• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two Purple Head CMB .45 engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Wellman

Here's the story on these. I picked up a PT Sport 40 and needed a good engine. I saw two purple head CMB 45s for $300 + shipping here on intlwaters.com. I arranged to purchase the engines from the seller, both were suppose to be in great running shape. After receiving them, I found out that was not the case at all. I've got them apart and have decided to sell them to just be done with this. I know I'm going to take a loss on these.

Here is what you'll get:

One engine that should run okay with new bearings

One engine for parts that needs at least a piston/sleeve and bearings

The engines come with flywheels, collets and headers.

Price $150 shipped

I accept paypal

I would be happy to get you pics - just PM me

I could also bring them to some of the upcoming D4 races.

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Post a pic of the back of the case where the carb is.

If it is the right eng I would be interested in one.

David

If they're purple heads they SHOULD be either purple head CAMs or EVO 2s. HR was a redhead unless they had an early run with purple heads, but as far as I know they did not.

Post a pic of the back of the case where the carb is.

If it is the right eng I would be interested in one.

David
Stand in line :p If its what WE want- I will work it out with ya Dave , buy it all and we will work it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...here you go picture of one of the engines. Both engines are this "version" whatever that might be.

cmb engine 2.jpg

It's an HR, I have the Red head version of the HR with the Angled intake. But prior to that there was this one with single piece crank and horizontal carb, same(ish) flywheel to what's on the red head HR.

The CAM/Evo2 version has the thin low profile flywheel and two piece crank with one bearing on the induction side, and the other bearing on the flywheel side.

Back