake Blackshear Grand Prix...

Lamar

Latest posts

Back