Taipan 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent video paul , the best 21 rigger on the market mate.. keep up the great work jase... B)

Fellas,

I think a MS-21 pipe and an H-4 or 1445 will wake that boat up. Does it have mixture

control on the boat? If not, it needs it. That boat was lucky to be in the low 50's.

It does need a strut adjustment also,did you see how the propeller kept coming

unhooked? Just a few observations not trying to be critical fellas. :D How much

cup on that H-5? And what is the diameter in mm on that propeller? What is the

pipe length also? If you guys answer a few questions we will be able to help you

guys more.

Thanks Keep Testing,

Mark Sholund

When I had my 20 Warlok, I was swinging a AB 1450 S&B Prop with my AB Modified Mac 21. It got up easily at Sea Level. Here at altitude I had to lengthen the pipe a bit, or run my cupped up 1445.

Hi Mark,

The pond at Penrith is deceiving for speeds. Pauls boat has definately run faster than low 50's - I've seen it run heat times not possible at those speeds. in fact Paul's and My 21's often run faster heat times than all but a few of the 45 riggers at events.

Heat times tell the real story. At the recent Hunter Valley champs, the best heat time for the event was set in X hydro by Ian Inverarity with a seriously quick single powered by a RS101 at 1.02. Grub's best with a Cajun twin with RS91's was 1.03. Paul's best heat time with the 21 ( in traffic) was a 1.15 and mine was a 1.12. Now I know for fact my boat runs faster than low 50's (L/S nova with a few mods, SPP TD21, P4U H4 @ 3.75".) Hell, It got clocked at over 60 with a blade missing off the prop once with a stalker pro gun.

I don't know if he's changed it since HV - I can't watch the video (firewall)

Last edited by a moderator:
As i said this was a test i was testing the diffrence between the ms and the td pipe at diffrent lengths i found that with ms pipe when leand it down the speed was about the same as the td pipe but when i backed off to mill speed the engine would not come back on pipe without richening the mixtur this is not what i won't.

My best prop on this boat is a H4 pitched to 3.9 using the td pipe the 1445 has to much lift for this boat the H5 is only my small prop that i use for testing dosen't load the engine much this boat has been clocked at 74 mph at our last saw meet.

Don't take the video as being the fastes it will go it has quite a bit in yet.

Back