truck tires

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wood

Guy's

I am going to need to get tires for my truck. I am looking at nitto terra grapplers.. anyone running them and what do they think.

I am looking at buying rims and tires from discount tire online.. anyone have any dealings with them good or bad?

thanks

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris

I personally never heard of the tires. But looking at them they look a lot like a tire that I was buying a few years ago I thing there were called General not the brand name. I have to say they were the best tire I have ever bought.

There were great in the snow and the rain. and the price was comparable to what you are looking at. I was getting load range E and I was getting 60 thousand miles on a set. wish I would have seen these. I ended up dropping

about $1000 on a set of BFGoodrich.

Hope this helps?

Terry

a guy i work with has a set on his ford f-250, 2004 v-10. he said when they got about 1/2 gone, traction on anything but dry asphalt went to hell. good wear, stayed in balance, just too much ice skating :rolleyes: :lol:

I have not used that Nitto tire, but recently purchased a set of BFG Longtrail T/A ' s from Sams and got a great price, and they ride really nice.

Andy

they suck in the wet, but do great in the dry... unfortunatly they sucked so bad in the wet I couldn't justify keeping them for dry days. I'm running Yokohamma's they cost about the same, and they are just as good in the dry, much better in the wet and I can actually get a head of steam when the white stuff is around.

I have not used that Nitto tire, but recently purchased a set of BFG Longtrail T/A ' s from Sams and got a great price, and they ride really nice.

Andy
How well do they work in the snow Andy? Cooper, Bridgestones or even Firestones radials are much better in the snow-and throw them away when the tread is 1/2 gone. T/A's didn't work well when NEW.

Glenn

thanks for the info

the goodyears i have now suck in the wet.. i like the tread and design of the nitto's but that look don't mean much if you can't go anywhere.

thanks for the info on the yoke's.. how is the tread wear?

andy, what size BFG'S do you have?

i am leary of buying tires onlne.. but i can get the rims and tires on line SO much cheaper than in town.. but if i have a problem.. i don't want to have to ship the tire back.. after i have it dismounted.. what a pain

chris

thanks for the info

the goodyears i have now suck in the wet.. i like the tread and design of the nitto's but that look don't mean much if you can't go anywhere.

i am leary of buying tires onlne.. but i can get the rims and tires on line SO much cheaper than in town.. but if i have a problem.. i don't want to have to ship the tire back.. after i have it dismounted.. what a pain

chris

I have 225/70-16 on a Grand Cherokee.

Thats the upside to paying a little more local at a chain that has multiple locations. Road hazzard is less of a PITA. If you dont care about that , go for it.

Glenn , I wouldnt even know HOW to drive in the snow nor do I want to
laugh.gif

So far they have been just fine in the rain down here, and lord knows we get plenty.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info

chris
tread wear has been great so far, about 20k mostly highway miles and still look like they are new. even with my ball joints going out on the front they have sustained well. I do have my tires rotated every 6~9k and balance checked when I rotate them (hey i got lifetime balance and rotate) I had wrangler AT's (265 75 16) before the nitto's and I will admit in the wet half worn wranglers were much worse, but I could still easily do donuts on wet pavement with the Nitto's. which I went a size up on (285 75 16). the Yokes are again the size up from stock and really do well in all conditions, I can spin them if i get heavy footed, but I cannot do donuts on wet pavement.

if your going to buy online go through tire rack. you can request to pick them up at a local installer and they will warranty the tires there. it's a really nice setup they have and I have had great experiences with their customer service.

Back