torn rotater cuff

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

got the bad news today , my shoulder pain is a torn rotator cuff , not sure how i did it, i always sleep on my left side , maybe that did it , how long will recovery take ?....thanks....bob

My dad tore his, and was told it would not heal completely without surgery. He went to physical therapy for a few months which lessened the pain, and now just lives with the rest of the pain. His has been torn for over 2 years now. Now, I dont know how bad yours is torn, but his was torn very badly. He fell off the top rung on a 10 ft ladder when it broke, and landed square on his shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was off 3 months,keep taking your meds and do exactly what the rehab folks tell you to do. Im a mechanic and have full movement but know a lot of guys that cant raise there arm over there head. I can tell you I was in pain for over 2 months but when I went back to work it went back to normal quickly

My dad tore his, and was told it would not heal completely without surgery. He went to physical therapy for a few months which lessened the pain, and now just lives with the rest of the pain. His has been torn for over 2 years now. Now, I dont know how bad yours is torn, but his was torn very badly. He fell off the top rung on a 10 ft ladder when it broke, and landed square on his shoulder.
at this time i don't how bad the tear is , i will be getting a mri soon , my range of movement is about a 1/3 of normal range....l ooks like my boating season is over before it began...bob

I was off 3 months,keep taking your meds and do exactly what the rehab folks tell you to do. Im a mechanic and have full movement but know a lot of guys that cant raise there arm over there head. I can tell you I was in pain for over 2 months but when I went back to work it went back to normal quickly
thanks for the advise and encouragement....bob

I just tore mine (while I presume sleeping), and it took 5 months before it felt 80%, and I am on month 7 and I still feel it if I extend my arm fully (like playing pool).

got the bad news today , my shoulder pain is a torn rotator cuff , not sure how i did it, i always sleep on my left side , maybe that did it , how long will recovery take ?....thanks....bob
Torn Rotator & Broke arm @ the same time took me about a year. Motorcycle won I lost.... All the doctor would say was Holy Sxit... I About sxit myself trying to get it onto a X- Ray table for just a few shots........ I was eating pain pills Loratab like eating M & M`s & Only lost about 1 1/2 days work in all..... it does not heal in a Hurry & a Ton of HOT water will help it loosen back up when you can use it again. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back