super sport .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

i'm setting up a super sport 45 for a friend. it will have the stealth cowl with exposed pipe. the pipe is an andy brown parabolic so with the pipe being on the short side not much of it will be exposed. in the namba rule book it mentions that the pipe is not to be exposed or something to that effect. i've seen a few in the district set up in the same manner. my question is, is he going to have a hard time at the races in regards to legality?

Only If He Wins All The Time :lol: :lol: With the reduced participation last

couple years,,I doubt it. The WOFMAN could answer that question, Toot Sweet.

I have to agree with Jerry on one point ( Only if you win ) hahaha..A small pice of alum flasing will solve the problem,and keep it legal .. Or in a pinch at the pond a pice of soda can, till the next race....

Do you have the front radio box setup? Wont the muffled pipe fit under the decks and come out the transom? I have not seen one setup that way myself with that pipe.

I have the rear radio box and that pipe, quite a bit of the pipe shows.

You can get a Bud style turbine cowl for the boat that covers the pipe.

PHIL

phil, the guy i'm building it for liked the looks of the stealth cowl with the exposed pipe like the yellow boat on your web page and wasn't thinking about racing but he's thinking of letting his son race it in the future. the questioned really stemmed from the fact that i'm going to build myself a boat setup in the same manner with the clear intentions of racing it. the boat has a rear radio box. i guess your right about the pipe. a good deal of the pipe will show i was just comparing it to the andy brown ab pipe that is slightly longer thus more of it would be exposed. do you race in namba or impba ? and what is the ruling where you run?

wingnut said:
phil, the guy i'm building it for liked the looks of the stealth cowl  with the exposed  pipe like the yellow boat on your web  page and wasn't thinking about racing but he's thinking of letting his son  race it in the future. the questioned really stemmed from the fact that i'm going to build myself a boat setup in the same manner with the clear intentions of racing it. the boat has a rear radio box. i guess your right about the pipe. a good deal of the pipe will show i was just comparing it to the andy brown ab pipe that is slightly longer thus more of it would be exposed. do you race in namba or impba ?  and what is the ruling where you run?
77524[/snapback]

I race in the Mid West area IMPBA we dont have a rule against exposed tuned pipes. I have raced it that way in FLA so Mark is right about the dist rules, some will allow it in NAMBA areas. You should check with the dist. directors of the area you are in.

Mark Anderson said:
Depends on your district. Some follow the rules and some don't. Mark

77526[/snapback]

Mark- We enforce it here in D 19 right? I have never seen one exposed here.

Adam

The rule is inforced here too in Dist 9.. But you do what you want and see what happens...There always some soda cans inthe trash cans...

Jerry Wyss said:
Only If He Wins All The Time :lol:   :lol:   With the reduced participation lastcouple years,,I doubt it. The WOFMAN could answer that question, Toot Sweet.

77401[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: TOO **** FUNNY... :lol: :lol:

Hey guys, Here in nine we do enforce these rules. This past season, there were several boats in the sport 40II class that were failing in terms of looks. we all hide the pipes. It's a major bone of contention every year. We beat that dead horse.

as for the issues this past season, some of the boats started looking pretty bad. I had lost a cowl, and had no time to do any painting. Just fit and race. I was in violation as well as a few other racers. we had to fix the boats and it wasn't a big deal. We were allowed to run that weekend. I like the class because of the fact that they look like a real boat. I like doing nascar paint schemes... and the sport classes are the best. Race on!

Bob Tuttle B)

District 9 is the best place to race!

Phil

is the parabolic pipe a quit pipe or am I going to have to get a muffler for it? :ph34r: :ph34r:

crash said:
is the parabolic pipe a quit pipe or am I going to have to get a muffler for it? :ph34r:   :ph34r:
78491[/snapback]

The CMD parabolic pipe is a quiet pipe. You'll be fine, just be sure to drill out the baffle plate to the same size as the stinger i.d. :)

I think thay sent me the wrong pipe this is marked Brown 45 pipe. I'll have grim check it out .I get to go to his house and play this after noon {woo hoo :D :p :D :p }workin on the sport 40{in a sassy tone} :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back