Switch failures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS.. is the big one.. Zepsus
Stand-by Consumption
The switch has an ultra low stand-by consumption in off-state. The consumption is so low that the switch can be connected to a small battery for several years without discharging it.

Now it has my attention!

Grim
This is a very small power switch designed for F3F and F3B remote controlled model gliders. With this switch your RC model can be turned on or off without you needing to access it internally. Just move a magnet over the switch, on the outside of the model, and it turns on. To turn it off just pass the magnet by the switch again. The switch has an ultra low power consumption in the off-state. The consumption is so low that the switch can be connected to a 300mAh battery for several years without discharging it. The switch has a built-in failsafe function. It remembers its state for at least 10 sec, if disconnect from the battery. It will protect the switch against power glitches caused by bad battery connections, etc.

Production test

All switches have been tested with 10A for 30 sec before delivery. Standby consumption is controlled and a visual inspection is made.

THIS.. is the big one.. Zepsus
Stand-by Consumption
The switch has an ultra low stand-by consumption in off-state. The consumption is so low that the switch can be connected to a small battery for several years without discharging it.

Now it has my attention!

Grim
Grim, don’t you use shorting plugs on your heli’s? I have never run a switch in any of my heli’s or fixed wing aircraft. When I came back running boats I was going to adapt a shorting plug system but everyone told me the new switches plus rubber mounted engines didn’t require it. Knock on wood, I haven’t had an issue, I do use Corrosion X in my switches, plugs and receivers.

The current capability is fine for just about any of them for our boats.. A "reed" switch is only good for around 20gees. With this being solid state.. to me.. thats the big one..

The Futaba ESW-2J has been a very good switch for me.. but I like what they have going on.. (I need to give one a go)

Dave, I have never had a switch fail.. what would have caused your switch to fail a dozen times if that were the case? Can you pin point that to one issue?

Grim

Dave, I have never had a switch fail.. what would have caused your switch to fail a dozen times if that were the case? Can you pin point that to one issue?

Grim
a failing switch a few times from water intrusion in my very prone to flip crackerbox. a life battery that went from 5.5v down 3v suddenly. a time where a direct battery connection to the receiver came undone from vibration. as in the battery starting flinging around the radio box and pulled out of the reciever. Throwing the boat in the water without the radio box on. switch connector short.

its also a reliable way to stall the engine and get an RPM reading. I witnessed a gas rigger go rogue at an IMPBA race and just did circles for 10 minutes at light throttle until it ran out of gas. These switches are mandatory for 5th scale buggy racing.

Only one of these was due to a bad switch or a "Switch fail"

Water
battery crapping out
battery to RX came apart as battery came loose
Launching without the system on
Switch connector short

I am not implying its not a value added device AND no question a switch can fail but I am just not seeing it in any of the events I attend in any capacity that makes be feel I need to jump ship..

It is a cool device!

Grim

Back