Valdosta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of passes did Reed have?

Did Casey Smock set any records? :D How did N-2 and 0-2 mono go?

I set 5 in the last month.. Well, 4 were 2-lap records..

Sounds like you guys had a blast down there! Way to go guys!

Congradulations on your efforts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

Thanks.

Congrats on your records. ;)

As I recall Casey had passes above the record in both N and O but he couldn't get them backed up. The lake was a mess most of the time.

He has plans to build a better mouse trap and get back out there.

I'm not sure about Ole Reed except in Open SV27 he went 49.9??. Crazy fast for that hull.

It was a blast.

Doug

PS Lamar & Will

The parts are on order! With any luck and Lamar's Dremel tool, I'll be ready for the Grand Prix!! Woo Hoo

Good Doug. If the motor he grinds up for you runs anything like the motor he loaned me for my mono, im gonna have to find a little more speed for my cat :eek:

87.108 ;) Bud, THATS hauling the mail for an F/E Mono- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It was almost worth the cost of a hull eh ??
Andy
you darn skippy it was worth the cost of a bare replacement hull :)

Ron

Ahh, but the next hull may be a little more exotic. OOpps, I wasn't supposed to say that.

Ray

Ahh, but the next hull may be a little more exotic. OOpps, I wasn't supposed to say that.
Ray
not unless exotic means... a standard lay-up SD3 Nitro 42 mono in burnt orange and black :)

the only deviation from std. will be the stringer placement...

weight is no longer an issue with todays electric power options...

Capt'n Ron

Good Doug. If the motor he grinds up for you runs anything like the motor he loaned me for my mono, im gonna have to find a little more speed for my cat :eek:
Let's see.. That was a 3-4 beer motor... I'll try to duplicate the pre-dremel process before I get started on Doug's!!! :p :p :p

Just kidding (maybe)... Thanks for the kind words Will. I was pleasantly surprised with the way your mono ran w/ the "loaner" engine.

For the price we charge you can't beat HUFFRACING engine!

Lamar

Bill,Thanks.

Congrats on your records. ;)

As I recall Casey had passes above the record in both N and O but he couldn't get them backed up. The lake was a mess most of the time.

He has plans to build a better mouse trap and get back out there.

I'm not sure about Ole Reed except in Open SV27 he went 49.9??. Crazy fast for that hull.

It was a blast.

Doug
49 bux and some change? Yikes Reed.. I think you made sv27 history backing up passes like that..

over the record in N-2 and O wow! Bad water is a roll of the dice.. It only makes a guy hungrier :D

Mr. callendar told me I can't attend a SAWS 'til after the nats :( Flint is too soon, I've been away for 3 weekends in a row!!

Sounds like I missed a good one..

Capt'n Ron
Given this, why not lay in a little carbon to beef up the hull?

Weight is no issue (and I agree), then why not take the opportunity to make it stronger?? Seems like a win-win position? What disadvantages have you found to adding CF to make the hulls stronger?

Capt'n Ron
Given this, why not lay in a little carbon to beef up the hull?

Weight is no issue (and I agree), then why not take the opportunity to make it stronger?? Seems like a win-win position? What disadvantages have you found to adding CF to make the hulls stronger?

"Capital One" had carbon fiber in the lay-up [hull and deck] and it broke anyway...

90 mph crashes of 14 to 18 lb. mono's is gonna break something... i speak from experience :)

i will SAW with standard lay-up hulls in the future...

enough money goes into motors, esc's, batteries, etc.

why waste $$$ on exotic lay-ups?

i take great care to design set-ups that don't burn stuff up... i use enough closed cell foam to float what is left from a crash should it occur and salvage the important stuff $$$...

perhaps running riggers at over 90 mph is old hat these days but mono's at over 90 mph is new territory for all but one person i know of and that is Jerry Crowther...

i learned from this experience [don't crash] and i will continue to learn in the future :)

Ron

Kevlar... it's what the well dressed Marine is wearing these day's. B)

Well done, boys!

I guess that takes "bulletproof" to new extremes ;)

The really cool stuff is the carbon/kevlar weaves. And you can get it in colors!!

you do it your way and i'll do it mine, whoop out your plastic and i'll see ya on the other side of 100 mph Bill :)

Capt'n Ron

I guess that takes "bulletproof" to new extremes ;)

The really cool stuff is the carbon/kevlar weaves. And you can get it in colors!!

you do it your way and i'll do it mine, whoop out your plastic and i'll see ya on the other side of 100 mph Bill :)

Capt'n Ron

Im SO glad you have been re-bitten by the "gotta go faster bug" again Ron. Ought to be some interesting competition to see who's first over 100 with a Mono- Keep up the good work B)

PS-Build 2 of em - lol. Backup ya know :rolleyes:

Andy

Your right Andy. When your hobby is" balancing eggs on shoestrings" (Ray Fuller), you're gonna break a few. :D LOL

Doug

A 100mph electric mono, hmmmmm

Thanks Will,I don't know.

All of my equipment survived the SAWs so I'll get the motor parts ordered this week.

Doug
The Dremel is standing by!

After working my tail off I am looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the nice relaxing pace of the Lake Blackshear Grand Prix...

Lamar
WOW, The parts showed up yesterday!!! American RC rocks!!

Everything will be on it's way to you in tomorrows mail.

Thank you sir!!

Excited Gas Boat Rookie :D

Latest posts

Back