TAMPA BAY MODEL BOAT CLUB TWO DAY RACE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Doerr

Supporting Member
The Tampa Bay Model Boat Association Is having a two day race Aug. 19-20 2006. We already are getting A LOT of entries and do expect well over 200 boats. This Club is also hosting the NAMBA District 3 meeting. (one of two required per year);hence we expect a lot of attention. At the present time we are seeking class sponsors and donations for our prize table. Anyone who would like to step forward and gain some positive, productive exposure please email me at [email protected] Our location attracts a lot of new boaters and spectator attention.

Please go to www.tampa-model-boat-club.com

for more info about the club and the pond location

Norm Doerr

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tampa Bay Model Boat Association Is having a two day race Aug. 19-20 2006. We already are getting A LOT of entries and do expect well over 200 boats. This Club is also hosting the NAMBA District 3 meeting. (one of two required per year);hence we expect a lot of attention. At the present time we are seeking class sponsors and donations for our prize table. Anyone who would like to step forward and gain some positive, productive exposure please email me at [email protected] Our location attracts a lot of new boaters and spectator attention.

Norm Doerr
Looking forward to the race Norm, you guys have a great venue and did a heck of a job at the first race. :D Just hoping at this point some motors show up so I have something to drive,LOL.

Sport 20 has been added to the flyer. Jersey Skiffs will be run if 3 enter. They are not on the flyer so pencil them in. Come on out and have a great time and enjoy some very fast racing on a great site.

Hope to see you there.

Rod H.

Norm Doerr
Looking forward to the race Norm, you guys have a great venue and did a heck of a job at the first race. :D Just hoping at this point some motors show up so I have something to drive,LOL.
Thanks Man! Rod made sure we got it done right. We do have a really nice facility and a great group of boaters. You never know who may show up out there :rolleyes:

Ron,

There are 4 or 5 new Sport 20s in the Brandon club and 2 in the Tampa club. We have 2 sport 20s entered so far.

Rod H.

Rumer has it John Brown's coming down,HHHmmm, him and Marty running riggers sounds like fun to watch. ;)

That's terrific, finally a new nitro class for District 3. I hope it takes off! At the Nat's there were only 4 or 5 entered so it will be curious to see what happens.

Ron

Hi Rick,

There are 7 sport 20s that I know of. The hulls are all Phil Thomas . Gene M, Tommy C, Steve H, Donny D[2], in the Brandon club. Hank S, Joe W, in the Tampa Bay Model Boaters. As far as engines go there are 3 CMB's 2 Nova Rossi 1 Mac. I don't know what engine Joe runs. Three sport 20s have entered so far so they will be run in Tampa!!!!!!!!!!

Let's have fun in Tampa Aug 19th & 20th.

Rod H.

I believe Joe W. is running a MAC 21. :)

Sport 20 is looking like a very cool class to run. I only see it getting bigger.

District 3 also needs a few more 60 hydros. This class has faded latley and I am thinking that there are a few boaters out there with some fast 60 boats collecting dust. :unsure:

The Tampa race is going to be very interesting, I know for sure of a couple of old schoolers that will be there. ;)

Norm Doerr

Norm - How are entry's in B Hydro and C Hydro right now?

Ron

Norm - How are entry's in B Hydro and C Hydro right now?

Ron
Hi Ron;

I have no up to date info as of last night. Rod and Karen are taking care of that. There is an interest and it should be a good turnout if we get some of the racers to dig out thier old nitro boats and bring them out. :rolleyes:

Norm & Rod;

Let me know if you need another 60 hydro to make the class, it would be a good opportunity to shake down a new-(old) scale boat.

Plan on filling out the entry form Monday eve, will go with the mail Tues.

Rick Bellinger

Norm & Rod;

Let me know if you need another 60 hydro to make the class, it would be a good opportunity to shake down a new-(old) scale boat.

Plan on filling out the entry form Monday eve, will go with the mail Tues.

Rick Bellinger
Hello Rick;

Bring it and we can pencil it in if needed. What day are you arriving :unsure:

See You Soon.

Norm Doerr

I am working on boats now , just printed the form , mailing it today . Looks like B hydro , C hydro , X mono , X hydro , GX1 - Rigger , GX 1 Sport Hydro . I am really going to need a pitman for this one ! :D

I am working on boats now , just printed the form , mailing it today . Looks like B hydro , C hydro , X mono , X hydro , GX1 - Rigger , GX 1 Sport Hydro . I am really going to need a pitman for this one ! :D
Tom,

Don't forget to work on a tuneup for the van so you can actually make it there this time!!!

Don

Tom,

Don't forget to work on a tuneup for the van so you can actually make it there this time!!!

Don
Don , problem turned out to be an ECM Relay , 25 .00 part ! I saw the race site from the flatbed as we went the remaining 3 miles or so to Hillsborough Ave !! Man was I pissed ! Van is a 2004 E -350 that drives 100 plus miles per day ! Never let me down till then , I will be there or you'll read about a vehicle fire !

Tom,

Don
Don , problem turned out to be an ECM Relay , 25 .00 part ! I saw the race site from the flatbed as we went the remaining 3 miles or so to Hillsborough Ave !! Man was I pissed ! Van is a 2004 E -350 that drives 100 plus miles per day ! Never let me down till then , I will be there or you'll read about a vehicle fire !
Just make sure to get the boats out first ,then give me a call,we'll come get ya!! ;)

Norm;

Should be over Friday mid-day, raelly looking foward to your new site

Your penciling in will work out fine, I had planned on running it on Friday, over there for some more water time

Rick Bellinger

Back