THE NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB), Charleston, SC, had a club meeting today and voted to host next year's tunnel race at our lake near Walterboro, SC. This race will be held on March 24th and 25th, 2007 and will be called by a new name:

The NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS

We will have our traditional classes of:

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

Sport D Tunnel

D Tunnel

E/F Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Offshore

Mod-VP

In addition, we expect to be adding the following classes depending upon sufficient entries:

GAS OB class

Fast Electric (FE)

1/4 Scale

Will also continue our tradition of the fastest lap competition for B and D tunnels.

The CMB club has held the ONLY all tunnel championships in North America the past 2 years. We are now going to open it up to all types tunnels regardless of their power plant and truly turn the race into a NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We are releasing the race information early to allow for the necessary planning for those that want to come, particularily those coming a long distance. James (Gabe) Clegg from Germany and Ronald van Essen, aka MORON, are planning to attend next year's race and already have their leave scheduled. We also have a Aussie racer from down under that has been in contact with me for several weeks who has indicated he wants to come as well. The race will have an international flavor as well. Plan ahead as you tunnel heads do not want to miss it, the only NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS being held.

For those that did not attend this year's race, you can look at the website from that race located at:

2006 CMB Tunnel Race Website

John Knight

CMB President

Last edited by a moderator:
Yehaaaaaah !!!!I already have parts on the way.For my winter projects.Both being tunnel hulls just for this race.Come on Ron.Where are you.Q tunnel is gonna rock !!!.So one more time.I dont remember.What are the speeds of a 45 tunnel?

Dennis, that depends on who you ask and how much beer they have had to drink. A safe (honest) average of a good running .45 boat is about 52-55 mph.

~ James

Latest posts

Back