Go Engine Experience

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman18

I am a realatively new member to this "community", and I may not have umteen years of "racing" experience, but what I do have is the what most have started out like, young exposure to the RC hobby industry, mainly through my aunt and uncle who got me interested into Boats, Cars and Trucks, though they now like the planes and Heli's now. I wanted to get back into the hobby so I purchased a SV27 nitro last year, Yes it is an RTR, but I did it that way because my job and being a newlywed, didn't allow for the time to build a kit "the old fashioned way" as my uncle put it. I thought the boat was a lot of fun and ran great breaking it in and after. Now I have rebuilt the Stock motor twice due to con rod failure(yes it was properly broken in each time according to the manufacturer instructions) I got tired of having to rebuild if the engine was pushed too hard. So I looked for anew option, and found these "Go Tech Marine" engines and bought one quite hastily, then tried to find parts. I was put in contact with Go Engine Marine and explained my situation. They took care of me and now I have an engine that has a warranty, and the help if I need it in the future.

I have been more than impressed with the overall quality of this little engine.

After a quick teardown (out of sheer curiosity about the craftsmanship in the new motor) I found many pluses, this Go Engine has a huge water-cooled head, The piston sleeve lined up with the exhaust port in the block (less modifying, more time running!), I also found the outer block and carb to be superbly manufactured, with large fins for block strength and cooling and very little side- to-side play in the throttle body (rotary portion of the carb.)

Inside the engine is where the true beauty resides. A knifed con rod with much thicker rod ends compared to the stock AQU 18. I found much smoother bearings, overall more open in-block passages to the ports. In my opinion much cleaner block machining, and the crank intake. Some other nice touches were the one-piece pull start shaft vs. the two-piece held together with the setscrew(that could become dislodged and really Jack up your investment) plus there was and aluminum shim just inside the bushing before the one way bearing (I’m guessing for better block oil retention). The pull starter is really beefed up and a solid unit, with a nice retainer so that it doesn’t “spring out” when removing it from the engine for cleaning or inspection.

Best of all it dropped right into me SV27's engine mount with no modification.

On to testing….

I followed the instructions provided with the new engine, broke her in and all I gotta say is WOW. I used Sidewinder 30% for the break in process (6-8 tanks). I was running a 42mm Graupner K series Carbon prop. The engine came to life on the first pull, even after cooling between intervals, very impressive. I ended up running for a total of three hours in calm waters except for the occasional "big boat" waves, which was also a lot of fun. Very easy idle speed, and at the top end I could barely keep the hull on the water. At the end of “testing” I got her sitting pretty at 175-180 degrees and just a tad under two turns out HSN. What a screamer! The best part is I only went through 3/4 gallon of fuel. Much less fuel wasted out the exhaust.

If you are looking for a replacement or an upgrade engine, I would highly recommend Go Engine Marine. Find a US distributor(or respective country) so your engine will have paperwork and warranty! They should really give OS and others a run for less money, and yet retain high quality.

<a href="http://go-enginemarine.com/engines.html" target="_blank">http://go-enginemarine.com/engines.html</a>

Also for a better explanation of the differences between the true Go Engine marine and the Go Tech. Marine(Ebay Motors) see this link

<a href="http://www.go-enginemarine.com/uploads/Go_..._Difference.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.go-enginemarine.com/uploads/Go_..._Difference.pdf</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a realatively new member to this "community", and I may not have umteen years of "racing" experience, but what I do have is the what most have started out like, young exposure to the RC hobby industry, mainly through my aunt and uncle who got me interested into Boats, Cars and Trucks, though they now like the planes and Heli's now. I wanted to get back into the hobby so I purchased a SV27 nitro last year, Yes it is an RTR, but I did it that way because my job and being a newlywed, didn't allow for the time to build a kit "the old fashioned way" as my uncle put it. I thought the boat was a lot of fun and ran great breaking it in and after. Now I have rebuilt the Stock motor twice due to con rod failure(yes it was properly broken in each time according to the manufacturer instructions) I got tired of having to rebuild if the engine was pushed too hard. So I looked for anew option, and found these "Go Tech Marine" engines and bought one quite hastily, then tried to find parts. I was put in contact with Go Engine Marine and explained my situation. They took care of me and now I have an engine that has a warranty, and the help if I need it in the future.I have been more than impressed with the overall quality of this little engine.

After a quick teardown (out of sheer curiosity about the craftsmanship in the new motor) I found many pluses, this Go Engine has a huge water-cooled head, The piston sleeve lined up with the exhaust port in the block (less modifying, more time running!), I also found the outer block and carb to be superbly manufactured, with large fins for block strength and cooling and very little side- to-side play in the throttle body (rotary portion of the carb.)

Inside the engine is where the true beauty resides. A knifed con rod with much thicker rod ends compared to the stock AQU 18. I found much smoother bearings, overall more open in-block passages to the ports. In my opinion much cleaner block machining, and the crank intake. Some other nice touches were the one-piece pull start shaft vs. the two-piece held together with the setscrew(that could become dislodged and really Jack up your investment) plus there was and aluminum shim just inside the bushing before the one way bearing (I’m guessing for better block oil retention). The pull starter is really beefed up and a solid unit, with a nice retainer so that it doesn’t “spring out” when removing it from the engine for cleaning or inspection.

On to testing….

I followed the instructions provided with the new engine, broke her in and all I gotta say is WOW. I used Sidewinder 30% for the break in process (6-8 tanks). I was running a 42mm Graupner K series Carbon prop. The engine came to life on the first pull, even after cooling between intervals, very impressive. I ended up running for a total of three hours in calm waters except for the occasional "big boat" waves, which was also a lot of fun. Very easy idle speed, and at the top end I could barely keep the hull on the water. At the end of “testing” I got her sitting pretty at 175-180 degrees and just a tad under two turns out HSN. What a screamer! The best part is I only went through 3/4 gallon of fuel. Much less fuel wasted out the exhaust.

If you are looking for a replacement or an upgrade engine, I would highly recommend Go Engine Marine. Find a US distributor(or respective country) so your engine will have paperwork and warranty! They should really give OS and others a run for less money, and yet retain high quality.

<a href="http://go-enginemarine.com/engines.html" target="_blank">http://go-enginemarine.com/engines.html</a>

Also for a better explanation of the differences between the true Go Engine marine and the Go Tech. Marine(Ebay Motors) see this link

<a href="http://www.go-enginemarine.com/uploads/Go_..._Difference.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.go-enginemarine.com/uploads/Go_..._Difference.pdf</a>
This has troll written all over it mr. Freeze. First you say your a newbie. Then you talk about engine modifications. I've never known a newbie to purchase thier first RTR and have any clue about engine mods. But I could be wrong. Although, you continue your post with a link directly to James' website. Were not fooled. Go back to RTRZone. lol. I agree the engines are better than a stock aqua, but then again, I don't know of one that is worse. The sales pitch is just a little much. I'd find it more creditable if you didn't quote James word for word.

Why is it we've seen this movie before, I'm just not into reruns at the moment. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a realatively new member to this "community", and I may not have umteen years of "racing" experience, but what I do have is the what most have started out like, young exposure to the RC hobby industry, mainly through my aunt and uncle who got me interested into Boats, Cars and Trucks, though they now like the planes and Heli's now. I wanted to get back into the hobby so I purchased a SV27 nitro last year, Yes it is an RTR, but I did it that way because my job and being a newlywed, didn't allow for the time to build a kit "the old fashioned way" as my uncle put it. I thought the boat was a lot of fun and ran great breaking it in and after. Now I have rebuilt the Stock motor twice due to con rod failure(yes it was properly broken in each time according to the manufacturer instructions) I got tired of having to rebuild if the engine was pushed too hard. So I looked for anew option, and found these "Go Tech Marine" engines and bought one quite hastily, then tried to find parts. I was put in contact with Go Engine Marine and explained my situation. They took care of me and now I have an engine that has a warranty, and the help if I need it in the future.I have been more than impressed with the overall quality of this little engine.

On to testing….

This has troll written all over it mr. Freeze. First you say your a newbie. Then you talk about engine modifications. I've never known a newbie to purchase thier first RTR and have any clue about engine mods. But I could be wrong. Although, you continue your post with a link directly to James' website. Were not fooled. Go back to RTRZone. lol. I agree the engines are better than a stock aqua, but then again, I don't know of one that is worse. The sales pitch is just a little much. I'd find it more creditable if you didn't quote James word for word.
Hey bud I don't even know who Mr. Freeze is, I was just simply trying to say that these engines are worth every penny and shared my experience, and as far as James is concerned, I have never been done wrong by him with any parts that I have ordered(and I've gotten them as promised I might add). I feel a very biased place this is and may stop looking in the wrong waters for helpful information, as a realtively new boater. I have been into Cars and Trucks since I was about 12 yrs old, yes i bought my first Boat at 31, so what does that give you the right to flame me assuming that I am someone else? Thanks for the words of encouragement. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back