Trouble with speed master rudder arm...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon White

Supporting Member
I purchased a speed master rudder and I switched the arm over to the right side for my sport 40. Unscrewed all 3 hex screws and now I can't get the arm to lock in place. It has play in it an I tighten all the screws back. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Screenshot_20210526-214241.png

No there is not. The screws supposed to pinch it on there I guess. Now the screw broke off in it. 😩
That's when various drill bits and thread taps come in handy,,A trick I use to get broken screws out ,is to use a left hand drill bit smaller than the threaded hole,,run the drill left hand, and as it bites in the screw it unwinds it

You sure you the bolt was not in the arm in backwards. Threading it in the threaded side instead of slip fut side. If you are tightening it to point of breaking the bolt about the only way it can happen. They usually start to grip pretty tight when screw is just barely getting snug.

Back