Team USA For Milan 2008

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoboat

Boaters In The USA,

I have always wondered why we don't send a good team to the worlds ever other year to compete with

the other countries? I know Al & Andy would go over,but why don't we try to assemble a really good

team to go and compete in Milan,Italy in 2008. Looking for ideas to get some format together for a

Team USA? I would love to be on the team in some way,shape or form. All the members would need

good propellers and a good pit man. :lol: I am sure we could get our countries support if we could

figure out a way to do this. Can we try and keep this post on the topic?

Marty,

I am thinking about the Hydro competition only. We don't run FSR-V type courses here in the States.

Wondering What It Will Take,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters In The USA,
I have always wondered why we don't send a good team to the worlds ever other year to compete with

the other countries? I know Al & Andy would go over,but why don't we try to assemble a really good

team to go and compete in Milan,Italy in 2008. Looking for ideas to get some format together for a

Team USA? I would love to be on the team in some way,shape or form. All the members would need

good propellers and a good pit man. :lol: I am sure we could get our countries support if we could

figure out a way to do this.

Mark Sholund
I'm gamed. You going to pay the way.

Boaters In The USA,

Mark Sholund
Mark:

I competed at the World Championships when we hosted them in Indy. BELEIVE ME when I tell you that in order to be competitive, we need and require a ton of testing and boat refinement. You can NOT compete until you have a system of refueling and pit strategy and a boat/engine combination that will run 2 hours without ANY problems. The boat must be able to turn both ways and not waste any time in the turns. The FSR boats turn on a dime. This is not to say that a US Mono would not be competitve (it was in Indy), but the noise level and mechanical integrity must be superb and highly refined.

Up until now, nobody has decided it is worth the effort to spend a year+ getting ready for one race which we as Americans have never competed in.

Good luck in this effort, it is a MUCH bigger task than you imagine.

Marty Davis

Mark Bullard,

Anyone who runs a twin has enough money. :lol:

Start Saving Now,

Mark Sholund

Boaters In The USA,

Mark Sholund
Mark:

I competed at the World Championships when we hosted them in Indy. BELEIVE ME when I tell you that in order to be competitive, we need and require a ton of testing and boat refinement. You can NOT compete until you have a system of refueling and pit strategy and a boat/engine combination that will run 2 hours without ANY problems. The boat must be able to turn both ways and not waste any time in the turns. The FSR boats turn on a dime. This is not to say that a US Mono would not be competitve (it was in Indy), but the noise level and mechanical integrity must be superb and highly refined.

Up until now, nobody has decided it is worth the effort to spend a year+ getting ready for one race which we as Americans have never competed in.

Marty Davis
Marty, The racing you saw in Indy is not Naviga racing. The Naviga classes now are FSRV which is similar to the racing you saw but much shorter races with 12 boat heats of 20 minutes and 30 minute 12 boat finals. Then there is FSRH which is hydro racing, very close to USA type hydro racing but only .21, .45 and .90. Then there is also FSRO which is kind of like your mono classes but longer races of 8 minute heats and 12 minute finals but the boats must resemble(joke) fullsize boats. Cats are also allowed in this class and the classes are .21 .45 .90 and 35cc.

Dave

Mark Bullard,
Anyone who runs a twin has enough money. :lol:

Start Saving Now,

Mark Sholund
That's a good one Mark you got me. But it does not sound like they have a class for a Twin. And that would be to only boat that I would want to take.

Mark

resemble(joke) fullsize boats.
means either have an open cockpit with drivers or blinded cockpit (sticker or black paint will do)

oh and i do believe all hydro classes now do 6lap heats

Im game, I got a .45 RR Extreme hangin on the wall... Its only about 8 hours from my house.

~James

I think one actually can race a twin at NAVIGA but the total displacement cant be more then the class will allow. So for a hydro one could use a twin 45 in the 15 cc class... Or one 60 + a 29... LOL

FSR-V is 3.5 cc / 7.5 cc / 15 cc & 35 cc (Gas).

The V boats look like this and they do run the M course in 20 or 30 minute heats, and yes, they turn on a dime... :)

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...590&pos=128

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...&fullsize=1

FSR-O is 3.5 / 7.5 / 15 & 35 cc (gas).

The off-shore boats is run on the same oval course as heat racing hydro boats so only right hand turns (clockwise) for 8 or 10 minute heats:

Here is the 4:th place boat in FSR-O 35 - CMB Gas engine:

Here is Dave's FSR-O 7.5 boat I belive:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=590&pos=68

A Russian "off-shore" boat:

There is quite afew seaducers and seaducer look a likes + Delta Force boats in the off-shore classes.

FSR-H is 3.5 / 7.5 & 15 cc.

The FSR-H is heatracing hydros that run basically on the same courses that you race in the US for 6 laps. The main difference is that you and your caller will stay (in all classes) out on the pontoon all the time (no elevated driver stands). There is a slightly eleveted place to stand though. The boats are the same type that you race, like eagles & road runners etc.

Im game, I got a .45 RR Extreme hangin on the wall... Its only about 8 hours from my house.
~James
Hi James,

Cool. :p

As you live "quite" close you might look out for the NAVIGA pre-worlds in Leno in early August 2007 also. To get the flawor for the big one in 2008... :D

:eek: Al Hobbs told me that cant bring Nitro tank to airport so have to buy 50% nitro 1L( 4qt) :blink: Cost over $80.00US also glow plug $15US Each in Eurpore :huh: It is very strict Sound under 80DB I cant believe $$$$ expensive I will find out later .I will may go there so just bring my A Hydro . :blink: I think that have to pay high fee but not sure !!!

Boaters In The USA,

Mark Sholund
Mark:

Marty Davis
Marty, I attended the Nats in Indianapolis when the World Competiton was held. I still have my medialions that I won. I think it would be fun and exciting to go. I had a great time when I was in Italy in the past. I think a mono that was set up right could compete. I don't think the noise issue is too hard to deal with. Getting a team that will work together in "their" format will be the challenge. Gary

Great more competition !

you should be Abel to scratch together a good team you wont regret going to a world championships it is the best time iv ever had you meet some of the best people from many different countries and enjoy there company and the racing is intense as well

If we can do it then you should be Abel to.

We will see you there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek: Al Hobbs told me that cant bring Nitro tank to airport so have to buy 50% nitro 1L( 4qt) :blink: Cost over $80.00US also glow plug $15US Each in Eurpore :huh: It is very strict Sound under 80DB I cant believe $$$$ expensive I will find out later .I will may go there so just bring my A Hydro . :blink: I think that have to pay high fee but not sure !!!
Ha, Don't believe everything you hear.

A World Champs is a great experience. You would see boat ideas you would never think of in your wildest dreams and meet a lot of great people.

Don't forget that its only 3 per class from each country though.

Dave

Ha, Don't believe everything you hear.

A World Champs is a great experience. You would see boat ideas you would never think of in your wildest dreams and meet a lot of great people.

Don't forget that its only 3 per class from each country though.

Dave
Dave <_< would you tell me about how much will pay Fee ???

Boaters,

So who would be the best three heat racers in the country? In 21,45,90 Hydro classes?

I am going to try to go myself to Italy in 2008, even if it is as a spectator. It sure would

be nice to get a team together. Go Team USA!!! My list from the Midwest would be:

Steve Ball

Mike Betke

Ron Zaker Jr.

These are just the best in the Midwest where I race.

Give Me Your List,

Mark Sholund

How about designating some races as qualifying events, or holding qualifying races at existing events? It seems like anyone who would be willing to commit to travel to Italy should be able to attend one or more races in the US to prove they are better than the rest. Unless of course so few people are interested in this that there's no need to compete for a spot...

dont you have to qualify just to get a spot in the Worlds? There is supposedly a qualifier race here in Germany in a few months. How does it work?

Niklas, Paul O., Jorgen can one of you guys explain this?

~James

Back