To drill or not to drill, that is the question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark McCray

Looking for advice here. Have a new Speedmaster 40 mono that I am putting a modified Mac 45 in with a one of Andys parabolic pipes. The question is, do I dill out the pipe to be the same size as the stingers ID or not? Looking for your advise here.

Thanks

An if you have time try this question. Scale flys at full throttle but if I have to go to mid range it takes a long time, and a corner to get it back on pipe. Is it the prop or the pipe length?

Thanks for your advise again.

Looking for advice here. Have a new Speedmaster 40 mono that I am putting a modified Mac 45 in with a one of Andys parabolic pipes. The question is, do I dill out the pipe to be the same size as the stingers ID or not? Looking for your advise here.

Thanks

An if you have time try this question. Scale flys at full throttle but if I have to go to mid range it takes a long time, and a corner to get it back on pipe. Is it the prop or the pipe length?

Well I run my 45 parabolic drilled to the stinger i.d. & so does everyone that I know who runs that pipe. I've heard of one or two being run undrilled but that's all. Now you could experiment with drilling it up in increments & see how the boat reacts. As for the scale what is the pipe, it's length & what prop?

Thanks

Well I run my 45 parabolic drilled to the stinger i.d. & so does everyone that I know who runs that pipe. I've heard of one or two being run undrilled but that's all. Now you could experiment with drilling it up in increments & see how the boat reacts. As for the scale what is the pipe, it's length & what prop?
Not everyone you know has them drilled. ;) I just switched to a MAC in my 40 mono. I set the pipe to the length Andy recommends and then played with props til I found one the engine was happy with. Didn't drill anything. Maybe drilling would make it faster, but I'm pretty happy with how it's running so far.

Ok ... almost everyone. :p

[/qu Try it first if it gets too hot drill it a little at a time. Motors like heat too much is a problem. My 20 pipe is drilled the next size up a nova likes to cook. My 40 pipe is drilled all the way picco power. Best advise is try it if you dont like it drill till it makes you are your boat HAPPY

Drilled a New Parobolic 45 I got from Gary last nite. 23/64..... 8 3/4 to 9 pipe length on a Rigger. Don the paroblic pipes seem to allow you to get a little more prop launched with a high timing engine.... have you experienced this?

Drilled a New Parobolic 45 I got from Gary last nite. 23/64..... 8 3/4 to 9 pipe length on a Rigger. Don the paroblic pipes seem to allow you to get a little more prop launched with a high timing engine.... have you experienced this?
Yes I have to a certain degree. B)

Do you drill to the larger stinger size that was offered or the smaller?

It probably does not matter for the most part but the smaller diameter is definitely the way to go.

Back