TS3 Build Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Murphy

Supporting Member
Thought it might be good to start a thread on building/running the TS3, just got mine finished tonight hopefully get it out to the lake tomorrow for it's first race as our club now has a stock class for A Outboards.

Will provide a full review tomorrow after I run it, but here are a couple of quick picks.

Attachments

• _9113378.jpg
    _9113378.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 35
  • _9113369.jpg
    _9113369.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 33
  • _9113376.jpg
    _9113376.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 34
  • _9113372.jpg
    _9113372.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
First TS3 victory Downunder to Gino (poolschool), technically I won LOL but jumped the start.

Great boats out of the box.

This a a "tounge in cheek" post BTW only two of us today turned up with stockers...

I see I'm not the only one who skipped the tank they supplied. I might install it if I can't finish a race, but seems how I never can make one I don't see that being a problem... I started a thread of my own on TS3 so far pretty god hull just need to find it's sweet spot a fix a few small problems...

But the hull handles fantastic with my mod TT but just need to get her to turn a full speed and not barrel roll.... I will try to get some picts up of mine but here are some vids of my progression.... Sorry about the video quality...

One more of her getting very close to were she needs to be...

I have had her back on the water a coupletimes since and finally got her on pipe and sailling the corners pretty darn good, until she tried taking flight and rolled and bent a steering arm.....
I will tell you a bit about my setup when I get the energy....

First TS3 victory Downunder to Gino (poolschool), technically I won LOL but jumped the start.

Great boats out of the box.

This a a "tounge in cheek" post BTW only two of us today turned up with stockers...
Sorry I wasn't there today Murph & Gino to run "Sport". Sounds like the new boats went well.

Ok quick review after todays run....

First the bad,

Lack of a boat stand, was a nice inclusion on the TS2, would have happy paid a little extra for one.

Fuel tank O Rings, clearly not the right material, both mine broke before hitting the water. Maybe a simple Zip tie system would have been better.

The two piece steering rods, not a fan of this design, plus thought they were a little light weight, swapped them out for some one piece 440 rods.

Not keen on the elevated tank, would have liked to have seen it mounted lower in the hull given the space there.

The good,

Great fit and finish considering the price of the hull.

Good instruction book and setup guide.

Nice solid transom design, actually to me seems a pretty solid boat overall.

Very nice to drive, stable, predicable.

I've made some changes to my boat, being setup to run in sport class that our club runs.

First changed the servo tray to allow for two smaller HS81 servo's, one for the throttle and one for a future third channel fix mixture. Also added some extra bracing under the tray to allow it to be screwed in.

Re-routed the throttle cable through the fuel tank bracket, just cut some slots to allow the cable to pass through (see pics in first post).

Running my old Grim Racer tank from my TS2 but may switch to the stock tank yet for more capacity. Would like to trying to get a custom tank inside the hull if I can.

Lightly sanded the running area of the sponsons, just to knock the shiny stuff off and sharpen the edges.

My motor is a stock OS, running 50% nitro.

Stock 40x53 prop, but looking forward to getting my props from Prop-4-U including the 40x52/3.

Overall happy with the boat on it's first run, will post up the setup from days run once I measure everything up.

The elevated tank is for fuel flow but I skipped it. The two piece rods are good servo saver but I have. Never. Been. A fan of them... the orings mike Warned Us About. Ijust used velcro. Overal the ts3 handles some.Good chop. Handles real nice!!!

TS3 was the winner on the day :p

As an independent observer on the day, and "shared" Pit *****, I can say there was nothing between the two boats. It all came down to the start and Murph was a just a good driver out of luck on the day, too eager in the first heat and too conservative in the second heat.

I just cleaned the surface and used some adhesive type velcro!!! Tank pulls right off when I need it and stays in when I need it to!!!!

Latest posts

Back