The Comfort Zone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I start with the three kids when I can bribe my youngest daughter to stay home. Then the following:Boat/s

Radio's

Folding Table

Tool box with fuel and other stuff.

reel and ball

prop box

spare parts box

game boy

Yu-gi-oh cards

Barbies

shovels, buckets

and last but not least if I have room Food and Water.

[/i]

:D :lol: :huh: :blink: :D :lol: :huh: :blink: :D :lol: :huh: :blink:

LOL

I'm looking to build a cart for my starting gear and tools. It's going to be the size of a wagon and have a slant front for the power panel, drawers for tools, built in battery and fuel storage, as well as a power inverter for the dremel and chargers that don't run on 12v.

Any one have picts of there carts? I would love to see them to get more ideas!

Boat

Fuel

Radio

:D

Sometimes I even bring the prop box :lol:

Tool box if I am going to be out there a while.

Fishing reel tennis ball comes in handy when the waters cold (or for mates)

Well, after going to the first couple of races you learn a lot about being prepared. Always take food and drink...snacks, soft drinks, whatever. Lots of paper towels and spray cleaner come in handy..always stuff to clean up and wipe down. Chairs, tables and raingear. Cargo trailer goes to the races with spare tire and extra wheel bearings and tools on board. I always try to have one spare ready to run boat and then enough engine stuff to replace/repair broken motors. When just going to test around here I leave the cargo trailer at home and take the retrieve boat. Still take something to drink and some spare props and flexshafts. Take dishsoap and paper towels to wash hands and clean up before driving home. Duct tape stays in my truck all the time. Someone actually published a book on all the things that you can repair/make with duct tape.

cool.. i'll have to remember some of those... maybe if i ever get off my bum and get the old support van running again i'll convert that for boats LOL so far it usally takes me only about 20 seconds to go from house to boating when i do run.. so i hardley ever have to remember anything.. makes it real easy ;)

-=Cy

Let me add, that our retrieve boat is in a locked chain link enclosure with a roof at the pond. We put a couple of wheels on the top of the transom so it can be rolled out by one person if need be. When we go racing, then we load up the trailer with all the essential gear. If any of you guys are going to the winternats, look for the Panama City Model Boaters trailer. It's not the biggest, but we travel light. :D

A little off subject, Has anybody ever had to deal with turtles? They can sure mess up a $50.00 prop. <_<

Turtles suck and should be destroyed :angry:

Many a good prop or rudder has been damaged due to those lovely little creatures.

I'm sure they do but I'm biased! This is not a turtle admiration website after all :p I don't really think the should be destroyed - thats a bit harsh. It does a lot of damage to the boat - I wonder what damage the turtle sustains?

What about those silly ducks that land right on the race course mid race?? Death wish I think.

Turtles will damage your props like a mother. There a killer here at my pond. It's in Golden Gate park and it's customery from a certain nationalities religion to release Turtles into a pond for good luck. Man, they Must have all the luck because me and my boys are ruining props! LOL

I plan to set out some turtle traps (live traps) and attempt to relocate the little buggers. I think it's illegal in FL to snuff out turtles. While racing at Mobil AL, One of our crew hit a 4'-5' alligator. Is'nt the south lovely <_< . Talkin about F'ing up hardware, plus the poor guy in the retrieve boat who had to deal with the P.O.ed pond lizard! But you know, I think we are our own worst enemy. While one of us was out picking up some boats, A boater luanched his 40 size mono, not realizing we were retreiving boats. he lost the radio signal and his boat promptly took of WFO, screamed all the way across the pond and torpedoed the retrieve boat, punching a huge hole right through the aluminum hull. My brother had to sit on the extreme back end of the boat to keep the hole out of the water and prevent the thing from sinking :lol: Moral of the story....PAY ATTENTION!

Built a trailer with the top as my retieval boat and use a weadeater to power it. Just have to fill the trailer with boats, tools and parts. Have six hulls and three running so far. Few extra parts and small collection of boating tools started so they can stay in the trailer.

Latest posts

Back