• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Turn key 45 crapshooter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

Selling turn key 45 Crapshooter. CMB V5 with a Zoom Carb and AA parabolic pipe.
$2000.00 USD plus shipping
Pay Pal is okay

Bought this boat from Paul Striton. I never ran the boat so I’m selling. Price is firm..

Attachments

• C80E52AB-6EA6-4E1C-BC9A-951E2C0B50F7.jpeg
    C80E52AB-6EA6-4E1C-BC9A-951E2C0B50F7.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 4
  • D94D1C0B-CB31-4113-83FE-C6DDA9619FA0.jpeg
    D94D1C0B-CB31-4113-83FE-C6DDA9619FA0.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 0
  • 73F5285A-CCC3-4708-A1BB-72005224DFBE.jpeg
    73F5285A-CCC3-4708-A1BB-72005224DFBE.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AC6FA073-F722-4EE1-8DD8-506330B3A6E1.jpeg
    AC6FA073-F722-4EE1-8DD8-506330B3A6E1.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
  • E8DDDF64-2CBC-4ECA-B1BB-050AE5C701A9.jpeg
    E8DDDF64-2CBC-4ECA-B1BB-050AE5C701A9.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 9C061FD0-1033-473A-BDE4-A766A0D67098.jpeg
    9C061FD0-1033-473A-BDE4-A766A0D67098.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Maybe because it's 2 grand ?

I've seen RTR twins listed for a few hundred bucks more lately...
$2000?....if that were the case, how is the $2500 for an unpowered 45 Crapshooter sold here recently for, in very short order, explained?....a brand new one, w/hardware, is in the $1300-$1500 range, if you're in the builders favor enough to get one.

Last edited:
Don't think you saw a Crapshooter with a V5 for a few hundred dollars. Seems like a fair asking price for the boat. Yes Black is not a great heat racing color.
Please read the comments with more clarity here ....nobody even remotely mentioned a 'Crapshooter with a V5 for a few hundred dollars'....Frank referred to a TWIN Crapshooter listed for a 'few hundred bucks MORE'.

Comprehension is everything.

Spank......spank........spank... :)
Nah, it's not like that....I'm just fed up with the state of this nation, all due to wreckless attitudes and people who think they just have to be heard....it's nothing personal, but this hobby is rife with it.

None of the **** comments had anything to do with my first query.

I saw the boat had been for sale for quite a while with zero inquiries. Seemed strange to me.

Yes, a black rigger conked out in the back chute during a heat race is a sitting duck....but, for a serious boater, a new paint job over the winter is a piece of cake.

IMO, Crapshooter's are just another toy boat, albeit marketed in a crafty fashion. How can a USED race boat cost as much, if not more, than a new one?....that's akin to buying a used firecracker with half a fuse!.... it's not the boat that wins races, it's the driver.

Maybe that's why people who are highly experienced, race every weekend, and travel great distances to race appear to be the only one's who are able to get new ones.
It is what it is.

^^^ Just playing for a chuckle Tim. Yeah for sure on the great "Crapshooter Myth". And I ran 'em back in the day, great boats - still have a couple and a few Harold Broussard "derivatives". But to quote another boater at a race in St. Louis back in June 2001. Open water test & tune time Saturday morning - Stu Barr had an OS 80 powered black Crapshooter out on the course and it was screaming - I mean dialed in to perfection, the motor climbed the hill all way down the straights - turned like it was on a tether. A younger boater that traveled to the race with Bob and I commented on how well the "Crapshooters" ran and Bob Finn immediately corrected him "It's the man, not the boat"......couldn't be more true.

Last edited:
^^^ Just playing for a chuckle Tim. Yeah for sure on the great "Crapshooter Myth". And I ran 'em back in the day, great boats - still have a couple and a few Harold Broussard "derivatives". But to quote another boater at a race in St. Louis back in June 2001. Open water test & tune time Saturday morning morning and Stu Barr had an OS 80 powered black Crapshooter out on the course and it was screaming - I mean dialed in to perfection, the motor climbed the hill all way down the straights - turned like it was on a tether. A younger boater that traveled to the race with Bob and I commented on how well the "Crapshooters" ran and Bob Finn immediately corrected him "It's the man, not the boat"......couldn't be more true.
I've never seen Stu's personal boats run slow. If he doesn't win it usually is a result of someone taking him out, a plug flame-out, or tactical error on his part....I mean, come on, the dude has a closet full of green jackets.

There's nothing superlative about a Crapshooter. It's the unobtainium factor that's driving the price.
People get stupid when they want something they can't have. It's inherent within the human species.
And credit where credit's due- Stu's apparently a marketing genius....
I mean, think about it, what else could it be???...😉

And I will say, as a owner of a crapshooter, yes its a fast boat, yes its by far the fastest boat I have ever owned. But am I able to take it off the shelf and go win everytime I take it out....... no. That's all based on luck at the end of the day. Now would I ever sell it................ NO. That being said do I feel they are worth these crazy numbers people are getting for them....... no. His craftsmanship is definitely why he gets the price he does for the lucky few who get new ones.

Just like the bouche pipes. Yes they are unobtainable, Yes they are amazing to run, are they the best thing out there............... On certain occasions yea they defiantly are. Are they worth the nutty prices people can get for them...... Maybe....🤣

Last edited:
And I will say, as a owner of a crapshooter, yes its a fast boat, yes its by far the fastest boat I have ever owned. But am I able to take it off the shelf and go win everytime I take it out....... no. That's all based on luck at the end of the day. Now would I ever sell it................ NO. That being said do I feel they are worth these crazy numbers people are getting for them....... no. His craftsmanship is definitely why he gets the price he does for the lucky few who get new ones.

Just like the bouche pipes. Yes they are unobtainable, Yes they are amazing to run, are they the best thing out there............... On certain occasions yea they defiantly are. Are they worth the nutty prices people can get for them...... Maybe....🤣
No doubt luck is an element.....however, the bulk of the equation lies in the hands of the driver, IMO....No doubt, good equipment boosts the odds in a good driver's favor.

We've seen videos of Stu just destroying the competition on his better days, against some very good driver's with boats on par with the Crapshooter, at the least. Sure not going to mention names! 😂😉

People who are serious about racing have no problem spending money for something that will allow them to compete at the highest level and that's what these boats offer.
Quality, craftsmanship and performance, it's that simple!
Kinda 'duh'....thinkin' the topic in commentary was centered around used/pre-owned racing equipment selling for more than OEM pricing.
Show me another motorsport where this happens....the only exclusion is possibly a machine that garnered some sort of major accolades, that history acknowledges, to land in a museum to display historical significance. Surely, not going to see any 'toy boats' there.
It remains a hobby. 😉

Again, still curious as to why there were no inquiries to this classified, especially considering, well, Crapshooter....one just sold, maybe a month ago, unpowered, yet raced, for $2500, in the blink of an eye.

Again, my curiosity....people can spend their money anyway they choose...I couldn't care less. 😉😉

Back