Team USA For Milan 2008

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont you have to qualify just to get a spot in the Worlds? There is supposedly a qualifier race here in Germany in a few months. How does it work?
Niklas, Paul O., Jorgen can one of you guys explain this?

~James
James,

the qualify I told you is only for members of the german association.

If you want any informations, please give me a PM.

Hans-Peter

Hans-Peter, I got your PM, thanks for the info, I will reply to you before the night is over. That makes more sense now.

So, if a group of Americans want to enter at the Worlds, how does it work? do you just enter? I read that niklas or jorgen said you can only 3 people for each class from the same country, is this true?

~James

Actually , i think if james goes into the German association and he qualifies , he'll be able to go . He lives and works in Germany so i think those are the two main things but i'll ask around for you , you would be ofcourse racing for Germany and not the States .

Regards ,

B

Btw : How do you Qualify :

In 2007 , there will be several selected races , of each country , the Three first places are qualified . Incase the country had someone in the final , its 3 plus 1 , incase the country had two in the final , its 3 plus 2 , incase the country had three in the final , its 3 plus 2 .

The World Champ is qualified for the next world champs , even if he doesn't do a race for the qualification , it makes no difference .

Hans-Peter, I got your PM, thanks for the info, I will reply to you before the night is over. That makes more sense now.
So, if a group of Americans want to enter at the Worlds, how does it work? do you just enter? I read that niklas or jorgen said you can only 3 people for each class from the same country, is this true?

~James
I don't think someone made it into the finals from the States so yes , for the USA : only the first top three can go .

Its a different story for Germany though as i think Hof got into the final 15 cc Hydro .I'll have to check this .

B

Actually , i think if james goes into the German association and he qualifies , he'll be able to go . He lives and works in Germany so i think those are the two main things but i'll ask around for you , you would be ofcourse racing for Germany and not the States .
Regards ,

B

Btw : How do you Qualify :

In 2007 , there will be several selected races , of each country , the Three first places are qualified . Incase the country had someone in the final , its 3 plus 1 , incase the country had two in the final , its 3 plus 2 , incase the country had three in the final , its 3 plus 2 .

The World Champ is qualified for the next world champs , even if he doesn't do a race for the qualification , it makes no difference .
Bart, I must be dumb. I am still finding this confusing.

Lets say for example I decided to try to race with the German team as mentioned. Hans-Peter told me there is a qualifying race in Nurnberg in a few moths. Lets say i go there and run in .45 hydro. If I win that race, does than automatically put me into the world champs line-up? Or do I have to go to more qualifiers, and win those? Does 1st 2nd and third place in Nurnberg go to the champs?

And if I decided to race for the USA what exactly has to be done (if you know?)

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James,

IF there wont be more then 3 guys in any NAVIGA class from the US its no problems I think... If more then 3 guys is interested then there is a "problem". In Germany (so far) there has in recent years been less then 3 guys per class that has been willing to do the worlds so all of them has just signed up and payed the NAVIGA starting fees to their national federation (15 or 30 Euro per class I think) and they where good to go...

This year there is more then 3 guys in some classes so the German federation needs to do an qualifying race to decide wich ones that will qualify - that is the one in Nurnberg May 18-20 I belive.

For the NAVIGA North America Team anyone that is interested to go to Leno in 2008 needs to hook up with Al Hobbs - he's the USA vs NAVIGA contact person.

Im game, I got a .45 RR Extreme hangin on the wall... Its only about 8 hours from my house.
~James
Hi James,

Cool. :p

As you live "quite" close you might look out for the NAVIGA pre-worlds in Leno in early August 2007 also. To get the flawor for the big one in 2008... :D

Niklas, please tell me more. My wife has already guven us the "go-ahead" for coming to this race. When is it exactly. Do you have an address to the lake? got any internet links that are in english? I may not race (not sure yet), but I will definately come and get an idea for the format. I want to do the worlds.

~James

Im game, I got a .45 RR Extreme hangin on the wall... Its only about 8 hours from my house.
~James
Hi James,

Cool. :p

As you live "quite" close you might look out for the NAVIGA pre-worlds in Leno in early August 2007 also. To get the flawor for the big one in 2008... :D

Niklas, please tell me more. My wife has already guven us the "go-ahead" for coming to this race. When is it exactly. Do you have an address to the lake? got any internet links that are in english? I may not race (not sure yet), but I will definately come and get an idea for the format. I want to do the worlds.

~James
As Niklas said you need to contact Al Hobbs who is the Naviga contact in the USA. The Naviga website is here [http://www.naviga.org] Click on FSR to see the classes. The heads of each part of the section are listed there but its best to go via Al Hobbs for info.

The World Champs will be in Leno near Lake Garda in Italy and the Worlds are always the first 2 weeks in August (10 days of racing from 8am until 6pm with a few small breaks).

Final definite details will not normally be available until January 2008. If there are a lot of people who want to go then its up to the USA to organise some kind of elimination. Naviga only wants the list of competitors. I would bet that Germany would not allow a National from another country to be in their team. You could try Luxemburg maybe but its early days yet. See what happens in USA first. As has been said here already there

is supposed to be a race in Leno in August this year for all classes.

Alan, The entry fee per class is small, maybe 15 US dollars and all money is paid through the Naviga rep for the particular country.

Dave

Naviga

will accept an entry from the national federation of a country. If you live and work in another country you can try to qualify for that country as long as you can prove you are living there and the National body of that country is prepared to let you run for them. But you must be able to prove you live or lived there for a period of time and were not able to attend your own countries eliminators when the eliminators were held. You may of course run for your own country as long as that country will put you foreward.

Also the Naviga rule changed for the FSR O classes that you can run boats without cabis or pilots but you must be able to get down to the noise limit which is going to be much stricter in future Naviga championships.

You are allowed 3 entries per class per country but if you get a person in the final the next champs you have 4 or 5 depending how many you get in the final. If you get 3 in the final and one becomes world champion you get 6 competitors in that class at the next champs.

Here are the offshore classes

Class FSR-O3.5 Free build offshore boats with internal combustion motors up to 3.5 cm3. and with surface drive propulsion.

Class FSR-O7.5 Free build offshore boats with internal combustion motors above 3.5 up to 7.5.cc.and with surface drive propulsion.

Class FSR-O15 Free build offshore boats with internal combustion motors above 7.5 up to 15.0 cm3. and with surface drive propulsion.

Class FSR-O35 Free build offshore boats with internal combustion motors (petrol-motor with spark plug ignition) above 15.0 up to 35.0 cm3. and with surface drive propulsion.

Here are the hydro classes

Class FSR-H3.5 Free build HYDRO - planes* with internal combustion motor up to 3.5 cm3 and with surface drive propulsion.

Class FSR-H7.5 Free build HYDRO - planes* with internal combustion motor above3.5 cm3 up to 7.5 cm3 and with surface drive propulsion.

Class FSR-H15 Free build HYDRO - planes* with internal combustion motor above 7.5 cm3 up to 15. cm3 and with surface drive propulsion.

Remark:* HYDRO-planes (A free build model with two or more planing surfaces).

Ian Folkson FSR V representative

Thanks Dave and Ian. The race I need info for is THIS years race, not the worlds. I would like to come to it and check out the scenery, then will decide on the worlds after that race. I also, at this point, have NO desire to race for the German contingent, I was merely curious as to the procedure for qualifying. I am an American and would like race as such. I guess contacting Al is the next step, no problem thanks for that info.

Does anyone have links or info for the race being held THIS year in Leno? (August 2007)

~James

James , if you could get your butt over to Stuttgart ( 18 -30 april ), than you have a chance to see an FSR V race and also meeting Ian , Me , Robert Daniel and Many other boaters .

As for the race in Nurnberg , i'm not sure but it might be that this race is only for those willing to qualify for the Worlds , Another thing will be that you are not in the German Federation meaning you are not licensed to race . ( insurance and such )

This sorta counts for Leno too , you must be in an organisation , wether it is the german one or the US one . However , Leno is an open race meaning ANYONE can race there , as long as they are with the Naviga .

As for your question :

Simple , if you are gonna race for Germany

- You need to be licensed at the German federation

- You need to be placed into the first three places OVERALL . IF there is only one race , you need to be within the first THREE places . IF there are two races or more , you need to be within the first THREE places OVERALL .

I'm not sure but i think they are using the points system : ( winner 400 , second 300 , third ... and so on ) This is something that i need to ask as i have no idea .

If you're gonna race for the States , well , you have to ask Al

There might be an issue if you guys would really have a team that needs to qualify , that not everyone will like it that you haven't qualified for it . ( unless you'd fly over just to do the qualifying race ) . I personally don't think this will be an issue as so far i 've only seen Al and Andy coming over so there is still enough places left over . But this is something you need to discuss with Al .

Feel free to pm or so , if i can help , i will .

B

The more I think about it, it may be better/easier (logistically) for me to run under the German sanction... if it is allowed??

~James

I would be really surprised to see a FSR-H race in Nuremberg...they only raced FSR-V for at least 10 years there :-(

But since I live only about 10 miles from the lake I will show up there to watch :)

<_< :huh: I just heard from Al Hobbs that He says "Have to ask permit" to entry for world champion by NAMBA insurance and will pay extra fee $$ but I dont know how much ?? because If someone who country got hurt from hit boats or something happen so sue you pay expense heatlh( doctor,hospital..etc) cost$$$ Thats why!!!

Hey Dave :rolleyes: Why do you not tell me Fee $$ for cover insurance for world champion and Are you sell Nitro gallon at europe? how much?? Dont Believe me??? :unsure:

<_< :huh: I just heard from Al Hobbs that He says "Have to ask permit" to entry for world champion by NAMBA insurance and will pay extra fee $$ but I dont know how much ?? because If someone who country got hurt from hit boats or something happen so sue you pay expense heatlh( doctor,hospital..etc) cost$$$ Thats why!!! Hey Dave :rolleyes: Why do you not tell me Fee $$ for cover insurance for world champion and Are you sell Nitro gallon at europe? how much?? Dont Believe me??? :unsure:
Allan , if you hit someone with a boat in the states , you will have to have an insurance too .

When you go to the WC , you need to be licensed through NAVIGA . Otherwise you can't enter by my knowledge .

I don't know how much it is for u guys but its on this side a little fee . Ask Al !

There is no extra cover for insurance by my knowledge !

Nitro can be bought : 15 euro /liter . It can be bought at the lake .

B

<_< :huh: I just heard from Al Hobbs that He says "Have to ask permit" to entry for world champion by NAMBA insurance and will pay extra fee $$ but I dont know how much ?? because If someone who country got hurt from hit boats or something happen so sue you pay expense heatlh( doctor,hospital..etc) cost$$$ Thats why!!! Hey Dave :rolleyes: Why do you not tell me Fee $$ for cover insurance for world champion and Are you sell Nitro gallon at europe? how much?? Dont Believe me??? :unsure:
Allan , if you hit someone with a boat in the states , you will have to have an insurance too .

When you go to the WC , you need to be licensed through NAVIGA . Otherwise you can't enter by my knowledge .

I don't know how much it is for u guys but its on this side a little fee . Ask Al !

There is no extra cover for insurance by my knowledge !

Nitro can be bought : 15 euro /liter . It can be bought at the lake .

B

Back