Thinning West system

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Brady

Hello, I was wondering if you can this west system epoxy and if so with what? I am blueprinting the bottom of a VS-1 and I need to reseal it but I dont want to put a thick layer of epoxy on, I want to keep my sharp edges. Thanks for any tips.

Denatured alky works best,you can make it thin like water. Try it with a small amount of alky mix the epoxy good first

I find that thinning any epoxy with a solvent will make the epoxy somewhat soft. I would not thin it but rather hit the epoxy with a heat gun then spread it with an old credit card.

I find that thinning any epoxy with a solvent will make the epoxy somewhat soft. I would not thin it but rather hit the epoxy with a heat gun then spread it with an old credit card.
I have built several boats using this for sealing not construction. For sealing it works great. For building use it full strength

According to West Systems, you can use Denatured Alcohol, Laquer Thinner, or Acetone. They recommend no more than 10% reduction.

Thanks guys, I have laquer thinner and denatured alcohol on hand so I will try one of those. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back