U-21 Unlimited Hydroplane 2007

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is seriously AWSOME!!!

Im scared to say this but whats that thing worth?? Better question whats the engine worth?? :huh:

Wow post some shots of it running!! :p :p

Mike, How did you know Thursday is my day off? I will be there with bells on. My old man is calling your camp to get some more details about time and place on the lake. You guys gunna have a crane?

Its been a pleasure watching this boat be built, Thank You. Please post pics or vids of it in action.

Thanks Again,

Paul

WOW It reminds me of when I was a kid at the drag races and wondered how they could put something together like that.Good luck on the run. JWB

The colors are a little off in the pics. For the dark color I mixed 50% House Of Kolors

Vibrant purple pearl with HOK Bright blue pearl. We sent the sample to Endura paint in Canada,

they matched it and sent the formula to Endura paints here to mix it for me. The color is

"Mike's Purple Sapphire pearl metallic". Although there is no metallic in it. It has 200 grams

of pearl per gallon, consisting of violet, blue, red, purple and bright blue pearl. The yellow

is Endura Neon Yellow. The orange is Endura Florescent Neon Orange. On the left side

there is purple between the orange and yellow, and on the right side there is florescent

neon green between the orange and yellow. New pictures should be posted tonight or

tomorrow. As for the cost to build an Unlimited. I'm not sure, Kevin's to afraid to add up the

total of all the invoices and receipts. ;) ;) :unsure: I'm guessing it's well over $350,000.00.

Adam,

We plan to launch it with a Big Reach Forklift, Kevin has a Rental yard a few miles from

Lake Elsinore.

I think $350,000 is being conservative. On the flip side, it also depends on what was able to be used from the damaged hull. If the gearbox, drive system and such wasn't damaged(which is unlikely), it could have brought the price down.

The colors are a little off in the pics. For the dark color I mixed 50% House Of KolorsVibrant purple pearl with HOK Bright blue pearl. We sent the sample to Endura paint in Canada,

they matched it and sent the formula to Endura paints here to mix it for me. The color is

"Mike's Purple Sapphire pearl metallic". Although there is no metallic in it. It has 200 grams

of pearl per gallon, consisting of violet, blue, red, purple and bright blue pearl. The yellow

is Endura Neon Yellow. The orange is Endura Florescent Neon Orange. On the left side

there is purple between the orange and yellow, and on the right side there is florescent

neon green between the orange and yellow. New pictures should be posted tonight or

tomorrow. As for the cost to build an Unlimited. I'm not sure, Kevin's to afraid to add up the

total of all the invoices and receipts. ;) ;) :unsure: I'm guessing it's well over $350,000.00.

Adam,

We plan to launch it with a Big Reach Forklift, Kevin has a Rental yard a few miles from

Lake Elsinore.
Interesting you're using Endura, been using it myself on everything for 20 years or more. Do many of the U/L teams use it? What do you think of it?

Terry,

The first time I used Endura was last year on the Black and Gold U-21

that burned. Since then I used it on the UL-8 and now on the new U-21.

I have have also switched to Endura for all my R/C boats: 1/8th Scale,

Sport 40-2, Eagle 60sgx and another outrigger. The High build primer

HS-421 is great and sands like butter. I use the Intermix Epoxy primer for the

final prime before paint. For the finish I use the EX-2C low-voc paint with the

EX-2C Clear as the final topcoat. Their clear is the strongest stuff I've ever

seen, practically bulletproof. I like to thin it a bit and it flows out as good

or better than most other paints I've used. I use my airbrush on my R/C

boats and it goes on like glass. Too much of the accelerator will kill the gloss

though. ;) :angry: :angry: I've never tried buffing it out, because I've

never had too. :rolleyes:

Terry,The first time I used Endura was last year on the Black and Gold U-21

that burned. Since then I used it on the UL-8 and now on the new U-21.

I have have also switched to Endura for all my R/C boats: 1/8th Scale,

Sport 40-2, Eagle 60sgx and another outrigger. The High build primer

HS-421 is great and sands like butter. I use the Intermix Epoxy primer for the

final prime before paint. For the finish I use the EX-2C low-voc paint with the

EX-2C Clear as the final topcoat. Their clear is the strongest stuff I've ever

seen, practically bulletproof. I like to thin it a bit and it flows out as good

or better than most other paints I've used. I use my airbrush on my R/C

boats and it goes on like glass. Too much of the accelerator will kill the gloss

though. ;) :angry: :angry: I've never tried buffing it out, because I've

never had too. :rolleyes:
Glad 'm not the only one that thinks it's amazing stuff, thanks!

Back