Trailer Opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I am going to buy a new trailer and have narrowed my options down to (2). One is a standard steel frame, screwless exterior round top wedge 6x8, while the other is a 6x10 full aluminum frame flat top screwlwss exterior. The 10' aluminum actually weighs less than the 6x8 but I am concerned about strength and twist. Both have torflex axles etc., any opinions or experience with aluminum Cargo trailers ? Thanks Tony J

http://neotrailers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=10

http://www.kargomax.ca/6wedge.htm

i wouldn't sweat the alum tony.. they have been around for a while now and if they were no good nobody would be buying them.

as for the wedge nose.. we have one on ours and i think it is WORSE than the standard front end.. reason is 90% of the time we drive it is a cross wind.. well now the front end has to huge WALLS to hit depending on the direct.. again that is specualtion but i think it makes it worse on gas.. not for sure just a guess.

if the alum is not much more i would go with that just for the ease to pull with..

chris

My vote is for the 6 x10 all aluminum. I know some high end cars have aluminum frames. It's not always about the material used ,but how its engineered. You will also like the extra spac ( my friend has one for his race bikes, they are nice ).

TL

My vote is for the 6 x10 all aluminum. I know some high end cars have aluminum frames. It's not always about the material used ,but how its engineered. You will also like the extra spac ( my friend has one for his race bikes, they are nice ).

TL
Not to mention all the boat trailers made from high quality Aluminum extrusions .

I'd go with the Alumunim too it has to be better on gas mileage just fromthe weight factor plus has to be easier to tow and easier on the vehicle components trany, engine, ect.

TJ,

The Neo trailer has way more bling factor. That's the one I'd be going with. Lol Seriously though, my 23' travel trailer has aluminum framing and the doors still shut like the day it was new. Light is good.

RJ

6 x 10 Aluminum, side door with double rear doors.

jw

As for the weight or wedge nose, I went from a 5 x 8 to a 6 x 10 wedge, much bigger than the old one and I know it's there, all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Neo kinda looks like my Haulmark.

I too would probably go with Neo looks nice.

DADS Pictures 010.JPG

tony, do not worry about the alluminum being weak. i have a 30' race care trailer and it weighs about

9,000 with car,quad,and stuff and it is just fine. after 12 years of towing at way above highway speeds and the piece of crap roads when i lived up in NY, the back door still close nice and it rides great.do not waste your time on angle nose.good luck with which ever you buy. mike.

Tony,

I have a 6x12 tall with a ramp end gate and side door I might be willing to sell. It is all set up and ready to go. PM me if you might be interested.

Scott I might be interested if Tony is Not Can you sent me a pic of the inside & out & what year it is? joe

My trailer has a wedge front and its been a great asset to my setup. I have a work shelf, chargers and CD player in that area.. below this is a great storage area. Truth is all my fuel and tool boxes and battery to power things are under there.

What I like about this, is.. the rest of the trailer has plenty of room for my boats, helis or rockets of whatever and I can still stand in the trailer and work on the bench.. I have pickled my 1/8 hydro on that bench.. (it was raining out) Its a 5X8 tall!

Grim

Back