Unbelievable--almost

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael winter

I build scale boats along with my hydros, and some time back bought a offshore tug kit from a company in Germany. They make some really fine plastic components and in July, I ordered some small parts. I wrote the company last week as I had not received the parts yet. This is the reply I got this morning:

Dear Mr. Winter,

I had to go to customs and take your package back to Stralsund receiving Yesterday, it was not allowed into the country by the American customs because supposedly unable to adequately describe. It's only model components and no bombs.

What should das.?

I have everything packed and new drangemacht a customs declaration with sufficient description.

I send it on Monday

I order a lot from Germany and the UK as the selection is much better that here, and have never had this happen. All the customs declarations are marked 'model boat parts'. Guess I'm on the watch list now.lol

Funny thing is I ordered from 2 companies in Germany at the same time, and got the first order in 10 days.

Michael

parts 095.jpg

That is quite possible, however, the order I did receive was only marked 'modeling accessories' and the post office was somewhat surprised it got through customs. Seems they want a more 'detailed' description. I will say that there has always been a bit of a language barrier with this one company, but I have never had a shipment take this long. Wouldn't be surprised to have a visit from DHS. LOL

I ship a lot overseas and I always label them as "toy boat parts". Doesn't matter what the part is. Knock on wood, no issues yet.

as a guy receiving in bermuda it has become simpler to call them "toy boat parts" .for some reason the undereducated-over trained customs officers dont comprehend "model boat"

cant tell u how many problems we guys here used to have receiving our stuff. funny thing is when its a boat and the box is open and they lookin at it n still cant understand what it is. i dont get it.

had a problem long time ago when i got an engine n the woman was there like "i dont see how this can b an engine for a boat are u sure ur not makin that up?" after 10 mins of trying to explain what it was for and her repeatedly saying " i dont see how this powers a boat....." a guy came in from driving the mail truck n says "jus put it under toys...its for a toy boat" and all was well.....wtf?? lol

Back