Turnigy 5000mAh 4s lipo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have had fair results with them... they dont put out out near what a thunder power does but they do work pretty good. be careful because the burst is not double the constant. 30-40c, 40-50c not like thunder power where 30c is 60c burst and 40c - 80c ect.....

with lower burst high amp draws will puff them but in a spec set-up or high capacity they are good (i used them 4s-2p for 10,000 mah on high draw sep-ups such as 1515 1y's with big props)

I have a few of the 4S 35C Turnigys. So far they appear to perform just as well as my 30C Polyquest and come in cooler. Time will tell if they hold up. I do plan on getting a few of the 40C's.

I own a ton of Zippy Flightmax packs, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

3-5000mah 4 cell 30c's

7-5000mah 4 cell 40'cs

4-5000mah 5 cell 30c's

2-5800mah 5 cell 30c's

and ordered my first Turnigy 5000mah 4cell 40c today.

I love the Zippys, and I think the Turnigy is suppose to be a little nicer. We will see! Mike

Just recevied 4 new Turnigy 4S 5000mah packs, two first was ok, next had two dead cells and the last had one dead cell. Impossible to wake`em up.

Trying to save money turned out to be a big waste. Hyperion rocks!!

send them back. i had that happen once and was no problem returning it. it cost me about $10 shipping...

i ordered 3 or the 40c's today, at $60 you can use and abuse them without worring about trashing them...

I use a pair of 4S/5000/30c in my P-mono and and plan on getting a pair of the 40c soon.

The price of the Turnigy's are nice but the shipping and the customer service are the problem for me. I was going to order two 30c 3s5000 packs for my hull yesterday at $50 per pack and $40 EMS shipping praying that both the packs would be good. I decided to spend $60 more and get two Hyperion G3 3s6500mah 35C packs that I know will be good and can also be easily returned if there is a problem. I was going to go all Turnigy packs this season but only if there is a big enough price difffernce to make it worth my while and I just don't think there is at this point. Have you guys checked out Hobbypartz.com, they are supposed to sell BLUE lipo's which are said to be just rebadged Turnigy Lipo's. The company is here in the US and shipping is cheap too.

i checked out hobbyparts.com here is what i found:

5000mah 40c 4s ordering one pack at a time

hobbypartz = $65.00 + $4.95 shipping + $1.99 for 5.5 bullets= $71.94 out of stock! restock in 1-3 weeks.

hobbyking = $64.71 + airmail $14.99 = $79.70 over 100 in stock

one difference is that i have to change the connectors on the blue cells as where turnigys come with 5.5mm bullets.

there is a $7.76 difference in price but they have them. the more packs you order the cheaper the shipping is. EMS shipping is $10.96 more and needs to be used when multiple packs are ordered due to the weight. i also could not find the connectors i use at hobbypartz (they only had 3.5mm and they were out of stock too) so this is asuming i have them or i would need to get them somewhere else and pay shipping on them also.

i looked at the batteries and the turnigy and "blue" are not the same.....

turnigy:

Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh

Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8v / 4Cell

Constant Discharge: 40C

Peak Discharge (10sec): 50C

Pack Weight: 578g

Pack Size: 149 x 49 x 37mm

Charge Plug: JST-XH

Discharge plug: 5.5mm Bullet connector

blue:

Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh

Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8v / 4Cell

Constant Discharge: 40C

Peak Discharge (10sec): 80C

Pack Weight: 529g

Pack Size: 138 x 45 x 46mm

Charge Plug: JST-XH

just the fact that the peak is 80c on the blue makes them a better quality cell. i just ordered 3 turnigys but will no doubt keep my eyes open for the blues to be in stock and will grab a few to test.

also note that the support on the turnigys is not bad. between rhino, flightmax, zippy and turnigy (all really the same) i have ordered over 50 packs in all sizes and only had 1 arive with a dead cell. i didnt find out it was bad for over a month when i charged it for the first time. i sent it back for $10 and within 2 weeks had a new one. no questions asked.... i have also returned esc's to hobbyking with no problems.

conclusion: i cant wait to try the blue cells from hobbypartz (yes i have to wait 2-4 weeks) but i have no problem with the slightly higher price of batteries in stock that i can have ready to use in a week. also keep in mind that this is retail from hobbyking and you get a discount after ordering with them. my price of the pack is actually lower than listed and i get an additional 1% credit per order.

also note that i have never had EMS shipping cost $40 from hobbyking and i am in hawaii where shipping cost is high. the 30c 5000 3s was

flightmax $34.26, turnigy $39.99 so the above figures are a little off.

Last edited by a moderator:
hoobbyking.com offers replacement and also checks battery before shipping

highly recomend my friends in HK only bad thing is that they race 2 cell sp setups.

friendly run at one of there meets turned into a why are we not running 10s 1p in a rigger the same size

my mono geared twin 6s 1p eash motor 150a etti esc's on neu castle 1515 2200kv 33in mono blew there mind.

100,000 rpm at the prop video coming soon just waiting for flat water.

at the race meet i was worried about impressing them

Guys,

I have been running 4 Turnigy 5000 mAh 30C cells in 10s2P confifuration in my Aeromarine Stingray at races for the last 9 months or so.

Initially I had one pack severely out of balance, but working with it and cycling the packs slowly, not over stressing them per run during the first few runs seems to have been very helpful. Now after three or four races the packs are pretty well balanced and seem to stay that way. the one pack with the weak cell doens need to be checked and balanced occasionally to keep it in good running order.

The service I received from Hobby King in HK was not so good though, with many questions and asking me to reweigh the order and take and send pictures to help them sort out the discrepancies in my order. Took me over 6 weeks to get my order corrected and recieve what I ordered. If your patient and have the time to dicker with them you can get a good deal.

Wherew do you find the Female JST-XH - Male Polyquest for 4S? they have 2, 3, 5 and 6S..........

I just want to make sure I know what your asking for. You want the balancing tap that hooks up between a polyquest lipo pack and charger. Is that correct?

If so, what charger.

Latest posts

Back