Thunderboat Reproductions - Dick Caspari

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6init

Hey all,

Back in 2002 I ordered a 1/8th 1994 Budweiser hull from Troy Mcintyre(RIP). I received this hull 2 years later (2004ish), and immediately sent it to Dick Caspari of Thunderboat Reproductions to have him prep and paint the hull, as well as install much of the hardware. Dick still has my hull, and I dont think it is very close to completion. I know Dick has had many health issues, and I have tried to be very patient. I used to e-mail Dick every few months to check in, and see if there had been any progress with my boat. However, it has been at lease 6 months since I have heard back from Dick, with several e-mails gone unanswered.

I am beginning to worry because he not only has my brand new hull, but also $500 I paid up front to cover some costs.

I am not writing on here to blast Dick, I just wanted to see if anyone knows him, or knows how he is doing? Is he still working on boats? If anyone has been in contact with him, will you have him contact me, and give me an update on my boat? Every summer that comes and goes, I grow more impatient! I cant wait to get my boat back! It may be best at this point to have him send me my hull, and I can finish it through other means...or does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help

Adam LaVigna

707-338-2516

[email protected]

Hey all,
Back in 2002 I ordered a 1/8th 1994 Budweiser hull from Troy Mcintyre(RIP). I received this hull 2 years later (2004ish), and immediately sent it to Dick Caspari of Thunderboat Reproductions to have him prep and paint the hull, as well as install much of the hardware. Dick still has my hull, and I dont think it is very close to completion. I know Dick has had many health issues, and I have tried to be very patient. I used to e-mail Dick every few months to check in, and see if there had been any progress with my boat. However, it has been at lease 6 months since I have heard back from Dick, with several e-mails gone unanswered.

I am beginning to worry because he not only has my brand new hull, but also $500 I paid up front to cover some costs.

I am not writing on here to blast Dick, I just wanted to see if anyone knows him, or knows how he is doing? Is he still working on boats? If anyone has been in contact with him, will you have him contact me, and give me an update on my boat? Every summer that comes and goes, I grow more impatient! I cant wait to get my boat back! It may be best at this point to have him send me my hull, and I can finish it through other means...or does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help

Adam LaVigna

707-338-2516

[email protected]
Dick called me about 3 weeks ago. Here was looking for some info on a O Boy Oberto he was working on. So he was working on boats 3 weeks ago? Doug

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 2004 ish ???

WOW, no bash at Dick or anyone involved- but your a heck of a lot more patient than me Adam ;)

Good Luck.

The UPS man usually knows when I'm lucky enough to get something new, cause I'm on the front porch waiting on him :p

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the responses. I got a pm form another member (forgot the name) and he supplied me with a number for Dick. I will try him this evening.

I know Dick isn't trying to pull anything over on me, I just wanted to make sure he was OK, and was still working on boats. Thanks again!!

<_< I think I heard a splash... I hope you all the best where do you live? I think a road trip may be in order.

I know Dick for many years now. I know he is struggling with his health for the last 2 yrs. I think that is more important to hem and his wife Helena right now! Be patient.

Well, since I posted this about a month ago, I have called and e-mailed Dick several times, and still heard nothing from him. If anyone speaks with him, will you please ask him to contact me?! He has my info already, but just in case...

I think it is time to have Dick send back my boat and I will complete it myself.

Adam LaVigna

707-338-2516

[email protected]

Thanks,

Well, since I posted this about a month ago, I have called and e-mailed Dick several times, and still heard nothing from him. If anyone speaks with him, will you please ask him to contact me?! He has my info already, but just in case...
I think it is time to have Dick send back my boat and I will complete it myself.

Adam LaVigna

707-338-2516

[email protected]

Thanks,
Your too impaitent man!! 2 more years and that baby is yours. ;)

I ordered a boat from him about 15 years ago and got it within 6 months but other than Don Ferrette I don't know of anyone else who got theirs any sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam LaVigna

707-338-2516

[email protected]

Thanks,
Your too impaitent man!! 2 more years and that baby is yours. ;)

I ordered a boat from him about 15 years ago and got it within 6 months but other than Don Ferrett I don't know of anyone else who got theirs any sooner.
Mine was made in 4 months and shipped to the Netherlands!!!! 9years ago!! :D I have sent him an email several minutes ago and expect to receive an answer in 24hrs. I'll aks him tomorrow to contact you.

A year is long enough to wait let alone 4 years best thing to do is if you ever can get in touch with him get your money back and get brian blazers thunderboat

Waiting one year is long enough but 4 years is terrible my suggestion is if you ever can get a hold of him get your money back and get Brian Blazers boat real nice one i have seen a couple of Dicks boats here in fla what a nightmare they had to rebuild the whole thing.

Waiting one year is long enough but 4 years is terrible my suggestion is if you ever can get a hold of him get your money back and get Brian Blazers boat real nice one i have seen a couple of Dicks boats here in fla what a nightmare they had to rebuild the whole thing.
Any posts on this forum will not solve your problem. If a phone call or letter wont fix it then its road trip time. I know Dick has had health problems,try a registered letter. Then you will know if he is at least listening to you.

well guys i have some bad news and good news. I spoke to Dick last week he is still building boats, he said my pringles boat should be done soon he was waiting on the graphics and finish the paint (almost three years) As far as his health he had surgery on one of his eyes and is almost blind in the eye he says everything look fuzzy out of that eye. I hope he regains better vision hate to see anyone with health problems and for so more bad news he said he turned 63 ? and that he was going to slow down a bit.

well guys i have some bad news and good news. I spoke to Dick last week he is still building boats, he said my pringles boat should be done soon he was waiting on the graphics and finish the paint (almost three years) As far as his health he had surgery on one of his eyes and is almost blind in the eye he says everything look fuzzy out of that eye. I hope he regains better vision hate to see anyone with health problems and for so more bad news he said he turned 63 ? and that he was going to slow down a bit.
he was going to slow down a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he was going to slow down a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope the best for Dick,dont know him never met him. Even with all the bad things going around about him he has contributed much to the scale class. As with Troys stuff id like to see it continue........I hope if he quits he at least passes the molds to someone who will move forward. But remember this is a hobby be it expensive its just a hobby no one is getting rich................

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. I feel very bad for Dick, and wish him nothing but a speedy recovery. At this point, I would just like to get my boat sent back, and whatever of my $500 that I can. I wish no ill feelings towards Dick. He should be concentrating on his health.

I will continue to try and contact him, but if anyone speaks with him, will you please ask him that I just want my boat returned. Also, if he could call or e-mail me back, that would be great.

Thanks again for all the help!

Adam LaVigna

32 Upland Dr.

Petaluma, CA

707-338-2516

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. I feel very bad for Dick, and wish him nothing but a speedy recovery. At this point, I would just like to get my boat sent back, and whatever of my $500 that I can. I wish no ill feelings towards Dick. He should be concentrating on his health.
I will continue to try and contact him, but if anyone speaks with him, will you please ask him that I just want my boat returned. Also, if he could call or e-mail me back, that would be great.

Adam LaVigna

32 Upland Dr.

Petaluma, CA

707-338-2516
I had last week several emails from him, So I don't understand it.

Adam LaVigna

32 Upland Dr.

Petaluma, CA

707-338-2516
I had last week several emails from him, So I don't understand it.
Does he owe you anything?

That may be the difference

I finally received an e-mail response from Dick. I had asked him to send back my hull as-is, and I would finish the work on my own. He said he and his wife have been in poor health, and has not been able to work on the boat. He said he would resume work on the boat in January.

I just sent him another e-mail, and requested he send back the boat as-is. I also said I would buy some hardware and misc. parts from him, that he could include with my hull. I told him to add up his time invested as well as the requested parts, and take that from the $500 deposit I gave him.

I hope to hear back from him again, and hope he doesn't resist sending back my hull. I just feel that with his health and family issues, he has more important things to do, and I dont want to continue going nowhere.

I will keep you all updated, and thanks again for the help!

Adam

Back