The Lynx - Shaman - Warhead Molds - FOR SALE -

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd sure like to see these get into Brian Buaas' hands! Imagine these made from vacuum bagged epoxy glass or carbon... Not sure if he's interested or not, but I'll forward this link anyhow, just in case.
The current molds are not suitable for vacuum bagging. Ask me how I know; I tried to make it work for over a year with no success. The hull design requires CSM, and that means styrene based resin to get the mat binder to release. The molds were in great condition when I had them, but just not suitable for vacuum bagged epoxy layup. The hulls that I saw from Ron after my attempt were beautiful. It's just too bad that I can't work with Styrene based resins.

Someone will get a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wish I had an idea of what the magic number is that Carl is thinking of... it would let me know if I could play or wish someone else luck! I have a glass guy who could do them with ease, and I have bought molds in the past, but no idea where the price range for these things (these three in particular) is.

~ James

Just wish I had an idea of what the magic number is that Carl is thinking of... it would let me know if I could play or wish someone else luck! I have a glass guy who could do them with ease, and I have bought molds in the past, but no idea where the price range for these things (these three in particular) is.

~ James
James,

If he is working on three new designs, that makes these an even better value. I think $1000-2000 per mold is where they will end up. $5000 for all three would be a good deal both ways. Just because he may be working on new designs, these are all tried and proven hulls and will be competitive for years to come, just like my LeeCrafts.... ;)

Go for it Gabe. If you get them I will guarantee you your first order from each mold you get. That will at least pay for the freight of the molds!!!.... ;)

20k is what I heard, for what that's worth.
Wow!!!!!!......I don't want to say anything because it could be considered hyjacking Carl's thread, but run the numbers on how many boats you would have to build excluding COGS, to make that a profitable venture. They are all good designs and I wish him the best.

I heard rumours of what the charge was the rent them per month...so i can imagine 20K for all 3 would be what he is hoping for...but if someone is (silly enough) to pay that much i dunno

I guess you are paying for the R&D and race proven designs....

If you sold a boat to everybody that entered tunnels at the world tunnel champs you'd still be in the hole at that price , maybe the price is going to be less ,if not I think where going to lose some **** good boats,

Shane

Ron, you were gonna be my investor, you just didnt know it yet. I would be VERY surprised if these went for less than 5k per boat. I know what I could have purchased Mark Hopper's HTB business (just the boats, not pipes), and $20K wasnt even close. The numbers are certainly there, you just gotta figure out if you want to make it a true business (as it should be) or if you want to occasionally build a boat for a few guys. VERY few businesses (wish I knew the percentages) turn a profit in their second or third year, much less the first. Not turning a 'profit' as a business doesnt mean you dont get paid afterall.,.. It takes time to build an empire especially in such a small niche. Just ask Zaborowski.

The bonus of this kind of deal, is the name is already out there. At least, it is in the US anyway. One thing I learned from Oval Express (among other things) is there is such a HUGE potential in the rest of the world (believe it or not...) that with the right marketing and exposure, you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand with only one mold per hull, even if you made them as fast as possible, full time.

There is serious positive business potential here. There is also potential for a GREAT set of hulls to go the way of the Do-Do bird.

I hope it doesn't go the way of the latter.

~ James

I would have to be an investor only as you would not want to see the boats I would build from those molds!!!!!..... :eek:

I would probably forget to wax them properly or use the wrong type and "stick" a boat the first try. Nothing like seeing $$$$$$$ end up in a trash dump. I hope someone "bellies up to the table" on this one, as you and Shane both mentioned earlier it would be a shame to see these hulls disappear forever. I was hoping you were interested. You already have your first guaranteed order........ :D

Ron you have the cash...poney up!
Culhane,

This deal has your name all over it..... ;) Otto would never have problems getting another Lynx and I could get a Warhead to play around with...... :) We would both love ya for it..... ;)
I don't have 20k floating around.
I think $5000 will get all three of these molds. The big question, does Carl have others in the works????

I am not the guy who can build the boats, nor do I have the time to build them.

But I was thinking of buying one or more molds, but the price........

I would have to leave them with someone in the USA, since there is the market.

price range above 5000 is also out of my league...

Putting a price On these molds it hard. These boats are a proven design. From US1 thru world record holder it has done it all and still a winner today.

Julian

Still waiting on some pics,I just hope everyone involved gets a good deal.We all know the demand for these hulls,but some profit needs to be made by both/all parties involved.

i for one just want to be sure production continues

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. Things seemed to happen a lot faster just a few years ago...LOL

Anyway, here are the molds. A little dusty and lonely but still ready to get it done. I forgot to mention that the prototype Shaman mold has only pulled three boats. One for Rushing one for Talley and one for Drake. Drake won the 2004 Internats with his Prototype Shaman and Lynx. I am sure Mike Z ( Grimm) remembers that day LOL. Sorry Mike. :)

Anyway, I had a friend of mine take these pictures for me. My camera went south on me. If you would like to see these molds just let me know and I can arrange to meet you here and you can see them for yourself (anytime on or before the 25th of May). The day of the deadline I will be too busy to meet anyone. They still pull good parts just as they are. Due to no fault of Ron's, the current Warhead mold had a coupld of spots in the tooling gel that needed to be repaired while Drake had them but has pulled all of the Warhead boats he has built with no problems.

Ihad originally thought I would split up the molds but have decided to sell them all together. I don't have any bids for just just one of the molds at this point anyway so it is probably best to keep them together. I think that someone willing to buy them all is more likely to do something with them anyway.

Lynx.JPGShaman.JPGWarhead.JPG

Hey Carl,

Just to confirm, there are 5 total molds, (top, bottom, cowl)? Do the plugs used to make the molds still exist and if so, are they still available as well?

Thanks and good luck. We are all thankful for your contributions to the hobby.... ;)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. Things seemed to happen a lot faster just a few years ago...LOL

Anyway, here are the molds. A little dusty and lonely but still ready to get it done. I forgot to mention that the prototype Shaman mold has only pulled three boats. One for Rushing one for Talley and one for Drake. Drake won the 2004 Internats with his Prototype Shaman and Lynx. I am sure Mike Z ( Grimm) remembers that day LOL. Sorry Mike. :)

View attachment 37085View attachment 37086View attachment 37087

Truth is.. nothing but good memory’s for me man.. that was fun wasn’t it...

Guys.. Carl never sleeps.. his stuff as we know is top notch..

Whomever gets the molds PLEASE do them proud, get the boats on the market and in full force!

Grim

There are 3 complete models.

Lynx (1) deck mold (1) Hull mold (2) cowling molds & (1) prototype mold

Shaman (1) deck mold (1) Hull mold & (1) Prototype mold

Warhead (1) deck mold (1) Hull mold & (1) Prototype mold

& (1) shared cowling mold for the Shaman & Warhead

So the total is 12 molds.

Latest posts

Back