Vac 45 sets new SAW record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, Andy

Mostly blow out again,

John Finch did get 99mph gas rigger record(i think this is right) dont know full details.

I'm sure Kp or someone will post full results. Congrats to all

here is a video of KP's pass 114.79mph,

Aaron do you recall the head volume? or if it got changed from stk size? I`am working on a new VAC 45 Engine.

Thanks Guys! Big Thanks to Aaron for letting me borrow his engine and props.

The CMB seems to be a great engine, I made 11 passes and never took a plug out and when the engine was checked it looked perfect no hot spots.

I was running 65% nitro with 12% Klotzs, Odonnell OD9 plug, AB 45 nitro pipe at 8 inches and a Steve Sutton 2160 prop with 5.4 pitch 58 mm to set the record.

Switched to Aarons largest prop went 114.7 no problem. I was having a problem turning the boat around added more rudder throw. This solved the problem.

However; It was getting dark and the wind blew the next 2 days. Always next time...I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentley,

That was AWESOME SPEED and AMAZING RPM at 32,000.

Nice Job Well Done,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Guys! Big Thanks to Aaron for letting me borrow his engine and props.

The CMB seems to be a great engine, I made 11 passes and never took a plug out and when the engine was checked it looked perfect no hot spots.

I was running 65% nitro with 12% Klotzs, Odonnell OD9 plug, AB 45 nitro pipe at 8 inches and a Steve Sutton 2160 prop with 5.4 pitch 58 mm to set the record.

Switched to Aarons largest prop went 114.7 no problem. I was having a problem turning the boat around added more rudder throw. This solved the problem.

However; It was getting dark and the wind blew the next 2 days. Always next time...I hope.

Congratulations Mr. Porter!!!!!!!

Doug

Back