Thunderboat Rolls Royce dummy engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
Has anyone out there come up with a kit for a decent looking Rolls for thunderboats?

Larry Kraemer is working on it but nothing will be available until next spring.

Has anyone out there come up with a kit for a decent looking Rolls for thunderboats?
Mike ive seen a few nice ones but you need to ask over on Jims Rc boat Dock Eddie Hanson has a nice driver,steering wheel and pipes for under cowl versions Mike

Mike ive seen a few nice ones but you need to ask over on Jims Rc boat Dock Eddie Hanson has a nice driver,steering wheel and pipes for under cowl versions Mike
Thanks Mike, I"ll ask around in there. Unforunatly I'm going to build the Karlsen 71, 72 U-1 Bud and the mill is in the open. It will be nice to have the real boat just down the road in Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum for reference.

Thanks again for coming out for the NW Scale race.

Thanks Mike, I"ll ask around in there. Unforunatly I'm going to build the Karlsen 71, 72 U-1 Bud and the mill is in the open. It will be nice to have the real boat just down the road in Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum for reference.

Thanks again for coming out for the NW Scale race.

I am also interested in getting a Merlin dummy engine for my Zip Kit Thunderboat.Please post if anyone comes up with a

source.

There is a similiar post on the Dock under:for sale items...

Harvey

1/6th scale Allsion dummy engine: http://www.classichydros.com/index.htm I have been looking for a 1/6th scale Merlin for my T-boat project. I have seen pictures of some on built boats so someone has made them.
Josh-
The one you posted a link to is balsa dont think it will take a blowover have one but will only use it for show. Any one ever find Eddie Hanson i think he has some now? I talked to Eddie he has not had time to scale one up

Last edited by a moderator:
1/6th scale Allsion dummy engine: http://www.classichydros.com/index.htm I have been looking for a 1/6th scale Merlin for my T-boat project. I have seen pictures of some on built boats so someone has made them.
Josh-
The one you posted a link to is balsa dont think it will take a blowover have one but will only use it for show. Any one ever find Eddie Hanson i think he has some now? I talked to Eddie he has not had time to scale one up
How about if I looked into basswood and ply instead? I will contact my laser cutter about it. I can switch woods on theses kits if needed. I'm also coming out with a Merlin later this month.

Josh-
How about if I looked into basswood and ply instead? I will contact my laser cutter about it. I can switch woods on theses kits if needed. I'm also coming out with a Merlin later this month.

I just talked with my laser cutter. I will be substituting ply for the thin material and keep 1/4 balsa for thick material. With a good epoxy seal on the balsa, they should be pretty tough and I think could be used in running.

I just talked with my laser cutter. I will be substituting ply for the thin material and keep 1/4 balsa for thick material. With a good epoxy seal on the balsa, they should be pretty tough and I think could be used in running.

Sounds good to me.

Dave

Latest posts

Back