• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Crapshooter for sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve wood

45 crapshooter for sale. Includes boat ,vac 45,servos, futaba receiver, parabolic muffled pipe, cmb pipe,stand, 8 props, extra turn fin(nicked), Russia needle on delrin mount, for use with evo motors,Walt Barney tank. pay pal friends and family. Shipping to usa only. $3000 plus actual shipping.13181BF6-615B-4D6C-8708-83D631038089.jpeg58F010F6-AB19-4B77-878C-37D290686E76.jpeg0189FF9C-BE33-43D4-AC2A-AC7CBF263CDC.jpegE94D2475-DC68-4E19-8DD2-F11D6EDBEF38.jpegFA58026D-BC1F-4CCC-B5B3-AD96072D937F.jpegAE83E0E6-182E-42D2-8B0A-5A7F6043187D.jpeg3E012A19-B074-454B-BEC2-9061C4FD8A5F.jpegC767E168-A6B9-4195-B49A-CF85079940A5.jpeg58F010F6-AB19-4B77-878C-37D290686E76.jpeg8DC296E0-402E-4C46-AEBC-EB20282ACCFC.jpeg

Poof it’s gone, again, always been curious how do these hulls perform in comparison to my all time favorite, the Eagle?
Greg,

There is none. Once you drive a Crapshooter, you'll never go back to anything else.

Look at what happened here. A (likely) 15-20 year old boat, with some minor race rash, sold for $3K. In seventeen minutes. :oops:
Without even a modicum of negotiation.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Greg,

There is none. Once you drive a Crapshooter, you'll never go back to anything else.

Look at what happened here. A (likely) 15-20 year old boat, with some minor race rash, sold for $3K. In seventeen minutes. :oops:

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
In what ways are they better/different? I have never seen one run or race so I legitimately don’t know what their like?

Greg,

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
So how is this crapshooter different from the early design the Proto for example

That are not that much difference in any 3 point hydro it’s all in the design and set up if the boat is a good design and you know how to set it up it will preform flawlessly if it has a bad set up it will preform poorly if you ask me my opinion they are all great boats

Well said John. Stu is extremely selective of who gets his boat kits. Well built for sure and finished with the same compassion as the builder, a great boat. There are plenty of hulls equally competitive in the right hands. But none that share the same detail to quality. The custom hardware is the nicest touch. I've owned several Crapshooters and have done well with them. Just wasn't a big fan of the Crapshooter "club" so to speak.

Well I just have to say it! The Eagle, Crapshooter and Roadrunner are NOT 3 point hydros, they are 4 point!
A true 3 point does not have rear sponsons or center shoe, it relies only on the prop and hull for lift !
Sport hydros and Scale hydros are examples of a true 3 point!

Last edited:
Not True. Many boat set up is all 4 sponsons on the same level surface. Crapshooter is one of these boats.

Roadrunner hydros for 25 years have carried the rears off the water 1/8 of a inch..
[/QUO
Joe, if they are off the water, why have them? Turning stability and launching on Sport and Scale hydros is done without them so why do you need them on a rigger?

In what ways are they better/different? I have never seen one run or race so I legitimately don’t know what their like?
Greg,

Obviously, there are aesthetic differences between the various different designs, but the magic is in the subtleties that are not so readily visible. The geometry of the sponsons, both front and rear, and the tub all contribute, both aerodynamically and hydrodynamically, and influence the overall performance of the boat. The Crapshooters are, by my observation, the lightest on their feet, and most responsive, while also being the most forgiving, of all the readily available designs. Watch some YT videos of them running. I honestly think most of them could run inside buoy one, outside of two and inside of three, then repeat that on the other end of the course, all day long, at full race speed, if the driver wanted to push it that hard.

I think you'll find that most people who have driven/owned the others, after driving a Crapshooter, are Crapshooter owners for the duration of their pursuit of the hobby.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Well I just have to say it! The Eagle, Crapshooter and Roadrunner are NOT 3 point hydros, they are 4 point!
A true 3 point does not have rear sponsons or center shoe, it relies only on the prop and hull for lift !
Sport hydros and Scale hydros are examples of a true 3 point!
Don,

Most of the readily available outriggers carry the rears once they are on a plane. The rears touch on occasion; rough water, turns etc, but the prop holds them off the water under normal conditions. I fully believe the rear sponons allow for pulling more prop. I think this is why we typically see Crapshooters running 1657s while others, particularly those without rears, running 1460s and 1655s.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

So how is this crapshooter different from the early design the Proto for example
Jim,

Truthfully, the only thing they really have in common, aside from the basic functional design, is the name.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back