throttle cable

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a kb .45 outboard which is about 15 years old,or more,it has been up for the last 15 years.What I've seen on the net is where they're puting the throttle cable now,It looks like they're going straight back.From what I was told,the cable came around the back of the engine,and made half a loop,Are they doing something different now.Like going straight back with a loop.If possable I would like to have or see a pic of a cable set up.Thanks les plus it is on a dumas hot shot or sprint it's from dumas.Another thing is I was looking at the clutch system from abrc.I saw it on youtube I would like to know how good it is.Another thanks les

no loop needed. run the cable straight back, secure the outer housing to the motor mount lug with a bracket or clamp & connect the inner cable to the carb arm with a standard cable quick connecter. os makes a nice ob throttle cable clamp/holder. set up your servo so you pull to close the throttle, safer that way B) . you can loosen the carb arm screw & position the carb arm down & set the servo direction on your transmitter to make it work. be sure to allow enough slack in the setup for turning, & run the outer cable housing into the radio box as close to the servo as possible, without interfering with travel. you may have to mount/brace the outer sleeve inside the box to hold it, but this will help the cable to operate without bowing. too much distance between the end of the outer cable housing/sleeve & the servo arm can let the inner cable bend/bow, since it is pulled out as far as it will at idle & has to push to open the throttle. pulling is the more positive direction, & should be used to close the throttle, for safety reasons B) .

I have a kb .45 outboard which is about 15 years old,or more,it has been up for the last 15 years.What I've seen on the net is where they're puting the throttle cable now,It looks like they're going straight back.From what I was told,the cable came around the back of the engine,and made half a loop,Are they doing something different now.Like going straight back with a loop.If possable I would like to have or see a pic of a cable set up.Thanks les plus it is on a dumas hot shot or sprint it's from dumas.Another thing is I was looking at the clutch system from abrc.I saw it on youtube I would like to know how good it is.Another thanks les
Les,

I noticed that when the cable came straight back, left & right movements of the lower unit caused the throttle's position to change. Placing the cables movement so that it is parallel to the pivot's center line eliminates this. The photos show right & left movements of the lower unit without any movement of the throttle barrel.

Jim Allen

I have mine straight back, just make sure enough slack is in between L&R movment of the lower and tube is secured good on both ends and your carb barrel will not move....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back