The NEW NEW VS1 FE Tunnel hull build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I had another build thread of my first VS1, and this is my new VS1 with some design changes. Its still UL-1 powered with Turnigy 120a speed control. The main differences being the way the radio box is done. I changed it mainly to avoid using so much radio box tape every time I change battery packs! Also, if you look at the steerin cables, I redid my whole thinking on this one. There is an 1/8" brass tube running the length of the steering cable to protect the cable, and protect the batterys from being "filed" by the cable if the battery shifted. Also, I am unveiling my first Epoxy cowling pulled from my mold. I will be using both the Blue/white OEM cowling, and the one I designed. I think it looks pretty cool. Its in primer right now. I will have it finished hopefully by weeks end! Enjoy the pics, Mike

Video Link:

forsale008Large.jpg

forsale009Large.jpg

forsale010Large.jpg

forsale011Large.jpg

forsale012Large.jpg

forsale013Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the mold, so I can make them all day long! They actually come out of the mold about 2" longer, as I built it originally for a custom 30" tunnel I designed..But once trimmed down, it fits the VS1 really nice! If you were wanting one for a VS1, I can trim it all out for you. The cowl is fully epoxy resin. I use MAS epoxys, with 6oz cloth, 2 layers. I will sell them for $35 shipped to anyone interested. Turn around time would be a few days. I will probably make a few during the next week or so anyways to try and test the waters. Let me know, Mike

Nice looking build by the way.

I sent you a PM. Do you have a stock one laying around? I will take the other one if not. Do you take paypal?

Mike,

If you would build me one of those cowls for a VS 1, I would appreciate it. Very nice build, by the way, Keep us posted on how she does. Ken

Hey Ken, I was just about to put your engine in the mail. Would you like me to hold it until I get a cowling made? Let me know. Either way is fine, but it is boxed and ready! Also, what boat are you wanting this cowl for? If its a VS1, I will go ahead and cut it out, if not, I will leave it uncut for you. Just let me know! Mike

Mike, looking good ! You're a fast worker [ takes me way long to do a VS-1]. The blue/white cowl Pops, how 'bout a red pinstripe ? The new cowl is sharp, like to see one painted. Are you sure about that SC to battery connector? Give us some run reports. Wish we lived closer, love to run together ; these boats rock in heat racing !

Regards, Tony

Tony, Thanks for the props! I will have the cowl done by the end of the week. I have to make two more, so I am going to do them all at once. I am going to probably do a black pinstripe I think. Not sure yet..Some stripe will go there tho, but I just painted it and wanted the paint to cure a little first. The battery connector is a Traxxas and so far I have been REALLY pleased with the quality of them, and my ESC seems to run a lot cooler with them vs. the Deans connectors I was using. Wiring is staying very cool too. I just got 5-Zippy 5000mah, 20c 4s1p and 3 more (for a total of 5 in my stable) Zippy 5000mah, 30c 4s1p battery's in the mail today. My 3rd TP 610c charger should arrive later in the week too so I can handle charging all this stuff! Can you say happy, and RUNTIME! The 20c's will probably be used more in my Titan 29 as a 4s2p setup, but I am going to give them a try in the VS1 to see how hot they get. The 30c's dont break a sweat so I hope the 20c's will be ok. We will see, I will keep this updated as I log some data! Mike

Mike, I think you'll be really happy with the 30C Zippys. I'd previously been running the VS-1 with some Elite 5300's that've been run hard. The new Zippy was like a whole 'nother thing ! Added several MPH & started to fly the hull. Looked so cool. I'll try to get some vid; just got a new vidcam. BTW, coincidentally, I also have a Titan 29 now rigged for LSO that I got from David Kingston a few years ago; you may know him as F-1 Tunnelhull :)

Tony

Yeah, i already had 2 of the 30c packs, and just got in the other 3-30c packs, and 5-20c packs. I have been very impressed with the 30c's so far..not to mention the price! I have not met David Kingston yet. What motor/esc setup do you have in your titan 29? I am running a turnigy 120a marine esc and feigao 8xl 2073kv motor running 4s2p. We clocked it at 49mph on radar the other day. I cannot wait to get a GPS to see what its really doing!

Mike, used to "play" with the Titan with a 9XL / Hydra LV 240 / X442 & 4S2P Neu 4100's. Probably 50 +. Go to YouTube, search : Tony's P-Mono ; rippin' it up + blowover :lol: I rigged it for the Nat's LSO class last year with the SV 27 powerplant & ran it with that setup at WW V also. Actually ran it as such in P-Offshore also so as not to sacrifice my DF 33 P-Mono ; As predicted it got punched by another boat & nearly sank with a BIG hole in the bottom. A quick Bondo resin gel patch & she made the next heat ! :lol:

Tony

Still wish that i had that boat. It was always so quick and easy to drive.

That you-tube video brings back some good memories.

spoonefcrx

An 8Xl with a 640, 440 prop on the VS1 will haul.

Use to run a 8Xl with 640 on 12cells (avatar) on my mod e-villain. Great boat. With lipo it will be super quick.

Dave

Mike, You nailed it, Bro ! Hull flies nice, corners flat ! Thanks for the vid; made my morning. Tomorrow's my day, I'll try for some video. Tunnels ROCK ! :lol:

Tony

Back