The Carolina Showdown 2012

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a roll of 3M radio box tape that they could sell me at the Carolina Showdown? A dry radio is a good thing!

Updated 5/9/2012

20 Kneeler

Ron Shaw DSM

Doug Carter DSM

Carol Loeb DSM

Dick Loeb DSM

James Beasley 88 / 75

A Hydro

Mike Hamric DSM

Mike Byer

Frank

B Sport Tunnel

Jeni Johnson DSM

Carol Loeb DSM

James Beasley 80 / 75

Carter Tanney DSM

Robin Stebbins 69 / 65

B-P Limited Hydro

Ron Shaw DSM

Robin Stebbins 69 / 65

Dick Loeb DSM

Buddy Lowe 74 / 83

B-P Mono

Robin Stebbins 69 / 65

Buddy Lowe 74 / 83

Frank

Dick Loeb DSM

B-P L Tunnel

Robin Stebbins 69 / 65

Ron Shaw DSM

Mike Betancourt 88 / 80

James Beasley 80 / 75

Open Tunnel

Jim Allen DSM

Ron Shaw DSM

Jeni Johnson DSM

Carol Loeb DSM

Buddy Lowe 74 / 83

Deryl Nesbitt DSM

James Beasley 80 / 75

D Tunnel

James Beasley 80 / 75

Deryl Nesbitt

Ron Shaw

Mike B

Buddy Lowe

RTR

Charles Jones 78 / 80

Carter Tanney DSM

Jeni Johnson

Open Hydro

Blaise Recca DSM

Doug Carter

Mike Betancourt 88 / 80

Gas Cat

Mike Hamric DSM

Ray Hotchkin 80 / 90

Don Mcgurn 63 / 75

Ivan Place DSM

Jon Roberts DSM

Ron Shaw DSM

JR Ward DSM

Jerry Yarn DSM

Blaise Recca DSM

Steve Speas 81 / 82

Gas Mono

Ray Hotchkin DSM

Don Mcgurn DSM

Ivan Place DSM

Jon Roberts DSM

JR Ward DSM

Jerry Yarn DSM

Kevin Yarn DSM

Jeff Lee DSM

Ron Shaw DSM

Gas Rigger

Jim Allen DSM

Mike Byer DSM

Blaise Recca DSM

Dick Loeb DSM

James Beasley 80 / 75

Open Cat

Mike Hamric DSM

Ray Hotchkin 80 / 90

Ivan Place DSM

Ron Shaw DSM

JR Ward DSM

Jerry Yarn DSM

Open Offshore

Don Mcgurn 63 / 75

Jon Roberts DSM

JR Ward DSM

Sport 40

Charles Jones DSM

James Beasley 80 / 75

Dick Loeb DSM

Buddy Lowe DSM

Gas Sport Hydro

Ray Hotchkin 80 / 90

Charles Jones DSM

Ivan Place DSM

Jerry Yarn DSM

Kevin Yarn DSM

Blaise Recca DSM

Dick Loeb DSM

Carol Loeb DSM

Don Mcgurn 63 / 75

James Beasley 80 / 75

Stock Gas

John Finch DSM

Ray Hotchkin 80 / 90

Jon Roberts DSM

JR Ward DSM

Steve Speas 81 / 82

Jeff Lee DSM

Ivan Place DSM

Thunder Boat

Ray Hotchkin 80 / 90

JR Ward DSM

John Finch DSM

Carol Loeb DSM

Hey Mike, you and Frank still got F hydros? Gonna bring mine this time and run it
Bring it we'll run em.
Maybe you can talk Dick into running his twin!!!
Running a Twin in that lake is suicide LOL
Really? I haven't seen it yet.
ron i started racing there not enough room ask don ferrette
I've run a twin at that pond before, let's just say it will keep you focused.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
I will borrow James Beasleys RTR so there will be 3 boats in that class..and I promise not to SINK it... :D Sidewinder
Jeni, let me know if you need it, I will throw it in the truck. Been a while since I ran it, guess it is good to go, Deryl can check it out to make sure. James
:ph34r:

Throw it in the truck..I have always wanted to run one of your boats...lol
I hope it's not one thats painted black!!!!!........... :eek:

I will borrow James Beasleys RTR so there will be 3 boats in that class..and I promise not to SINK it... :D Sidewinder
Jeni, let me know if you need it, I will throw it in the truck. Been a while since I ran it, guess it is good to go, Deryl can check it out to make sure. James
:ph34r:

Throw it in the truck..I have always wanted to run one of your boats...lol
I hope it's not one thats painted black!!!!!........... :eek:
If it is, you better put some florescent stickers on that suckka James!! Either that or stick a bullseye on each side...lol!

-Kent

Have fun this weekend fella's.

I know you can't go a day without being on the net Ron so give us an updates tomorrow evening.

Ditto....

Ron, remember to be quiet around Dick's tunnels this weekend...they need their beauty rest...lol!

Have fun this weekend fella's.

I know you can't go a day without being on the net Ron so give us an updates tomorrow evening.
Haha. Thanks to the PTPT club for a great time. Mike x 2, Frank, and all the guys did a super job. We had a great time at the race. Im sure Hemrick will be listing scores soon. Had a couple of bad heats with my D Tunnel from a steering servo and a lean DNF and ended up third, but won B Tunnel, kneeler, Gas Mono against the crazies with Donnies MicroBurst, and third in open gas cat.

I think we have lost Dick to FE and Gas. He won FE/B Hydro with an FE and Gas Rigger with another one of Donnies boats. He came in second in FE/B mono with an FE. Carol won B Stock and came in second in Gas Hydro with the third gas boat Donnie brought. His three gas boats won two firsts and one second. He built the gas engine of Dicks on my gas outboard and is the best engine builder in RC that I have ever met. Beasley won Gas Sport Hydro, second D tunnel, third B tunnel. Buddy won B mono and D tunnel.

Ditto....

Ron, remember to be quiet around Dick's tunnels this weekend...they need their beauty rest...lol!
Dick did not run a single tunnel. Can you believe it? After the stress of the WTC we made this a relaxing race weekend....... ;)

What a great weekend, thanks to Bug for a good called race Mike and Frank for retrieve boating, and all the racers that showed up to have some fun.

So first I got to brag on my little girl. She did not want to race as of Friday afternoon, so we had some stick time to help get some confidence, and now she's ready and wanting to beat her brother. Mackenzie is 10 years old and drove the Miss Vegas Duece 100% all by her self all 4 rounds. My dad ended up first, Kenzie got 2nd (such a proud dad) and Nicholas (my nephew) got third. Yes she accomplished her goal for the weekend, to beat her brother, she was happy and he was sooooooo pissed. It doesn't get any better than this, a full class of all family members having the best weekend ever.

Carter and Nicholas also entered B Sport tunnel, Carter has raced tunnels before but this was Nicholas's first tunnel racing experience. Carter came home with a second and Nicholas got third, he was so happy and can't wait to run again. Trying to talk my dad into bringing him down the the Internats to run novice and RTR. Way to go Nicholas, happy Uncle.

I ended up third in kneeler out of four boats and third in F Hydro out of three :( , I had some not so good luck with my stuff this weekend, kneeler only ran one round, (all my fault of course), and F Hydro gave me a fit all weekend. Ran the best in Round 1 and hit the start perfect, by second lap the knees where shakin and hand was trembling, buoy 3 got a hit and I was out, never could get myself gathered back up to make a good run.

Even though I did not have good luck with my boats boats this weekend it was the most fun I have ever had racing. I did not let it ruin my weekend. The kids had a blast and my dad got his first win. Best weekend ever. Thanks to all the racers who showed up this weekend to make it such a fun weekend and of course to Deryl's Hobby Shop for allowing me to continue to tear stuff up and continue my weekend of racing. You the man Mr. Nesbitt.

Doug,

I just wanted to let you know how much Sheila and I enjoyed being around Carter and McKenzie this weekend. You and your wife should be proud. They remind me of my two girls, never met a stranger. I pulled a prank on Carter. You will have to ask him about it. Got him gooooood.... ;) He loved talking about his B stock and how he was going after Carol and his sister.

Thank McKenzie again for my first place flags she made me. I'll tell you a quick story.

She came down to the tent to show me a green knitted first place flag she made. She told me she made it to give to the first place winner. I looked at her and told her, "You know, there are 13 classes so there will be 13 winners.". She looked at me and you could tell the wheels were turning. She didn't say darn I dont know what Im gonna do like most 10 year olds. She looked at me with the biggest smile and said, "I better get busy, I need to make twelve more." She gave me flags she made for my first place wins and I'm keeping them with my plaques as a reminder of her big heart. Thanks again. We had a great time meeting you guys...... ;)

Thanks Ron, we are very blessed to have two great kids. and yes Carter loves to smack talk. I will definately ask him about the prank on the way to school in the morning.

I was wondering why Kenzie asked me like 5 times how many classes there were and even had to go to the drivers stand and show her the total classes. She does have a huge heart for people and is a very artistic individual. When I started packing up I then noticed why she needed to know how many classes were run. She really wanted to knit all the flags but she said there was just not enought time. Col. Beasley got the knitted flag because he gave both kids balloons and told them to blow them up and pop them behind me. (I owe you one Beasley.. ..lol)

I had heard of the Mr Leecraft and his competitve nature and personality and it was equally great meeting you and watching those fast boats. Look forward to meeting up with you again at the next venue.

Thanks again for the kind words about our kids, this day in time it is hard to raise a child and shelter them from the society we live in to make them better people. This is why we always try and involve them in rc boat racing, people like you and your wife are great influences on the younger generation as are a majority of the racers we have befriended thru the last 5 years.

One more thing and I just got to pick a little: Because I'm bald does not mean I look like a Mike (Mudbug) my name is Doug and your are at least the 10th person that I have met at a race that thought my name was Mike. All fun and games but at the end of the day it's all about having fun no matter what people call you. . .lol

Latest posts

Back