TROPHY RACE..... CHARLOTTE NC CRWB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also looking into sanctioning site for this event, as it is big enough to run thunderbolts, jersey skiffs, big gasses, the whole 9

Alright everyone the official location of the CAROLINAS RC WATER BURNERS 1ST TROPHY RACE WILL BE HELD AT........251 LINEBERGER DRIVE,MOORESVILLE NC,28117............THE DATES OF THE EVENT IS FEB. 14,15,16......FRIDAY BEING OPEN WATER,SATURDAY BEING QUALIFIERS,SUNDAY BEING THE MAINS
Mitchell,Congrats on getting your new site and race dates set. What are qualifiers and mains? Sounds like car racing. RC Boat racing generally is three or four rounds of heat racing with overall points deciding finishing positions. Some races such as the Winternats have used the shootout format for all classes, instead of just for twins as some of the other races have done. Can you elaborate on the details of the format your club will be using? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also looking into sanctioning site for this event, as it is big enough to run thunderbolts, jersey skiffs, big gasses, the whole 9
Mitchell go to the impba.net website you can sanction your race sight for a small fee that gives you 5 million in liabilty coverage then for 20.00 bucks you can sanction your race you can also name land owner as a addtional insured

Ooooops I was talking rc cars when I was typing and typing what I was saying lol, please charge the mistake to the mind and not the heart thanks for the catch Ron, correction to be made is there will be 4 rounds of running as of now 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday just depending on the turn out basically going back to the old school way of running If we have a smaller crowd we may run more but if we have a decent crowd we will stay put!!!! Running on the point system of course, NOW IF WE HAVE A TIE IN ANYWAY WE WILL HAVE A SHOOTOUT RUN OF 3 LAPS DETERMINING THAT POSITION..... AS FAR AS SANCTIONING IM LOOKING INTO IT HEAVILY THIS Morning.

*INFO ON UPCOMING TROPHY RACE*

1st class: $15.00

2nd class: $10.00

3rd class and more $7.00

*PAYMENTS ARE TO BE SENT TO [email protected] (via paypal)

Or a check mailed out to 3213 decapolis drive Charlotte nc 28215 made out to CAROLINAS RC WATER BURNERS

P-spec mono

P-spec cat

20 mono (nitro,gassers)

40 mono (nitro, gassers)

20 tunnel (May run electric tunnel here)

40 tunnel (nitro, gassers)

20, 40, 60, F hydro (nitro,gassers)

Jersey skiff

1/8 hydroplane (electric,nitro,gas)

Thunderbolts

Offshore

Novice

Open hydro

Open tunnel

Open mono

Open cat

These are the classes we are looking to run, depends on the sign up we get we may have to narrow classes a little to get classes a little more fuller of course still running like classes...... Also We WILL FOLLOW IMPBA AND NAMBA TO A EXTENT BUT AS FAR AS CLASS GOES WE WILL WORK WITH EVERYONE TO MAKE SURE THEY GET INTO A CLASS TO RUN WE WILL NOT EXCLUDE ANYONE FROM RUNNING!!!!

Mitchell,

The only class the gas tunnels will run in would be the Open Tunnel Class, unless you offer a separate class. I would add LSG Gas Tunnel as a separate class initially, as there are more of them showing up on the East Coast. You could show the LSG Gas Mono, Cat, and Riggers separate for now as well, or include them in open classes like you would for the tunnels. 20 Tunnel and 20 Mono could include the P Spec Tunnels and Monos, but you may want to show those separate as well until you see who all has entered, so show P Spec Tunnel as well for now. If you do not have anyone as a registered CD in place, I am happy to help and I am sure there will be others to enter that can help as well. The first decision you need to make is which sanctioning body with which your club will be affiliated. Both organizations work well together and with an active membership, only a small event fee will be required by entries of a different sanctioning body than your club affiliation. Hopefully all of this is helping. Keep in touch. Many of us are looking forward to running there again. Your first couple of races will involve a lot of entry movement, but you have the right attitude af making sure everyone has a spot to run their boat!!!... ;)

Mitchell, Consider taking a look at the classes offered at IMPBA D12 or D13 races since these are where most of your outside racers are going to come from. The closer you are aligned to these classes, the better your attendance will be. Consider using this as a base. You can add, remove or adjust classes to suit your needs. http://www.capitolrcmodelboats.com/race-classes-and-rules-1

Do what you want as far as a choosing a sanctioning body but keep in mind you are surrounded by IMPBA clubs. That means if your guys want to attend other races at IMPBA venues they can only do so once a year with an additional fee. If they want to attend more than one race, they have to join the IMPBA. Don't know how far west you have to go to find a NAMBA Club but if you go north, it's New Jersey and if you go South, It's Florida.

Good Luck. PM me if you have any questions.

NAMBA or APBA members can attend as many IMPBA events they choose with the $10 guest fee imposed. That was a recent rule change. We get them all of the time at CMB races.

Going IMPBA with all of the surrounding states being IMPBA is the correct way to go for sure. Otherwise it raises the entry costs for the incoming racers.

Ok so new update is this and is set in stone not to be changed.... As far as the big trophy race in February it WILL be had but at 5101 prosperity church rd in Charlotte NC. The new location was perfect and all was a go on getting sanctioned but the location will be under construction for new development in the cove in the early months since water will be down and equipment can be driven down to water line so it's a safety hazard so they say....... SO WE WILL CONTINUE ON WITH THE TROPHY RACE WE INVITE ALL ELECTRIC AND 20/40 nitro and gas boats out..... WE ALSO WILL BE RUNNING 8th HYDROPLANE ELEC/NITRO/GAS......SO FAR WE HAVE QUITE A FEW ELECTRICS (cats,mono,tunnel,hydro/riggers) already dedicated to coming WE HAVE SOME NITROSAMINES ALREADY DEDICATED TO COMING(RIGGERS/HYDROS 20sz a few monos and tunnels as well as cats between 20/40sz) SO WE PLAN ON MAKING THIS A EVENT A SUCCESS BUT WE JUST WONT BE RUNNING ANY BIG BOATS FOR THIS EVENT...........ALSO RON SHAW YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT BY SOME OF YOUR PLD CREW LOL

Lol. Sounds like fun for sure Mitchell. Who is calling me out!!!..... :)

Let me see, Grover, Marty, Fred, Tom L???? Others? Cant wait to see the gang!!

yes,. that is the location that Mitch is talking about. I was working on the location issue as well. I stopped when Mitch announced the previous location.

There are some challenges with this location,.. but will still be a good time,..

Lol. Sounds like fun for sure Mitchell. Who is calling me out!!!..... :)

Let me see, Grover, Marty, Fred, Tom L???? Others? Cant wait to see the gang!!
Hey Ron, the whole crew is calling you out. I told them to leave you alone but they insist so you have to show them who is boss lol

All RIGHT....... Very very very excited to announce that the WINNERS HARDWARE HAS BEEN ORDERED AND THEY ARE DEFFINATLEY NICE ORNAMENTS SO ALL OF YOU ELECTRIC GUYS, all of you 20/40 size NITRO MONOS/cats/ TUNNELS/hydros, all of you 1/8 hydro boys come on out and see who is good enough to take the HARDWARE!!!!

Moved to 3rd weekend in February as alot of racers have wives and would like to spend VALENTINE'S DAY WITH THEIR SPOUSE SO WE MUST SHOW RESPECT

So what up with no gas boats at this race? Is the lake too small to handle these boats? I live over in the Raleigh area and only run gas boats. Would like to support your race. How about open classes for the gas boats. I don't mind running with the smaller boats or electrics.

Back