Twin SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Allan, thanks for the props. I'll have to start looking for some props. I only got a twin 1667 set i bought a few years ago but don't know how much cup it has. Are 1667's too large?
Yes the 1667's too large need cut 64.5mm to 65mm. the ABC H-48 perfect match 64mm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

I have them on order from ABC.

Less cup and the 1667's will pull just fine.

Thanks,

Mark

So Paul how did your rigger fare over the summer the video sounds like 2 or 3 clicks down and set the pipes at 11 5/8" mabe 11 1/2" with some slight porting and here comes the 90s. My twin is doing low to mid 90s with a set of Andy Brown 1667 w/6"cup I want a set of 1667 w/6.4" cup and s set of 2170s should be close to or over 100mph.

Hi Charles,

Actually I didn't get far with testing this summer. I finally made some small adjustments to the rigger a few weeks back and I still have to look for props. Just became a father and that takes a lot of time. I'll keep you updated when I'll test again. Yours looks great, good luck testing and getting the 100 mph mark.

Paul,

Congratulations on becoming a father.

I have H-48's in stock whenever you need them.

Happy Holidays To You And Your Family,

Mark Sholund

Paul also from me congrats with becoming a father. You're always full of surprise's don't you.

Paul,

Congratulations on becoming a father.

I have H-48's in stock whenever you need them.

Happy Holidays To You And Your Family,

Mark Sholund
Mark, how much would a pair of H48's cost?

Last year i bought an unbuilt twin SGX from a guy in the Netherlands. Only thing he did was some carbon fibre in the engine and fueltank bay. From Jon Thibodeau i bought 2 new Mac84, so now i can finally start building. Will probably need some help, they don't run twins overhere.This is how i got it:
Resize_of_P1000590.JPG
2 Mac84's:
s.jpg
I started with the mounts. Unfortunately because the guy put in the carbon fibre, i can't see the holes for the enginemounts in the middle. The mounts came numbered, i assume the order is 1 - 4 from left to right? That will give me some idea where to find the holes.
mounts1.jpg
Thanks,
. Looking at the pictures of your Mac 84's I see you have two engines out of different lots. Look closely at the crankcase in between the flywheel and the front of the transfer port, you will see the engine's case on the right does not step down, it stays the same all the way out. This was done because some crankcases were cracking on the 84's. Depending on which batch the left engine came out of it might have different porting, than the one on the right. Check this out ASAP. First make sure the transfer ports are the same size, and make sure the case is not blocking the transfer ports, there was a batch that came out like that also.

Thanks Jeff, you have good eyes! I never checked them and assumed to be the same. Also didn't know there where different versions.

Next time I'm at the shop I'll have a look and let you know.

Also have another rigger with a single MAC84 in it, will also check that one, although that one is used, so I assume that one will be ok.

Its not pretty when the case lets go I had one do it to me last summer and it was a total loss. If you are going to run it as soon as you see the smallest crack stop using it. I didn't and I could have saved a lot of good parts you should be able to get a block from someone here . Before it blew the front off it was movin!!!!!!

Charles, unfortunately not much has changed. Haven't done much boating lately, I even still have to check the porting of the engines to be the same. When I finally get something done I'll post some results.

Latest posts

Back