The NEW NEW VS1 FE Tunnel hull build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,
We will be lining up for that cowl.

All the best,

Ray

Awesome, Thanks. Well, I have already taken two orders. Whenever you are ready for one, just let me know. I will be posting finished pics as soon as I get the first order finished. He wants his painted Kandy Tangerine, so I will definitely be showing that off! The second just needs it primed, so nothing special to show there, lol. Thanks for the positive words tho! Mike

Had to make a post to see if my new Avatar would update...

Dang, isnt working...

HAHA, there, its working now...Nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with this new hull, still using the grim prop stock, hit 46mph on the radar today. The fastest my other vs1 pulled was 44mph. I need to mod this prop soon, and get a gps!

Mike,

Just picked up this Herb Stewart hull. 29.5 ", solid, heavy & looks somewhat easier to convert to FE than some others. Would your cowl work; the opening is a little wide for the VS-1 cowl but it can "stretch-to-fit" You can see in the picture that the VS-1 cowl is @ 2.75" shorter. No rush; got other builds first & may not build it for a while or sell it or ?

Regards,

Tony

DSC01059.JPG

DSC01060.JPG

Proper, pull a measurement from stern to the spot where the cowl clamps to the center former at the front. My cowling mold is actually like 2 inches longer than the VS1 cowl as I designed it for my personal hull originally. My cowl is actually about a 1/4" wider than the OEM VS1 cowl, so it sounds like it will be about perfect. Let me know, you can PM or email me at [email protected] once you get those measurements, Mike

Back