The Czar would be very proud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug I realized I missed uploading 8 images last night. A few more of the SloMo are up now. I don' know what the motor is but here is the picture

369908525_S2pa9-M.jpg

Jim

Great shots Jim! That Hurricane is one different looking hull. What's the engine in the Slo-Mo?

jim,

thank you for posting the hurricane photos. looks like another excellent restoration by roger and crew. yes, he would be very proud. roger was an amazing guy. he will be missed by many.

i noticed an intersting pic in your bardahl collection, the '67 with the new '68 headrest / fin cockpit cowl before the checkerboard paint job.

do you have any information regarding why the bardahl team changed headrest and fin in '68 ?

thank you,

dave w.

I don't really know all I know is that picture was I think during testing at Stan Sayers Pits before the paint job change. i do know one thing is that the orig 67 Bardahl cowl still exists and is on the Karelsen Bud the Hydro Museum has.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone

Jim Clark

jim,
thank you for posting the hurricane photos. looks like another excellent restoration by roger and crew. yes, he would be very proud. roger was an amazing guy. he will be missed by many.

i noticed an intersting pic in your bardahl collection, the '67 with the new '68 headrest / fin cockpit cowl before the checkerboard paint job.

do you have any information regarding why the bardahl team changed headrest and fin in '68 ?

thank you,

dave w.

Last edited by a moderator:
jim,

thank you for very interesting photos and information re the '67 and '68 bardahl cowls. i've always thought that the cowl on the '68 bud was probably the original '67 bardahl cowl. luckily that boat survives.

i've wondered about the various headrest / fin configurations seen on the karelsen rd nose unlimiteds. all look good but the one on the '68 bardahl checkerboard was probably most distinctive.

i wonder if the '67 / '68 bardahl actually raced with the new headrest BEFORE the checkerboard paint ?

if so, would make an interesting scale model.

thank you,

dave w.

Back