Team USA For Milan 2008

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave Marles;

i had no problems racing for the german team at teh very first hydro world champs in '86 in ostiglia Italy, just ask Ian i thru his 21 hydro in during the 21 comp that year, he kept running out of fuel tho. :-(

unfortunatley, i took fifth place due to a low speed needle assembly departing the carbon my CMB grand prix 90. (slide valve carb) :-(

carl

<_< :huh: I just heard from Al Hobbs that He says "Have to ask permit" to entry for world champion by NAMBA insurance and will pay extra fee $$ but I dont know how much ?? because If someone who country got hurt from hit boats or something happen so sue you pay expense heatlh( doctor,hospital..etc) cost$$$ Thats why!!! Hey Dave :rolleyes: Why do you not tell me Fee $$ for cover insurance for world champion and Are you sell Nitro gallon at europe? how much?? Dont Believe me??? :unsure:
Allan , if you hit someone with a boat in the states , you will have to have an insurance too .

When you go to the WC , you need to be licensed through NAVIGA . Otherwise you can't enter by my knowledge .

I don't know how much it is for u guys but its on this side a little fee . Ask Al !

There is no extra cover for insurance by my knowledge !

Nitro can be bought : 15 euro /liter . It can be bought at the lake .

B
;) Bart Information thanks very much Allan

<_< :huh: I just heard from Al Hobbs that He says "Have to ask permit" to entry for world champion by NAMBA insurance and will pay extra fee $$ but I dont know how much ?? because If someone who country got hurt from hit boats or something happen so sue you pay expense heatlh( doctor,hospital..etc) cost$$$ Thats why!!! Hey Dave :rolleyes: Why do you not tell me Fee $$ for cover insurance for world champion and Are you sell Nitro gallon at europe? how much?? Dont Believe me??? :unsure:
Allan, Only trying to help, don't shoot the messenger. B) You asked the fee I told you. Insurance is to do with your racing organisation. Glowplugs are not 15 dollars each in Europe, nitro is not 80 dollars per litre. To me the cost of a glowplug is not the issue. An issue for me at the last years world champs in Norway was my ferry fee of 2,000 dollars and a beer at 8 dollars. Still wouldnt miss going for anything. A great experience.

Dave

An issue for me at the last years world champs in Norway was my ferry fee of 2,000 dollars and a beer at 8 dollars. Dave
Geez....!! Im glad there are no large bodys of water between Kaiserslautern Germany and Leno Italy! The gas prices are bad enough.... I just installed a big fridge in the cab of my truck, beer will be making the trip with me.

~James

An issue for me at the last years world champs in Norway was my ferry fee of 2,000 dollars and a beer at 8 dollars. Dave
Geez....!! Im glad there are no large bodys of water between Kaiserslautern Germany and Leno Italy! The gas prices are bad enough.... I just installed a big fridge in the cab of my truck, beer will be making the trip with me.

~James
....great idea - please pick me up in Ulm, it is on the way from Kaiserslautern to Leno. Hope your fridge is big enough :rolleyes:

Lets start the first trip this year to the international race - just to taste the italian red wine and pasta :lol:

Hans-Peter

~James
....great idea - please pick me up in Ulm, it is on the way from Kaiserslautern to Leno. Hope your fridge is big enough :rolleyes:

Lets start the first trip this year to the international race - just to taste the italian red wine and pasta :lol:

Hans-Peter

:rolleyes: Hi Mark, would be beautiful to see the team more USA' numerous.

I wait you in Italy for the world championship 2008.

Hi Maurice ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you are interested to compete in the Naviga World Championship 2008, here we have some information.

Hydro classes are run in the same format as you do basicly. We have three classes as mentioned before, 21 - 45 - 90. All runs 6 laps as you do. Same size course. 8 boats per heat, both in eliminations and finals.

There are 4 qualification heats and the 8 best goes to the final. Same points system.

Each nation has 3 places per class as a base and you could get more places thrue final places at the last Worlds.

Alan Hobbs is the Naviga representative in the US. I have just spoken to him and he is really interested to have some more fast US racers to join Team US for the Worlds 2008. If the interest will be great you will need to have some sort of qualification races over there. If you need Alan´s contact info, please send me a PM.

Here in Sweden we have 5 qualification races of which 4 counts. The first three will represent the Swedish Team at the next Worlds. This is also our Nationals.

Costs are always a big issue if you go to a big event like this, but with good planning costs could be keept at a reasonable level. Most boaters over here will be willing to help you guys with practical issues and details. If 30 nations goes to the Worlds I guess a full team from the US could be possible...................

Some facts about the World Championships 2006 in Norway:

700 boats approx.

350 competitors approx.

30 nations attending and they were:

Argentina

Australia

Belgium

Bulgaria

England

Estonia

Finland

France

China

Hong Kong

Belarus

Italy

Lithuania

Luxemburg

Netherlands

New Zeeland

Norway

Poland

Russia

Slovenia

Spain

Switzerland

Sweden

Czech republic

Germany

Ukarine

Hungary

USA

I am sure that it will be even more countries in Italy 2008.

Who are the best Hydro racers in the US?

I have asked around and the following names have comed up.

Ron Zaker Jr

John Brown

Eric Canto

Mike Betke

Chris Capaldi

Davis Preusse

Mark Grim

Don Maher

Craig Harris

Gary Moll

Alfredo Lanza

Alan Terry

Lenny Blake

Justin Hill

Andy Brown

Doug Sick

Allen Yuen

Alan Hobbs

Please add names to the list. Maybe we could contact these guys and see the interest and the potential in having a strong Team US in Italy 2008?

Please see the potential in this adventure and not the "problems".

As some other people has stated alredy in this thread - It is a life time memory to take part in a World Championship with competitors from all over the world!!!!

Please get back to me if you have any kind of questions and I will try to help.

Thanks

Jorgen Andersson

Back