The Comfort Zone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Guy's

So how much stuff to you take with ya each time you run?

Always seems that what ya need is left back at the house. This will vary with how many boats you run, But in gereral what all to ya haul around ?

Some are obsessive bout this, always worry'n, A buddy of mine is this way, stuff in his box has been there three maybe four years never used it.

Gene :D

(This will be good info for any new guy's to the hobby we got checkin in too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha,Ha, Hey Don,

Well I can see what ya mean if you run multiple classes and such, Or goin to the Nats, But for practice or dial in's, the Saturday afternoon stuff........ :D

Hey guys, let me join in on this. This is what I take to the pond to play.

One card table (because I hate crouching on the ground).

A small tackle box for tools, tape and nuts and bolts.

A starter box with batteries and a starter.

An old cardboard four compartment fuel box to house my fuel and cleaning supplies.

A fishing pole and a tarp (for shade).

If I forget something, the house is 10 minutes away. :p

:p 8 X 12 trailer with racks for boats, cabinets for parts and supplies, folding tables and lets not forget a cooler for sodas and BEER. I race and don't like having my spairs 100's of miles away when I need them NOW !! Race trailer all the way. :D Scott

I do know one guy out west of me goes to the pond and to races in a motor coach, Just roll out the overhead and set up tables,

Ahhhhh.... Dat would be nice :D

Never have been able to back a trailer up worth a ****............ :wacko:

Boiled down I take:

Folding chair and small folding bench, like a B&D Workmate

Toolbox

Start/Carring box

Spare's box

Fuel and pump

Fishing rod or small inflatable rescue boat

And a note to any new guy's DO NOT EVER SWIM OUT TO RECOVER YOUR BOAT!!!!

Take a friend and just cast out with a Rod/Reel with a tennis ball and wind it in.

Since I don't race yet, all I bring besides my boats is a small tool box that has my starter battery & starter, & all my tools/spare parts, & my jug of fuel. Every place I have run, there is a retrieval boat of some sort. I don’t have a lot of stuff yet!! ;)

Here is what I bring for testing.

Boat/s

Radio/s

Folding Table

Tool box with head gauge, digi level, tweak board and other stuff.

Parts Box (purple Trinity Slot Works thing i won at a sot race one day)

Radar Gun

Note pad

Key to the retrieve boat

Fuel and pickle juice.

Food and Water... (I have been told that i eat allot)

Chair...? who has time to sit... :D

At the racers i bring stuff for sale, banners, Easy ups and chairs..(need time to sit) :D

I also like to bring a good racing friend...hard to beat a good launch/racing buddy..

O yea the trailer is the hot ticket when going to the races. Got to have a pull truck with lots of Skulls on it too..

Grimracer

I dont race, But i take spair parts in tool box.

Nuts, bolts, servos, gps.

Prop box.

radio

Starter box and it holds 2 gals of fuel and set up for 24 volts.

And i always forget something, but friend normally has it.

Might start carring a spair jr receiver, as my one got wet at last fun run and couldnt run boat anymore.

NT

It depends on what you call run. If just out to play, Leakin' Lena III and a fishing pole plus whatever else I can cram in the truck. To races, everything that I'll think that I might need and then some which is 4 toolboxes full of gear, whatever boats that we're racing, spare clothing for whatever the weather might be or turn to and a cooler full of food and drinks. Sometimes I'll start packing a day or two before the race to make sure that I remember it all.

If it's an overnighter or longer race, the trailer will come along loaded with camping gear and the bikes on top.

Don't feel bad about not being able to back up a trailer, my wife can do it better than me. When I had my Bass boat, she would put it in the lake while I sat in the boat trying to look cool! :p

Sometimes I think that at races, people set up near me so that they don't have to walk too far to borrow stuff. :rolleyes:

If you find something that works, like a prop, carry an extra, just in case.

Oh yeah, one more thing, a power inverter in case I need some 110 volt AC for a soldering gun, Dremel or whatever else that I might need it for.

I hate to ask, but what is the pickle juice for? Hiccups?

Here's the plan...

Pick up an old Winnebago for a song. Gut everything but the head and kitchenette. Replace with work benches, shelves, cabinets and lighting. Move in all the stuff from the two bedrooms, garage, and kitchen table they now occupy. VOILA!! Mobile workshop! :D

I didnt want to ask, but seen the pickle juice thing tooo.

for hang overs or what?

Your speed secret in the nitro?

GEEEEEZE I need the most inportant thing The ironing board :D :D :D

No sore back here :lol: :lol: :lol:

õ¿~ yinz guys later

Bob Morton

:( Don't know whats worse, going out to play and carrying the retreive boat, canopy, all the suport stuff. boats,table and lunch. ~~~~~ Or hooking up the trailer and leaving behind the retreive boat , canopy and lunch. ha ha :lol:

The more stuff others know you have the less they haul around, I think on onto something here? :p Scott

When I did race and play on Sat. there was not much I couldn't fix up of my pick-up. My race partenr and I checked with each other so we did not pack two of to many thing . . But when going to races we had enough stuff to replace every thing on our boats from servos to motors and all running hardwhere. spare sponsons and epicy to put hulls back together. Now for the easy stuff . there is 10 x 15 ez-up chairs tables tool boxs parts boxs, spare radios fuel coolers rain gear

Scott

Back