The dust & chips are flyin'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will bring S/J to Atlanta will make for a great Photo Shoot.... Excellent job my friend

Last edited by a moderator:
nope sorry the 94 is still better....better start over and this time take your time and concentrate.....step by step.... :D :D keep us posted we should run both at atlanta and we should take a picture of them side by side.....

nope sorry the 94 is still better....better start over and this time take your time and concentrate.....step by step.... :D :D keep us posted we should run both at atlanta and we should take a picture of them side by side.....
Just started shooting clear, between coats right now. Bought a new SATA Minijet 4 with a 1.2 tip just for clear. Note to self- settings will be different than the 1.0 tip gun. DOUH!!! :eek:

What Type and Brand paint do you use? What primer? Do you wet sand between primer coats?

What Type and Brand paint do you use? What primer? Do you wet sand between primer coats?
As follows-

PPG DZ-3 primer/surfacer. This is a pinhole & scratch filler that will get shot & most sanded off about 3 times.

PPG DP48LF white epoxy primer with 401 catalyst. Wet sanded with 320 & cleaned.

PPG Concept acrylic urethanes with DFX11 catalyst. Wet sanded with 600 & cleaned.

House of Kolors purple pearl on the S/J. No wet sanding.

Graphics applied.

PPG 2021 clear with DFX11 catalyst. 4 to 5 good coats 20 minutes between coats. After 48 hours wet sanded with 1000, then 1500, then 2000 followed by polishing with 3M Finesse-It & two coats of Mothers Carnuba wax.

B)

WOW! You are ... a CRAFTSMAN! Thanks (Love the pictures - very helpful for those trying to learn the craft!).

Since I've gotten a number of p/m's wanting to know when more pics are going up I added this one-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=770&pos=45

Things have been taking longer than planned (don't they always) & it will a 50/50 chance at best if this boat will make Atlanta. I had wanted to test this Sunday after our club race but I still have to wet sand & polish the cowl, tail feathers, small turbine tube cowl & the rear deck plate. If I don't get it in the water Sunday it's gonna be tight as next weekend is Easter leaving one weekend after that before the Springnats. And if it rains that weekend ......... :blink:

Since I've gotten a number of p/m's wanting to know when more pics are going up I added this one-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=770&pos=45

Things have been taking longer than planned (don't they always) & it will a 50/50 chance at best if this boat will make Atlanta. I had wanted to test this Sunday after our club race but I still have to wet sand & polish the cowl, tail feathers, small turbine tube cowl & the rear deck plate. If I don't get it in the water Sunday it's gonna be tight as next weekend is Easter leaving one weekend after that before the Springnats. And if it rains that weekend ......... :blink:

[/quote

Very nice work "as usual" Don - looks great. Good luck getting her done on time. On another note, any word about Dick's recovery ??

Well now it's time to get the new S/J dialed in, hopefully mother nature cuts me a break next weekend as it's my last chance to run before Springnats the following weekend. I'll shoot more outside "glamour shots" as soon as it warms back up, 36 degrees out when I took this one this morning. And to think a couple days ago it was in the 80's for 3 straight days. <_<

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=770&pos=46

Don,

The new SJs lookin great!

And that file 47 pic in your gallery is AWESOME too!

That pic looks absolutly real. It looks like you can just climb right into the cockpit and go.

It actually could be the real boat and you're just screwing with us too :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

But anyway,Great Pic and once again,a fantastic job on the build.

What gets me is he's going to race this boat...Don you are the man....alot more you know whats than i have...Awesome job though,,but then again,,, 94 s/j is a better job sorry dude.....

Don,

Fantastic work! I thought the pics of the 94 S/J's were good, but this is a beauty! Your work is an inspiration! Congrat's and good luck with her. Let us know how she runs.

Back