TROPHY RACE..... CHARLOTTE NC CRWB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Stinson

ALRIGHT TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN FOLLOWING US FAITHFULLY AND COMING TO.RUN WITH US WE THANK.YOU FROM THE DEPTHS OF OUR HEARTS.....

WITH THAT BEING SAID ITS TIME FOR US TO.MAKE IT ALOT MORE FUN.AND INTISING TO YOU ALL THAT WANT TO.COME.PLAY BUY JUST NEED THAT EXTRA PUSH!!!!"

WE WILL BE HOSTING A TROPHY RACE WITH RAFFLES, GIFTS, FOOD THE WHOLE NINE, SO IF YOU HAVE A BOAT OR KNOW A FRIEND WITH 1 COME ON.OUT AND ENJOY THE FUN....WE WILL HAVE A CLAss FOR WHATEVER BOAT IS BRUNG DO.DONT BE SCARED LOL....

WHO WILL BE DUSTING OFF THERE SHELF FOR NEW HARDWARE!!!!!

Time & date: will be released very soon ( be planned for February)

any on site camping? be a cool way to kick off the season! we still have hard water in february. not 100% on the class's, but .21 rigger, some .21 tunnels, gas rigger & gas mono. lookin' foward to meeting some of you guys. my b-d is feb. 15, happy b-d to me :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing in Charlotte again. Now we're talking!!!!.... ;) Congrats Mitchell. Looks like you guys are moving right along. I am sure our crew would love to come down. Only two dates to watch for conflicts during that time of the year would be the Winternats and the SAWS in Elizabeth City. If you don't have enough people to CD, I would be happy to help. Tell your Dad and the rest of your gang that I haven't seen in many years, hello!!.... :)

We would love to support you all but the location you posted is not going to cut it for gas boats. Are you guys planning on becoming a IMPBA sanctioned club??

looks like about 300'X300'. kinda small for racing, but not too bad for playin'. if you have a larger site possible, that would be much better ;) . keep us posted, i can still bring my .21 tunnels & .21 mono.

I knew you guys were going to say that!!! It is too small really.. we are working on getting a bigger location and have a very good potential site in the works.

As far as IMPBA ort Namba,.. It is a distant goal. Right now we need to grow the club. We don't want to restrict anyone from running. many of the people are newer FE guys and may not be interested if membership is mandatory.. They are requiring club membership but not IMPBA at this time. Just not ready for that yet.

You guys have to walk before you run, thats for sure. I would strongly recommend sanctioning as a club as this would give your members and the land owner liability insurance coverage. When I read the notice above I was thinking that had been done, so hats off to Chilli for picking up on it. The site you have may easily support a 1/4 oval in lieu of a 1/3 oval, if the larger site falls through. You could also limit engine sizes as well. This is exciting for all of us as the loss of the Greensboro club has left a local void. The VA club is back with a new site so that will help as well. Lots of options are good. We will support you any way we can..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SHUUUUSH RON!!! I don't want anyone to have any reason to slow the process of moving to the other location. Man,.. every time I throw my .21 rigger in the pond there it's like a crap shoot.. and I just totaled a 40 boat!!!

I don't need a big pond..I can go round and round in a bathtub......would love to go to Charlotte. jj

Ferrette has a great story about running an RC Boat in the bath tub!!!...... ;)

Hey guys apologies on late reply got really busy at work and as far as location I'm working on getting. A bigger location for this weekend but if not we WILL be running on our current location.

We have a great oval course that is great holding up to 8max 31" and under hulls (catamarans,monos,tunnels,etc) as for bigger classes we will limit 4 to 5 on the water at a time but as Ron said we must start some where and just to show face as a up and coming organized club I feel as the active PRESIDENT that a trophy race will bring a few new faces to the Charlotte area and will show not only that CRWB WILL TRAVEL TO SUPPORT IUR FELLOW CLUBS AND WE WELCOME FELLOW CLUBS TO COME ENJOY US AS A NEW CLUB.

AS FAR AS RACE COURSE GOES OUR CURRENT LOCATION IS A BIT SMALL BUT CALLS FOR SOME CLOSE HOLD YOUR LANE RACING WE ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING A APPROXIMANT 1/4 OVAL WITH A OFFSHORE ON THE BACK END ALSO USING THE OFFSHORE BUOY AND OUT PERIMETER OF OTHER BUOYS FOR OUR LARGER BOATS AND IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD AS WE HAD 3 RUNNING AT OUR LAST MEET.

SANCTIONING: AS FOR NOW OR CURRENT LICATION IS NOT SANCTIONED AS WE ARE JUST TRYING TO BUILD A NAME AND REPUTATION FOR OURSELVES AS A CLUB.....BUT..... OUR NEW LOCATION WILL BE SANCTIONED AND RAN AS SUCH. I KNOW THIS WILL PROBABLY KEEP SOME PEOPLE AWAY BUT IF YOU ALL WILL JUST GIVE US A CHANCE AS A CLUB TO.PROVE OUR WORTH AND GAIN YOUR TRUST AS A CLUB AND COME RUN WITH US WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO RUN A CLEAN SAFE AND STRESS FREE EVENT.

CLASSES: WOOOO WEEEE LOL ALOT OF INBOXS ABOUT THIS WE ARE LOOKING AT RUNNING THE FOLLOWING.

*TUNNEL HULLS (NITRO,ELECTRIC)(SIZE)

*CATAMARAN (P SPEC)

*MONO (P SPEC)

*RIGGER/ HYDRO (20 SIZE) (NITRO/ELECTRIC)

*SCALE (1/8 NITRO/ ELECTRIC)

*OPEN OFFSHORE (CATAMARAN,MONO)

&NOVICE (NO RIGGERS)

*GASSERS (MONO,CAT,HYDRO,J.SKIFFS)(WILL RUN THE LARGE COURSE TO GIVE YOU ALL MORE ROOM)

AS STATED BEFORE THIS IS AND WILL BE A TROPHY RACE SO EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY AND COME SUPPORT US AND TAKE SOME HARDWARE HOME. FOOD WILL BE SERVED ON SITE. THERE WILL BE RAFFLES AND GOODIES GIVEN AWAY SO LETS MAKE THIS A FAMILY EVENT.

MAJOR ANNOUCMENT: WITH THIS BEING OUR 1ST MAJOR EVENT WE WILL HAVE OPEN PRACTICE THAT FRIDAY SO EVERYONE CAN GET USE TO THE LAYOUT AND COURSE AND WE WILL HAVE 2 QUALIFYING ROUNDS AND RACE THAT SATURDAY.

DATE WILL BE DECIDED AND POSTED TONIGHT

Hey guys apologies on late reply got really busy at work and as far as location I'm working on getting. A bigger location for this weekend but if not we WILL be running on our current location.

We have a great oval course that is great holding up to 8max 31" and under hulls (catamarans,monos,tunnels,etc) as for bigger classes we will limit 4 to 5 on the water at a time but as Ron said we must start some where and just to show face as a up and coming organized club I feel as the active PRESIDENT that a trophy race will bring a few new faces to the Charlotte area and will show not only that CRWB WILL TRAVEL TO SUPPORT IUR FELLOW CLUBS AND WE WELCOME FELLOW CLUBS TO COME ENJOY US AS A NEW CLUB.

AS FAR AS RACE COURSE GOES OUR CURRENT LOCATION IS A BIT SMALL BUT CALLS FOR SOME CLOSE HOLD YOUR LANE RACING WE ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING A APPROXIMANT 1/4 OVAL WITH A OFFSHORE ON THE BACK END ALSO USING THE OFFSHORE BUOY AND OUT PERIMETER OF OTHER BUOYS FOR OUR LARGER BOATS AND IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD AS WE HAD 3 RUNNING AT OUR LAST MEET.

SANCTIONING: AS FOR NOW OR CURRENT LICATION IS NOT SANCTIONED AS WE ARE JUST TRYING TO BUILD A NAME AND REPUTATION FOR OURSELVES AS A CLUB.....BUT..... OUR NEW LOCATION WILL BE SANCTIONED AND RAN AS SUCH. I KNOW THIS WILL PROBABLY KEEP SOME PEOPLE AWAY BUT IF YOU ALL WILL JUST GIVE US A CHANCE AS A CLUB TO.PROVE OUR WORTH AND GAIN YOUR TRUST AS A CLUB AND COME RUN WITH US WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO RUN A CLEAN SAFE AND STRESS FREE EVENT.

CLASSES: WOOOO WEEEE LOL ALOT OF INBOXS ABOUT THIS WE ARE LOOKING AT RUNNING THE FOLLOWING.

*TUNNEL HULLS (NITRO,ELECTRIC)(SIZE)

*CATAMARAN (P SPEC)

*MONO (P SPEC)

*RIGGER/ HYDRO (20 SIZE) (NITRO/ELECTRIC)

*SCALE (1/8 NITRO/ ELECTRIC)

*OPEN OFFSHORE (CATAMARAN,MONO)

&NOVICE (NO RIGGERS)

*GASSERS (MONO,CAT,HYDRO,J.SKIFFS)(WILL RUN THE LARGE COURSE TO GIVE YOU ALL MORE ROOM)

AS STATED BEFORE THIS IS AND WILL BE A TROPHY RACE SO EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY AND COME SUPPORT US AND TAKE SOME HARDWARE HOME. FOOD WILL BE SERVED ON SITE. THERE WILL BE RAFFLES AND GOODIES GIVEN AWAY SO LETS MAKE THIS A FAMILY EVENT.

MAJOR ANNOUCMENT: WITH THIS BEING OUR 1ST MAJOR EVENT WE WILL HAVE OPEN PRACTICE THAT FRIDAY SO EVERYONE CAN GET USE TO THE LAYOUT AND COURSE AND WE WILL HAVE 2 QUALIFYING ROUNDS AND RACE THAT SATURDAY.

DATE WILL BE DECIDED AND POSTED TONIGHT

we

we are looking into a new site. I am going to try and work on this myself.. I ran at the current location today..

good luck, mitchell. keep us posted. registering your club with impba could help, due to the insurance coverage offered. property owners like it when they feel safer from liability issues. just 1 more thing to offer them ;) .

Alright everyone the official location of the CAROLINAS RC WATER BURNERS 1ST TROPHY RACE WILL BE HELD AT........251 LINEBERGER DRIVE,MOORESVILLE NC,28117............THE DATES OF THE EVENT IS FEB. 14,15,16......FRIDAY BEING OPEN WATER,SATURDAY BEING QUALIFIERS,SUNDAY BEING THE MAINS

Back