Swordfish 300

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have one that worked just good on my saw rigger but honestly never had the power I have now with my Ice 240.Up to then the data logging showed repeatidly lot of misreading.

First have you downloaded the last version software? V4.02 hifei

Have you observed the number of poles of your motor?

What motor are you using and how many cells?

Have you used big connectors and observed the way to solder the cables?Sometimes bad connectors produce this sympton!

I'm asking this because we need more details about your setup or better post pics of it.

Gill
Gill,

I just bought my 300 last week and it has software version 4.04. Maybe you didn't get full speed out of your 300 esc because of the tx setup?

Just thinking because of what Jim said. Kind of makes sense.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason I'm using a Futaba Faast 3 PMX .John even doing what Jim said I couldn't get max power from my set up.I will upgrade my soft version( 4.02 to 4.04 to see what happens.Anyway I'm very happy with my Castle 240 that IMO has a much better datalogging.Thanks Gill

Jason I'm using a Futaba Faast 3 PMX .John even doing what Jim said I couldn't get max power from my set up.I will upgrade my soft version( 4.02 to 4.04 to see what happens.Anyway I'm very happy with my Castle 240 that IMO has a much better datalogging.Thanks Gill
Yes, the data logging is great on the Castle. Mine showed me exactly how I blew it up. Lots of ripple and peaked at 320 amps when she blew. The motor was running 60,000 rpm at the time. Totally my fault. Too much load and too large a prop. Still learning.

"Yes, the data logging is great on the Castle. Mine showed me exactly how I blew it up."

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ran the swordfish yesterday. It worked very well. I also ran the same boat with a shulzie. They ran the same top speed. The only difference I saw was I had set up the swordfish with a slow start and it has a nice long slow start up which I like for SAW runs. The data logging work well also. No complaints. I did set up the tx at 100 percent throttle on setup and then turned it up to 120 percent for running like Jim suggested. The data logging showed 100 percent to 102 percent when I pulled the trigger all the way to 120 percent.

"Yes, the data logging is great on the Castle. Mine showed me exactly how I blew it up."

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shame you cant buy that kind of smoke in a can. It would be so much cheaper
that's 1 of my issues with FE. FE smoke doesn't smell near as good as nitro/castor smoke :p :lol: :lol: . see you guys next week at our race!!

I don't run a cap bank on any of my controllers. To keep the ripple current down, keep the wire length as short as possible, use good quality packs (and don't run them too hard)... and use appropriate sized wire and bullets.. :)

Chilli,

All of what you said makes sense but I am running SAW so the part about not running them hard ........ <_<

I bought the 300 because I need to have a unit that holds up to my abuse. Saturday it pulled 245 amps with my smallest prop and I need to move up a size or two to do what I want in speed. I am taking it one step at a time. Baby steps. I am sure I will be pushing the envelope of the 380 amp burst rating before it is said and done. I will buy a can of smoke as suggested and let it out before I run the boat. ;)

I don't run a cap bank on any of my controllers. To keep the ripple current down, keep the wire length as short as possible, use good quality packs (and don't run them too hard)... and use appropriate sized wire and bullets.. :)
Think twice about that when you start running the bigger stuff Mike. Even Schulze recommended additional caps on the 40-160 ESC's (best ESC on the planet) over 6S applications.

Chilli as John said I'm also only run SAW and I'm pretty sure that if I was not using a good capbank on my Ice 240 I would have smoke on my boat.See my data showing 283A.turning a 47mm prop. l

GRX FE 2nd test.bmp

Attachments

• GRX FE 2nd test.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Chilli as John said I'm also only run SAW and I'm pretty sure that if I was not using a good capbank on my Ice 240 I would have smoke on my boat.See my data showing 283A.turning a 47mm prop. l
Gil,

I like the text version of the data logging even better than the graph because it gives the exact numbers. Have you looked at the text version?

Not saying my way is the only way to go folks. Just to look for other remedies to reduce ripple current. As for moving up to bigger power Don??... I don't think so. P and Q is as high as I want to go with the SAW's stuff. :)

Not saying my way is the only way to go folks. Just to look for other remedies to reduce ripple current. As for moving up to bigger power Don??... I don't think so. P and Q is as high as I want to go with the SAW's stuff. :)
So you're not going to run 8S in that 60 rigger you got from George?? That's what I was referring to...............

Heck Yes I'm going to run it next year.. Just don't want to run the big stuff at trials. I'll be bringing it this weekend for you to take a look at so we can figure the equipment configuration. to get the CG right. George said he'll be happy to move the bulkhead and make a new cowl for me also.

Heck Yes I'm going to run it next year.. Just don't want to run the big stuff at trials. I'll be bringing it this weekend for you to take a look at so we can figure the equipment configuration. to get the CG right. George said he'll be happy to move the bulkhead and make a new cowl for me also.
Cool! Seriously though plan on extra caps for it. You can look over my 10S rigger this weekend to see how I did the set up, should be basically the same layout. :)

Ran the sword fish again yesterday and the mono blew off the water at about 80 mph taking the top of the boat completely off when thye boat hit the water. Water is hard! The boat sat upside down on the water for about ten minutes before I got a hold of it. I didn't know the top had been torn off until I got back to shore because i kept it in the upside down position as I lifted it to the pickup boat cusion. Nothing burned up! How does that happen when everything was sitting in the water? Anyway. I put everything in the sun to dry out and then this morning I put it all back together. To my pleasant surprise everything worked! The data logger showed that The boat was turning 41,960 rpm just before lift off. After lift off all the readings were skewed. figuring 21 percent slip with 2.55 pitch at 41,960 rpm = 80.04 mph. the boat only pulled 253 amps continuous so after I move the batteries more forward, repair the deck, and put on a Mark Shouland prop with more pitch the controller should be closer to fully loaded and we will see how it holds up. The swordfish appears to be water proof as advertised.

Back