Tommy Lee 7.5 leecraft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary R. Woods

Does anyone have a picture of what this hull looks like....A person here in town has one for sale in very

Good condition...would it still be competitive.....thanks Gary

Does anyone have a picture of what this hull looks like....A person here in town has one for sale in very

Your best place for info on this subject will be Ron Shaw,,, I'm not quite sure why he hasn't jumped all over this already?????

He must be in the "Rest Room"

Buddy..this is the same hull I have....the one the for sale does not look like this...my first thought is that it resembles a lap cat...should have taken a picture....all of this yet it has a small Leecraft decal on it .....

Gary, get a picture of the boat. Tommy made some one-off boats that would be great to get a hold of.

I have Tommy's "one off" boats. I believe the boat you are talking about is the boat tommy made before the XT460. It looked like the full size boat that Tommy's brother David was making in the 70s and 80s. I used to run the full size version.

Your best place for info on this subject will be Ron Shaw,,, I'm not quite sure why he hasn't jumped all over this already?????

He must be in the "Rest Room"

Hahaha. You gotta love Ricky!!!... :)

Gary,

To answer your question, yes, LeeCraft Tunnels will always be competitive and are still available new at leecraftracing.com. Just a quick scan of the record books and you will see 20 year old records by Tommy that still stand today, and that was with K&B's. Look at my signature below using a boat I had in storage for 17 years..... :) I built a brand new 460 over the winter that with the help of the new NR 46, is heat racing over 62 mph.

If you get a moment post a pic of the hull. Sounds like you have the pre-460 version like this:

null_zpsfccfa338.jpg

Tommy built a 3.5 and 7.5 version of this hull with two different cowl configurations. The pic above shows the last variation with the first having a flat cockpit area and a flatter cowl with a hump at the rear to direct air around the engine. This earlier version design was not as dominating as his newer XT hulls. I know Mic H from Fla has the 7.5 moulds and with changes made by Mic, (he and his son Jay still run them today), they are always in the hunt for a win. I have the 3.5 moulds. I hope this answers your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron

Don't forget to mention that I sold you Tommy's one-off 21 oval tunnel. It is a work of art, like all Tommy's boats. It was copied to make the Proboat tunnel. I am working on an updated version of Tommy's 45 oval boat. It will have a fiberglass center section w/ bolt-on WOF sponsons. I also have the rights to make the newer Lee Tunnel , like the full size boat that Terry Rinker runs. I will be very busy!

Ron

Don't forget to mention that I sold you Tommy's one-off 21 oval tunnel. It is a work of art, like all Tommy's boats. It was copied to make the Proboat tunnel. I am working on an updated version of Tommy's 45 oval boat. It will have a fiberglass center section w/ bolt-on WOF sponsons. I also have the rights to make the newer Lee Tunnel , like the full size boat that Terry Rinker runs. I will be very busy!
Yes Bob. That boat is definitely a work of art. I am so glad you and Rod were able to restore it back to its original form. Keep us updated with your progress on your newer projects. I saw the pics of your new shop. You will have plenty of room to work on them for sure........ :)

Yes Bob. That boat is definitely a work of art. I am so glad you and Rod were able to restore it back to its original form. Keep us updated with your progress on your newer projects. Are you going to make the bolt-on straightaway and oval sponson I saw the pics of your new shop. You will have plenty of room to work on them for sure........ :)

Latest posts

Back