USPS shipping claim

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Has anyone tried to do this lately?

I took the damaged cowl to the local post office along with the box that had about a 5" hole punched in it and was told that all claims had to be done online??? They did not even look at the damage or the box. So I guess the burden of proof must be provided online by me with repair or replacement, paint and graphics costs.

Am I peeved? Yes. Now I need to contact the seller and get info for graphics, paint codes and other details. And if the claim is not done in 2 weeks it will be dropped and will need to be reopened.

Sorry about the rant.

The PO is making it a pain Roy, I'm just going to stop drill the crack and run it. Had a chat with Len about it the other night. The boat has it's first scar- so that is out of the way
default_laugh.png
. Stay warm up in Maine.

The few times I've shipped a boat I made a box out of door skins and used 2" foam inside to keep the hull secure ..But that sucks . Best to just repair it and have some fun running it..I shipped 4 0f them up here ..No Damage..

I won't ship anything by USPS!! Go UPS or FEDEX if you want it to get there unharmed?? I know I have seen the videos where they just chuck stuff over the fence.. But trying to collect from the Government is USELESS!!! They are happy to take your money but they ain't gonna give none back!!!

Later!!

Pat

We ship USPS regularly and almost never have any problem with damage...BUT!!!!!>>>GOOD LUCK with the USPS insurance!!!!!

We have figured out that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to make a CLAIM for an International shipment....even though they GLADLY take your "INSURANCE MONEY".

You can yell and scream and follow all of the wild goose chases they will send you on, but nothing will ever happen!

This is RECENT. In the "GOOD OLE DAYS" making any kind of claim was no problem!

We ship USPS regularly and almost never have any problem with damage...BUT!!!!!>>>GOOD LUCK with the USPS insurance!!!!!

We have figured out that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to make a CLAIM for an International shipment....even though they GLADLY take your "INSURANCE MONEY".

You can yell and scream and follow all of the wild goose chases they will send you on, but nothing will ever happen!

This is RECENT. In the "GOOD OLE DAYS" making any kind of claim was no problem!
I have found UPS subs all Lost or Damaged claimes thru another company. Not UPS.........

Last edited by a moderator:
I got tired of trying to jump thru all the "Hoops" online and just repaired the cowl myself with epoxy and a couple thin layers of glass cloth on the inside. The crack was stop drilled and filled with the epoxy. Barely noticeable. Just irritating It was sent the most expensive way known to man and the insurance was worth NOTHING.

And I did not even get a invitation.
default_mad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back