Lipo Batteries

Discussion in 'Fast Electric Forum' started by sport hydro, Nov 21, 2018.

intlwaters.com

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Tags:
  1. Nov 21, 2018 #1

sport hydro

sport hydro

sport hydro

I am putting together a scale and am looking at different batteries. I found the following on Amazon and would like to know if they would work. I am not wanting to break any records, just run for fun for now.

HRB 4S Lipo Battery 14.8V 5000mah 50C

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Nov 21, 2018 #2

sailr

sailr

sailr

first of all, I don't see a link in your post. I HIGHLY recommend lipos from www.roaringtopusa.com . I have been using lipos since 2004 and have used numerous different brands. The lipos from roaring top are superior to any I have ever used. They are reasonably priced and their  shipping is fast. They have a warehouse in the USA. I don't work for them or have any other interest in them except to say how much I and my friends like them.

3. Nov 21, 2018 #3

RaceMechaniX

RaceMechaniX

RaceMechaniX

Don't buy batteries from Amazon.  There are several really good sellers here with competitive pricing that meet the needs of model boats not necessarily what the general guy wanting to buy batteries for other RC vehicles.

Bob Zola of Mojo Racing has Graphene cells.  https://www.mojoracingproducts.com/

Mark Ferreira of Dinogy Lipos sells Graphene cells.  https://www.dinogylipos.com/

Both Mark and Bob sell the same batteries with different labels.  Both great guys to work with.  They can also build special packs for you like a long 8S pack that can fit under a deck in a scale boat.  

Roaring Top USA are also excellent cells.  http://www.roaringtopusa.com/

The Hobbyking Graphene cells are probably the best bang for the buck.  Either the 65C or the new Panther 70C are excellent cells.

The HK Heavy Duty packs are also great for sport boating.

4. Nov 21, 2018 #4

sport hydro

sport hydro

sport hydro

Thanks. I was just looking. I will be going with the Roaring top 4S 5500mah 70C.

5. Nov 21, 2018 #5

RaceMechaniX

RaceMechaniX

RaceMechaniX

Good choice. 

6. Nov 21, 2018 #6

raptor347

raptor347

raptor347

If you plan to race in  NAMBA, remember that anything labelled over 65C is illegal under th new rule set. Check with your local  clubs to see if they are enforcing that rule.

7. Nov 22, 2018 #7

Bill Brandt

Bill Brandt

Bill Brandt

In the Northwest RC Unlimiteds we are looking at adjusting the maximum on C ratings because we follow what the industry is doing. If we do this and run that way at least a year we may look at proposing an adjustment to the Namba rule.  However, as we read things we must run our new proposal for a year before asking Namba for a vote. 

8. Nov 22, 2018 #8

LohringMiller

LohringMiller

LohringMiller

I also see that the maximum capacity is 6000 mah.  These limits only apply to NAMBA 1/8 scale electrics, not all classes.

Lohring Miller

9. Dec 14, 2018 #9

Rokieboater

Rokieboater

Rokieboater

65c rating limit is NOT for all of NAMBA classes. It is only for the NAMBA 1/8 scale electric class.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018