TX 45 and Rossi 7.5 cc OB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry Meek

Dear friends,

I am very interested in the Hyperformance TX 45 Tunnel hull in combination with the Rossi 7.5 cc OB. As this product is not availible in the netherlands I ask you guys you opinion about this model. I am stll looking for a substuitude for my 7.5 cc K&B OB!

Please let me know. Your tips and support are welcom.

Thanks!!

regards

Harry Meek

Hoevelaken

The Netherlands

I would try and get a Nelson from Henry Nelson if he still sell's them. I have had mine for over 10 years and still run's real strong.

Nelson .45 is a great engine a much better engine out of the box than the Rossi you will have to mod the Rossi to get to run.I run a nelson my self and love it .Also if i had the money i would buy a Vision i have heard good things about them. When i was thinking if getting a new .45 hull to replace my Lee Craft the Vision was the first to come up .

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell ya we have run our rossi for many many years and they are super dependable with out modding them it just takes a good hard year of racing to break them in. you will have to mod that nelson to get good speed out of it. gabe can hook you up with a super fast rossi.. and yeah that vision is a relly nice boat but so are the htb's and the shamans we finally have a little bit to choose from as far as 7.5 tunnel class.

I tell ya we have run our rossi for many many years and they are super dependable with out modding them it just takes a good hard year of racing to break them in. you will have to mod that nelson to get good speed out of it. gabe can hook you up with a super fast rossi.. and yeah that vision is a relly nice boat but so are the htb's and the shamans we finally have a little bit to choose from as far as 7.5 tunnel class.

does any body have some feed back for the tx 45 hull from hyperformance? how about the 21 tx also? thanks rick l.

I don"t have experience with the tx 45 tunnel hull, but the vision tunnel is really good.

Harry if you want i can show you my vision tunnel think it is the only one here in the Netherlands

I live in Enschede :)

Martin

I don"t have experience with the tx 45 tunnel hull, but the vision tunnel is really good.

Harry if you want i can show you my vision tunnel think it is the only one here in the Netherlands

I live in Enschede :)

Martin

Martin.

Please send me some pictures. I would like to know how it looks like.

regards

Harry

NO offence to Vision but the Shaman and HTB360 have won more championships and still winning them as we speak then Vision 7.5 tunnel..

you cant go wrong with Shaman boat build by Ron Drake and Randy Premo or a Mark Hopper HTB 360 and if you wait you can get the Warhead also made by Ron Drake and Randy Premo..

My 2 cents the championship numbers dont lie....

julian

Harry, you can go to the manufactures page and look under the Vision Craft Boats thread and see different pics of the 40 and the 20 boat.

really come to the world tunnel champs you will see HTB 360, Lynx and Shaman Maybe (warhead) on top ;)

thats all ill say about that good luck buddy.

HTB 360 IMPBA US 1 WINNER 02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10

thats only HTB i dont see leecraft anywhere thats a Fact....

Julian

really come to the world tunnel champs you will see Lynx and Shaman Maybe (warhead) on top ;)

thats all ill say about that good luck buddy.

HTB 360 IMPBA US 1 WINNER 02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10

thats only HTB i dont see leecraft anywhere thats a Fact....

Julian
WOW SORRY !!!!!!!

I did not say any thing bad about Hopper boats , Sharman,Lynx or any of them they are all great boats .All i said was the Lee Craft is a race proven hull also .

I race in NAMBA and the Lee Craft has more top 3 finishes in 7.5 B stock and in 7.5 B Mod than the HTB360,Sharman,Hornet,and the Warhead at the NAMBA Nats from 1999 to 2010 and thats a fact.......

Chris

Back to what was asked ....I dont know how good the TX45 is.But there is some good hulls out there for the same price .

Not to get in the middle of a pissin contest but heres the skinny:

In the east Warhead, Shaman, Hornet and HTB are the boats being ran.

In the west its mostly Leecraft

The one time I know that the East met West in 40 Tunnel was at the 06 NAMBA Nats, here are the results:

B MOD TUNNEL

Position: 1

STEVE HEARL

1425 Points Radio: AIRTRONICS

Boat: WARHEAD

Engine: NELSON Prop: 4760

Fuel: TECHNOLOGY

Position: 2

RON BYRD

1225 Points Radio: FUTABA

Boat: HORNET

Engine: K&B Prop: 235

Position: 3

TONY ATWELL

1225 Points Radio: FUTABA

Boat: HTB

Engine: ROSSI Prop: 235

Leecraft was there but didnt place in Mod Tunnel, however in OPC they took 1st and 2nd and were the only two boats in the class as OPC is not popular here in the east.

Keep in mind Vision did not have a 40 on the market at that time that I am aware of. They are all good boats but I do believe those in the East are better than those in the west.

I would go with the Shaman, Warhead or Vision although the Hornet was a good one I do believe they are close to unobtaunium.

that was an example chris but i have to agree with Ron. Tunnel on the east are better than the west.. there all capable boats my friend but if i would reccomend a boat 40 tunnel i would have to go with the ones that have won the most Shaman,warhead, HTB, Lynx, hornet, Vision..

thats just my personal opinion and i dont mean to offend anyone..

Julian

Unfortunately the NAMBA nationals don't reflect a good cross section of tunnels today as it is pretty much a west coast race. The 2006 token Florida nationals was loaded with local boats and competition. Last year in Louisiana the classes barely made 3 boats. The west coast however has some excellent tunnel racers but it is just a matter of logistics and travel coast to coast is not practical. Charleston Worlds have the largest cross sectiomn of competition, but is is still an east of the Mississippi race. Maybe Dunny can get a bus and bring some of the west coast prominants one year. Chris Wittrig probably would have the best opinion on east vs west as he has run both.

I have not seen the TX45 run anywhere but it is availiable in the Hyperformance line up. Lee Crafts run well as do many other proven 45 hulls. Most know I am vested in 45 tunnels and go to a lot of major races. If I did not build my own hulls I would have a boat built by Shawn Junker or Ron Drake. Actually I have both. Which is best really depends on who is setting up and driving each boat. Many good racers can win with any good hull. Opinions here are valid and buying a proven hull that is winning races is advisable. No one has responded good or bad on the TX45 in question. Does not make it a bad hull but leaves the question of why it is not represented in todays racing.

Mc

thanks for the feed back on the (tx45 & 20) the boats look nice in pics form on hyperformance site, i wonder if we are missing somthing here i have to many projects to find out! thanks rick l.

Hey, why is everyone diss'ing the Prather Lap Cap!!! Everyone knows it is the number one selling hull on eBay (like Ford 150s)!!! :) heeeeee heeeeee. And, what is amazing is they still sell every week for $150 plus! There must be an endless supply of them too. Anyone know how many of those were made and sold? JB

Back